• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

anrobit

Reaction score
Going up in size to accomodate for width doesn't make any sense. If last doesn't work for you the last doesn't work. Wearing a shoe 1.5 sizes long is not the solution
You would think people would learn that by now...

Shoe too short/long? Change the length size!

Shoe too narrow/wide? Change the width?

Still doesn't work? Try a different last

It's almost like it's logical.

Geran Brown

Reaction score
Does anyone have any shoes in the following last? I want to see the toe box shape in person on someone's foot.

-Ama
-Ben

Last edited:

ayush12345

Reaction score

Can you please try to clarify where the crack is? If it is in the sole, it might just be a normal join that should feature on both shoes. Any chance of a better photo?

I hope this image can help.. The crack is definitely not on the sole..

ammanati

Reaction score
^^^ Very nice! That's exactly the colour I am after. What last are those on?
Thank you Roger! These are made on Hiro last. You can find them here: http://meermin.es/ficha_articulo.php?id=2749

The colour in the photo looks exactly like in the reality. Although may very depending on your screen settings. It is kind of shade that goes better with lighter colours (like light grey) rather than charcoal or dark grey imo.

Last edited:

RogerP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^^ Thanks for the info. I have ordered a pair of wholecuts on the Ama last (at least I think I have - placed it a few days ago and have heard nothing further and paid no $$) in that shade and also ordered a pair for my wife. Looking forward to my (our) first Meermins.

ammanati

Reaction score
In my case it was like that:
Ordered: 29.12
Shipped: 10.01
Delivered: 14.01
You'll have to wait probably a couple more days for them to charge you. I was expecting a month for delivery so was quite surprised with slightly over 2 weeks

Geran Brown

Reaction score

MTO Austerity Brogue on the Ben Last
Thanks mate! If you don't mind me asking, how much did it cost you? This is what I got from Luisa and I couldn't tell if all the prices except shipping included VAT or not... 260€ (shoes) + 100€ MTO cost + shipping fee = 395€ ($533.49US)

JezeC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
honestly at that price, I rather buy something more accessible if you're not 100% stuck on a specific style/ last. not to mention, you didn't account for the duty fees yet. some guy told me he was charged around $40 bucks for the LM line, making it closer to $600. you might get burned with sizing as well.

OzzyJones

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thanks mate!

If you don't mind me asking, how much did it cost you?

This is what I got from Luisa and I couldn't tell if all the prices except shipping included VAT or not...

260€ (shoes) + 100€ MTO cost + shipping fee = 395€ ($533.49US)

That price includes VAT

JezeC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quote:
He probably meant duty fee, which is about $40

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads