1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Meermin Mallorca Shoes

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by asturiano, Dec 5, 2011.

1. svanerik

svanerik Member

Markfjh: Now that you mention it that seems to be correct. The tassel loafers don't have the front stitch so it seems plausible.
    I have ordered the shoes so when I get them I will upload pictures.

2. brillopad

brillopad Well-Known Member

Let me know what you think of those oxfords. I've been eyeing them for a LOOONG time.

3. flaudia402

flaudia402 Active Member

4. asdf

asdf Well-Known Member

I wear a 10UK/10.5US in Ed Green's 888 last... what size is recommended on the Hiro?

Last edited: Jun 3, 2014
  5. Irish

Irish Well-Known Member

Anyone know if this is still happening? In Meermin time, 40-60 days could be 2 years. I'm not sure why they keep my interest--there are plenty of nice brown dress shoes in the world. But I'm holding out for this on the off chance it actually comes to fruition.

6. markfjh

markfjh Well-Known Member

I believe Meermin has this shoe in stock! I just emailed them and sent them this picture @svanerik posted, to which they confirmed that they have stock of this model.

[​IMG]

EDIT: Additional images sent to me by Meermin

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 4, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  7. sstokol

sstokol Active Member

Here is a few shots in action...
    In real life I find the colour is a nice rich brown, mahogany like, quite dark which is exactly what I was going for. The leather is nice and all stitching is neat and tidy. You could certainly nitpick construction quality, but I think pretty darn good for its price point.

This last seems relatively narrow, which is fine for me but might be an issue if you have broad feet. The style is definitely professional/cbd acceptable. A nice, classic design.

Comfort wise, ok to begin with (today was just the third wear). Does feel like quite a firm in sole, slightly high and firm in the arches, but altogether ok. Overall, I'm pretty happy, especially for the price.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2 people like this.
  8. svanerik

svanerik Member

@markfjh Thanks for the extra pics. Looks like a really nice shoe.

My order seems to be stuck even though the shoe is in stock. I am constantly checking to see the order status but nothing has happened. Frustrating! [​IMG]

9. markfjh

markfjh Well-Known Member

Thats not good... I'm about to order my pair and matching belt too lol

May I ask how was the order processed though? Because its not on the website right?

10. techaview

techaview Well-Known Member

For those who has participated in this MTO, thank you. I will be finalizing your detail and sent you guys PM. Targeting to close soon...... Cheers!

11. laufer

laufer Well-Known Member

Meermin is very irresponsible company guys. I returned a pair of chukka suede boots on Rui last several weeks ago. I received a notice from Sandro that boots at customs and Meermin will soon have them. This was over a month ago. Yesterday the package was returned to me because nobody claimed it. Unbelievable. They never bothered to accept the package for over a month.

I am not going to be upset over this. They are far worse problems in the world. This is my fault for engaging in the transaction with Meermin. I knew this was a company with terrible customer service but I went against my better judgement.

If anybody once a pair of Dark Brown Suede chukka boots on Rui last from classic line in size 10 please PM-m

On the other hand guys be warned. Meermin is very irresponsible and unreliable company. For a little more money you should deal with Carmina.

12. sarteaga

sarteaga Well-Known Member

Quote:I do think it's unfortunate that this happened and frankly it should have never happened. However, I do think it isn't fair to quantify them as a company with bad customer service as a whole. I've personally have dealt with them quite a few times and haven't had many issues and whatever I did have they've rectified. I'm sorry that you had to go through this though as you shouldn't have had too. 10US or 10UK?

13. laufer

laufer Well-Known Member

10UK, somebody already claimed them :) What is done is done. To each its own but I am staying away from this company in future.

14. sarteaga

sarteaga Well-Known Member

^ damn I would have claimed them myself.

15. Irish

Irish Well-Known Member

Quote: We've heard of enough stories like this to conclude that Meermin customer service is "not good." Your experience might have been fine, but there is merit to the complaints. Compared to other shoe companies--or for that matter anyone looking to acquire your money in exchange for their goods--their service is horrible. Disinterested, half-assed, lazy. Great shoes--that's why we're here posting about them. But it is pretty wild some of the stories I've read. How don't they claim a return shipment?!

16. NickInTO

NickInTO Well-Known Member

I finally received my shoes in the right size yesterday. Sandro offered to send me a free belt to make up for the poor service. They did not send the belt. I'm satisfied with the shoes and feel like I eventually received good shoes for the price I paid. But after the whole experience, I don't think I'd order from them again.

17. othertravel

othertravel Well-Known Member

lol

18. Monkeyface

Monkeyface Well-Known Member

I've said it before and I'll say it again, if you want the Linea Maestro, it's better to pay the up charge for Carmina. No QC issues, much faster shipping and better customer service.

19. New Shoes1

New Shoes1 Well-Known Member

I agree 100%. The upcharge is somewhere around $100 or less and worth every penny. It's why I only have one pair of Meermin and have since bought mostly Carmina.

20. OzzyJones

OzzyJones Well-Known Member

Quote:If you're going to pay an upcharge for GY welted shoes why not just stick with English makers? I only went for LM for the hand welting. (Also why I've moved on to Vass)