1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Meermin Mallorca Shoes

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by asturiano, Dec 5, 2011.

1. Stepping

Stepping New Member

Maybe. I think they are growing fast and have difficulties keeping up.
    Remember when I bought a pair of AE when visiting NY. After a few weeks the heals had a small crack and the leather didn't look good. Sent them some pictures, after talking to a very nice lady over the phone they sent me a new pair and included shoe blocks, shoe horn, polish and brush. Now, that's what I call customer service. Then again you have to pay for it.

2. loxo

loxo Well-Known Member

I heard back from Meermin and to give them their due, they responded quicker than I expected and are very accommodating.They've asked me to ship back the shoes and whether I would rather a refund or to remake the shoes which will take 30 days... This begs the question: Do I want to roll the dice on another pair pair or cut my losses and use the money towards a more expensive but consistent brand?

3. othertravel

othertravel Well-Known Member

I'd say upgrade to a Carmina. I say that because the US dollar is very strong compared to the euro, so now is a good time to jump.

1 person likes this.
  4. Bruges

Bruges Well-Known Member

I ordered a pair of Oxfords, on the Hiro last. Unfortunately I have a high instep so they don't fit me. Which last of Meermin is better suited for someone with a high instep?

5. Bruges

Bruges Well-Known Member

This is the Hiro last
    [​IMG]

This is the Park last
    [​IMG]

So from these pictures I would think the Park last has a higher instep

6. Osiris2012

Osiris2012 Well-Known Member

I think the problem is posts in this thread aren't reflective of their overall position, this thread is quite old and if you look back through it all you can see the same praise and complaints time and again and yet Meermin is still here and by all accounts going well,

I don't think its a case of +$20 to fix quality control either, I've had carminas and AS that have had to go back and if you look at AE - which we've seen a lot of comparisons too -, those guys have been around longer, have a bigger market and they still can't get the QC correct, so much so that they have an entire AE 2nd's market as a result. And no their guys working the line aren't much better 2/3 AE I've purchased had similar minor issues to some of the stuff the chestnut guys have posted.

As has been said many times over the life of this thread improving their customer service and partnering with a delivery company for returns (or some sort of pre-paid postage like what luxire do) would help them immensely since QC with shoes seems difficult for shoe makers - or perhaps its just the case that most customers don't worry about minor items like SF members, I know my friends thought I was being pedantic for sending back the AE that had minor issues that they didn't even notice until they inspected them closely.

7. LeviMay

LeviMay Well-Known Member

So... Black calf and suede balmoral boots, anyone?

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 17, 2015
  8. Stepping

Stepping New Member

... improving their customer service and partnering with a delivery company for returns (or some sort of pre-paid postage like what luxire do) would help them immensely since QC with shoes seems difficult for shoe makers...

Well said!

Hope they eventually listen, because I'm very pleased with my Meermins and hope to order more in the future.

9. MTLinStyle

MTLinStyle Well-Known Member

10. golfinz

golfinz Well-Known Member

Anyone with Park last experience? I've got a pair of the classic line double monks on the hiro last (which I would assume fit differently than an oxford) in a UK6 and am wanting to get on park lasted adel that's being offered up in the group MTO program right now. Does the park last fit like the carmina rain last, specifically in the waist/instep/vamp area? I wear a uk5.5 in the rain last because there is so much volume in this part of the shoe on the rain last. I sport a uk6 in the simpson last from carmina.

https://www.meermin.es/grupoMTO.php?idGrupo=96

Thanks

Last edited: Jan 19, 2015
  11. nolanmjj

nolanmjj Well-Known Member

Japanese Cordovan Double Monks up. Going super fast.

12. Bruges

Bruges Well-Known Member

Unfortunately they don't have any classic Oxfords on the RUI last [​IMG]

13. JezeC

JezeC Well-Known Member

Great time now. With the price of the USD to EURO. Total cost is $350.

14. OfficeLinebacke

OfficeLinebacke Well-Known Member

Oh man I can't believe I missed that Japanese Cordovan gunboat group buy. Those are some awesome shoes. Would go well with my Aldens. :(

15. stijn

stijn Active Member

That went superfast indeed. Didn't want to join yet, waiting on my first pair to arrive, will evaluate then :).

16. Indyoshi68

Indyoshi68 Well-Known Member

First post here; I do pop in from time to time though. Nolanmjj, are the cherry cordovan double monks araround $350 US? Just checked them out (got the email about them) and they look awesome. That price just doesn't make sense, though...is it me? (Sorry - answered before I posted... How do you PASS on that price? Wow.) Time to thin the herd to make space for these. I'm 11.5E in AE's 5 last. Where should I be in the Hiro? (Right pinky is always an issue) Any assistance would be appreciated.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2015
  17. ivanswk

ivanswk Well-Known Member

All gone now

18. Indyoshi68

Indyoshi68 Well-Known Member

Wow. That was SUPER FAST...ouch. From the time I saw the email, posted here and went back - funded. Crap. :(

19. JezeC

JezeC Well-Known Member

the price is cheaper because it's made to gy1 standard and you're not getting horween leather.

20. othertravel

othertravel Well-Known Member

But it's Japanene cordovan, using ancient techniques.

1 person likes this.