1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Meermin Mallorca Shoes

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by asturiano, Dec 5, 2011.

1. DavidLane

DavidLane Well-Known Member

Shearling lined GMTO is still open, please PM me for details. I am still shooting for early August to send in the details, but we are short of the requirement at this point. We had 20+ interested in March, now only 6 people on board.

Come on fellas, there will be snow again. It is hard to imagine now, but there will be snow and you will be kicking yourself.

Please note these are the EG Galway below. This is the style we are going for with shearling lining:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  2. JARB

JARB Active Member

How many do we need DavidLane..? I really want this to happen..

3. Heh Ding Xin

Heh Ding Xin Member

I wear uk7f in a discontinued cheaney captoe, slight heel slippage on right foot and snug on the left at the ball region...I think I have a high instep and wide foot
    How are the size of meermin in comparison to cheaneys?
    Should I order a uk7 from meermin double monk in park last? Or should I size up?
    many thanks in advance

Last edited: Jul 31, 2014
  4. mimo

mimo Well-Known Member

Which Cheaney last?

5. mimo

mimo Well-Known Member

Me too.

You might have to order two pairs. :)

6. Heh Ding Xin

Heh Ding Xin Member

Didnt really know about the last...its a chisel toe one

7. DavidLane

We need a total of 15. I have 8 right now. 15 is a lot, but I think anyone who has to deal with snow might be interested. I just got a buddy on board, so ask about. Not sure how we had 21 in March, and now only 8.

I am really pulling to make this happen. Consider it open until we get it done!

DL-

8. Heh Ding Xin

Heh Ding Xin Member

Do meermin offer other museum calf other than plum and dark brown?

9. sarteaga

sarteaga Well-Known Member

I believe it was said that they can source gray museum calf for an MTO.

I originally wanted to participate and still would like too but already have to 2 MTO's and a baby on the way so I don't know if I should.

10. Ironist

Ironist Well-Known Member

Well a lot changes in 5 months. Meermin took to long to get going on this and people bought other shoes or life happened and no longer in budget. Plus there were just people interested but not committed to buying them when it came down to it. There is a difference.

11. blackadder

blackadder Well-Known Member

Two Qs:

1. What exactly is that a picture of? Did meermin make a sample, or is it just a similar-looking boot from elsewhere?

2. I am very ignorant, so excuse me if the answer is highly obvious to many of you, but is a leather sole durable enough for a foul weather/snow boot? Or for walking across country?

Last edited: Aug 1, 2014
  12. cbfn

cbfn Well-Known Member

It is the Edward Green Galway.

13. mimo

mimo Well-Known Member

And on your second question, the MTO is planned to have a double leather sole with a "Ridgeway" moulded outer sole too, so it should be tough enough for pretty much anything. Also a bellows tongue, so the snow doesn't get in through the laces.

1 person likes this.
  14. DavidLane

Thanks Mimo for taking the ball on these answers.

I think this will be really nice once we get it on foot. I am very excited and it will be a wonderful winter boot, I plan to take mine to the gun range for sporting clays right through the winter!

DL-

15. mimo

mimo Well-Known Member

Where I live it rarely dips below 20C/70F, for a few weeks, and is more often between 35-50C (90-120F). And it rains about five days a year.

I will mostly be looking at mine and stroking them. Like my three piece tweed suits. The heart wants what the heart wants.

16. rydenfan

rydenfan Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Meeriman makes a nice product for their price point but if they could product that Galway at their price they would be outstripping their production capacity quite quickly.

17. mimo

mimo Well-Known Member

Maybe the solution is a crossover with the Vass "Gunboot"? Eight would be plenty for that...

18. blackadder

blackadder Well-Known Member

I might be interested in this boot. Both places I live have quite foul weather, and the concept looks beautiful. But then doesn't EG always?

19. MTLinStyle

MTLinStyle Well-Known Member

I can be tempted into this MTO. Just need a few more details on the boot. Is only the top of the boot in scotch grain? Does Meermin's Dainite sole looks similar to EG's?

Thanks

20. Feryll

Feryll Well-Known Member

Which last do you think would fit me if (UK 11) Loake 026/G (not F!) fits me perfectly ?