1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Meermin Mallorca Shoes

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by asturiano, Dec 5, 2011.

1. hikari013

hikari013 Well-Known Member

Its all on the website. Look under "conditions"

2. wigglr

wigglr Well-Known Member

Damn, nearly $45 for shipping! So a pair would be 150 Euros + 35 euros for shipping, correct?

3. tv2177

tv2177 Well-Known Member

u are close, but I believe they are also VAT free to ship outside of Europe, so u are looking at 18% to 20% discount on the $150 plus shipping. :slayer::slayer:

Last edited: Jul 10, 2012
  4. wigglr

wigglr Well-Known Member

Wooooo you're my new favorite person. So being in New England, suede is a no-no? I am sad - their suedes are beautiful looking.

5. 2ghouls

2ghouls Member

I wear suede in New England. And I vouch for the beauty of Meermin's suede offerings. I got a pair with the studded rubber sole. Haven't worn them in inclement weather yet, but I probably would.

1 person likes this.
  6. wigglr

wigglr Well-Known Member

Thanks 2ghouls. What would you use as a protectant?

7. meister

meister Well-Known Member

Garlic?

8. tv2177

tv2177 Well-Known Member

:rotflmao:

9. Romp

Romp Well-Known Member

I think suede with rubber soles works best in the rain. I spray mine with waterproof stuff (got mine from Camper - supposedly better for the environment) and always brush them.

Its my opinion that clothes .. and shoes in particular look better "worn". Obviously with respect and due care however I wouldnt be so afraid of a bit of water on the suede (infact mine beads water off)

10. NAMOR

NAMOR Well-Known Member

would like to know as well. my mto got pushed back, unfortunately. all you bastards have increased their demand 10 fold since i placed my order back in march

Last edited: Jul 10, 2012
  11. kev777

kev777 Well-Known Member

I use the Collonil spray protector and have no problems with suede at all, dont know what all the fuss is about regarding suede its just as good in bad weather as calf !!

12. Romp

Romp Well-Known Member

Fwiw if u see a shoe u like but not in the colour, try asking Pepe ... Ive had some good luck getting shoes shown in brown in black.

13. cbfn

cbfn Well-Known Member

Received my black cap toes today, and WOW; I already love them.

First impressions:
    Everything was perfect when it arrived, even the smell. The leathers feels good, but only time will shoe how it wears, and I'll update my posts after some wear with new photos and a second review.

Fit:
    These are size 7.
    I'm a UK 7 in C&J 348 (Lowndes) which fit close to perfect. I would say these fit quite snug atm, but will after a while end up close to the 348.
    I also have a pair of AE FA 5 last in US 8 which are a bit on the large side and I need a thin insole for a good, but not perfect fit.

They're undergoing some conditioning over the night before they're being polished tomorrow, almost can't wait!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. New Shoes1

New Shoes1 Well-Known Member

Thanks for sharing, Christian B. Hiro last?

15. cbfn

cbfn Well-Known Member

Was my pleasure.
    Yes, that is correct.

16. RDiaz

RDiaz Well-Known Member

Congrats on your captoes. I've got the same model, in the same last and even the same size, and so far it's aging well :)

I'm still surprised at how sturdy the soles are. I usually wear the toes on my soles quite fast, but these are taking quite a beating.

17. Jmen

Jmen Well-Known Member

Looks good, thanks for the great photos. Really impressive what they can offer at such a low price!
    I'm hoping to receive my Single Monks on Monday. I'm really looking forward to it because that will be my third, and hopefully final pair of Meermin. The first pair I received were the suede wholecuts. Unfortunately they were too small and the outsole was seperated from the welt. I exchanged them for the penny loafer, but those were also a bit too tight, and I didn't really like the model. So now I'm in the process of exchanging them for the suede single monks.
    Haven't heard anything from Sandro yet about the shipment of the single monks, but I'm sure he's just very busy since he has always been a pleasure to deal with. Otherwise I'll just have to wait a little bit longer.
    I would definitely recommend Meermin, not just because of the great quality you get for the price, but also because of the great support you get. It is really nice to be in direct contact with someone when ordering shoes, definitely with these people! I really hope they can keep this up.

18. tv2177

tv2177 Well-Known Member

Christian B, you are killing me!! I should place my order on pair of dark brown soon...

great pick up!! enjoy!!!

19. Petepan

Petepan Well-Known Member

Christian B, thank you for the photos. I have an exact same pair coming my way in about one week. Can't wait!

20. Swede66

Swede66 Well-Known Member

Look very nice! Impressive for the price.

Waiting for my first Meermin's, dub monk in dark brown suede. Planned delivery Tuesday coming week.

So Christian, I did not follow your age advice :D