1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Meermin Mallorca Shoes

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by asturiano, Dec 5, 2011.

1. nqtri

nqtri Well-Known Member

Gustin if you can wait. Also just discovered Bobbies: http://www.bobbies.com/en/117584-sneakers-men. They're a French brand that makes both dress shoes and sneakers.

2. Danitch

Danitch Member

Meermin improved its size charts.
    They added a "girth"
    This is a significant improvement for new users in determining their size.
    I measured the girth of my foot and got 250mm, it perfectly fits with measurements in charts for 9uk in hiro, olfe and 8.5 rui which I own.

3. Quesjac

Quesjac Well-Known Member

Can you post a link? This sounds very useful.

4. Danitch

Danitch Member

1 person likes this.
  5. Quesjac

Quesjac Well-Known Member

Perfect, thank you.

Also, do you or does anyone know how to get the full range of Saphir polishes on the new site? I remember you could buy them from the page of the shoe in the relevant colour on the old site, but now all I can find is the neutral cream.

1 person likes this.
  6. Danitch

Danitch Member

I think that the new site is still in the works and many products will appear there in the near future.
    For example, just that I saw that the section of boots was replenished by two items, which was not yesterday.

7. Bruges

Bruges Well-Known Member

With the new website, my login and password (that are 100% correct) are not accepted anymore. When I ask to reset my password and enter my e-mail, I don't receive an e-mail. Anyone else the same issues?

8. Jeroen Vriend

Jeroen Vriend Well-Known Member

I have had it too, just send them an email!

9. gbandi

gbandi Well-Known Member

Anyone have fitting issues with hiro lasted Boots without laces? I have a bunch of hiro last shoes. They all fit fine. Have a hiro lasted Galway and suede Chelsea which fit fine as well. Have a hiro lasted leather Chelsea and leather jodhpurs in same size. They are super tight in the toes. Have had them stretched twice without any help. Emailed Meermin, they said go a size up next time. This doesn't make sense. I think it is a QC issue. Wondering if anyone else had the issue?

10. babump

babump Well-Known Member

I just bit on the hazel jodhpur MTOs in the Hiro last. Anyone have experience with sizing on their jodhpurs? I have their hiro last oxfords in 9uk which are just too snug to wear all day... My feet are dead by the end of work day. I went with uk9.5. For comparison I'm a US10e in AE 5 last.

11. Ballon DOr 09

Ballon DOr 09 Member

Is Hiro last shorter than Elton last?

12. Jeroen Vriend

Jeroen Vriend Well-Known Member

Yes, check the size charts on their website