1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Meermin Mallorca Shoes

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by asturiano, Dec 5, 2011.

1. mothon

mothon Well-Known Member

This depends more on the person. For me my meermins are my nice shoes. To somebody that normally spends $500+ on a pair of shoes might use them as "beaters".

2. sstokol

sstokol Active Member

Sure, let me qualify what I meant ... for ~€130, the classic range are cheaper than pretty much every other OK made goodyear welted shoe I can think of at a price which means you dont have to fret too much about what you do to them: hence beaters/regular wear shoes... E.g. I bought my blue loafers to party in and they have already seen 3am sticky dance floor service on their 2nd outing

The cheaper price also lets you expand your rotation of shoes quicker, especially if like most of us you don't have a russian oligarch style shoe budget

They are definitely "nice" shoes in the sense they kick the crap out of all the plasticy, square toed monstrosities I see everywhere since I learned the value of a good shoe... "beaters" or not, I still expect them to last a long time (subject to further drunken antics somehow destroying them prematurely)

But there is a definite step up from those to the next level of shoes, e.g. the LM/Santoni/Loake 1880 etc... I think its from that level to the next level (e.g. EG, Vass, GG etc etc) that the differentiation gets progressively harder and harder to spot (IMHO)

Which as I say makes both levels of Meermin very good VFM in my view

I cant compare direct to Carmina as I havent bought any of those (yet)

3. svanerik

svanerik Member

My shipment with the loafer and belt is now ready to be shipped. I payed it just now.
    Looking forward to my loafers!

Ping @markfjh

EDIT: The reason for the delay was that they shipped the shoes and the belt from the store in madrid first. Now it's supposed to be on its way. Can't wait!

Last edited: Jun 5, 2014
  4. markfjh

markfjh Well-Known Member

thanks for the update! any indication as to shipping time frame?

5. NeedStyleHelp

NeedStyleHelp Well-Known Member

Interesting. I like the idea of the main line being $190 (after vat deducted and conversion), because I can add a couple of pairs to my rotation for the price of one pair of Carminas. By doing that, I might only be wearing a pair of shoes once every two weeks. And I thought my girl friend was the one with the shoe problem!

6. svanerik

svanerik Member

@markfjh Not yet! Still have not received any tracking number. Will keep you posted.

7. othertravel

othertravel Well-Known Member

Actually, I just found a secret website that has Meermin shoes for a 2/3 of that price... :D

$185 US shipped to Canada

Edit: And here it is:

http://goodyearshoes.bigcartel.com/

He also has an ebay store, but you'll probably get a better conversion rate by getting it directly from him. I would also suggest asking for a 10% price break on his prices if you order from him directly (his ebay prices are the same as his store prices; the 10% represents ebay fees).

At those prices, it's cheaper than AE. And I don't mind if they're factory seconds/minor defects.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2014
  8. JezeC

JezeC Well-Known Member

Quote:i think he only sells second quality shoes on ebay

9. othertravel

Yeah, I know. I think he's a good option if you're new to Meermin and unsure about sizing.

10. NeedStyleHelp

NeedStyleHelp Well-Known Member

I've seen it before. Some are really bad factory seconds, some I can live with. I emailed once, and I'm pretty sure it's hosted by the owners of meermin... their email had ALBALADEJO in it.

11. leetpuma

leetpuma Well-Known Member

I talked to him once and asked if he would combine shipping with an outstanding meermin order I had.
    And he said that he was not affiliated with meermin.

So he is probably a relative that is trying to make a few bucks. But not meermin directly

12. othertravel

Wasn't the rumour that he had access to the Meermin outlet and just flips them?

13. Bureaucrat

Bureaucrat Well-Known Member

Checked the site out, seems to be the same guy who is selling seconds on ebay. I found a few interesting shoes (like a LM plum museum calf in my size for a mere $235, with a very small defect), but I quickly ran away as I noticed that shipping within the EU was 50 dollars!

It seems that the seller makes a small profit from shipping charges too.

14. green garden

green garden Well-Known Member

I'm interested in buying Meermin from their site. I live in the US and based on what I've read, there will be US tariffs associated with the shipment. However, I'm not clear whether there are additional fees. Can somebody who has recent experience share the type of cost when ordering from Spain? Thanks in advance.

15. JezeC

JezeC Well-Known Member

there are duty fees when your package is sent from Spain to the US. I ordered two shoes and the fees were under $50 bucks for a $450 dollar package.

16. p.henrik

p.henrik Well-Known Member

Another gemming debate :lurk:
    who needs game of thrones anymore?

17. TGuns

TGuns Active Member

I just received my first pair of Meermin shoes. I purchased them from Goodyearshoes ebay listing and am very satisfied with my purchase. I requested him to put it as a gift on the shipping label and ended up not having to pay any duty (Not sure if the gift made a difference).

Here are few pics.

Also what colour/ brand of shoe care products do you guys recommend for these shoes.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3 people like this.
  18. techaview

techaview Well-Known Member

This MTO has closed. Thanks for those who participated and now we wait.....

19. markfjh

markfjh Well-Known Member

Anyone interested in a GMTO for this model in MARACCA suede?

20. green garden

green garden Well-Known Member

Thanks for the info.