1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Meermin Mallorca Shoes

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by asturiano, Dec 5, 2011.

1. darthng

darthng New Member

Based on my experience, Rui is slightly larger than Hiro so stick to 7½.

2. NeedStyleHelp

NeedStyleHelp Well-Known Member

I'm torn. I love the green colour and was just telling my girlfriend how I'd love a pair of a pair of Carmina's Loaden Green cordovan derbies (http://www.shop.carminashoemaker.com/articulo.asp?idarticulo=3857026). However, the rubber sole is a bit of a turn off, even with the much cheaper price. Also, what's the deal with crust calf? I'm unfamiliar with it.

3. techaview

techaview Well-Known Member

Hiro is E width/Rui is EE width from meermin website... But hiro seem a bit big for me, I say stick to 7.5 also

4. stevent

stevent Well-Known Member

Unfinished calf that is dyed by shoemaker. More depth in color

Grey is best IMO, though green works in most cases where a brown shoe would too. And as it's crust you can easily darken it by just applying more polish if you find green color doesn't work for you. Not sure how meermin finishes but it's also probably best to not use very much saphir Reno as you could take off finish.

I was going to get but my olive EG alderley is being shipped to me. If anyone does get the crust I'm curious how the leather is as I'd want a pair eventually

5. agedashidofu

agedashidofu Well-Known Member

Mid term review: Olfe Linea Maestro plum museum calf. Thought it might be a good idea to give a mid term review vs. just posting when they're new

Time used: 4 months
    Frequency: every other day, concrete pavement and office floors

- Value for money - looks more expensive than it really is
    - Leather (Haas tannery) is thick but supple
    - So far no issues with split welts, or anything for that matter. Shoe has held up pretty well
    - Great arch support, much more so compared to New Rey last
    - Color looks amazing

Dislike
    - Footbed has not molded to the shape of my feet. Not sure how / what kind of cork they use. This is a big bummer and definitely notches below Carmina

Overall however, for the price, this was a great purchase!

[​IMG]

3 people like this.
  6. REguy

REguy Well-Known Member

A 9.5 UK in the Hiro and Olfe fits me great. I actually had to go down to a 9 UK in the Rui because I found it to fit huge.

7. SimplyLime

SimplyLime Well-Known Member

Recent purchases

friend went to spain and visited the shop

Got this
    [​IMG]

While my friend got this
    [​IMG]

Since when did Meermin started doing horsebit loafers? Didn't know about this and didn't see in the site.
    If I knew about this before I would have gotten myself one as well.

8. Osiris2012

Osiris2012 Well-Known Member

I believe the physical stores in Madrid and Japan carry a lot more styles and options than what we see on the web unfortunately.

9. Yowzer

Yowzer Well-Known Member

That is very good to hear, particularly the positives. Are those the included shoelaces? Looks a bit thick in the photo. Quite a unique colour, quite purple-red in sunlight.

10. MSchapiro

MSchapiro Well-Known Member

Does anyone find that the arch support on the Hiro is insanely high? I tend to think I have pretty high arches, but I can't tell if its the last or a defective pair. Im debating removing the pads and replacing with a rubber insole.

11. mea1

mea1 New Member

Was thinking of getting a pair of their plum museums.

This photo seems to be taken under strong sunlight, but still appears to be much lighter than it looks on their website.
    (Thought it was closer to a dark burgundy-ish tone)

Do you think it would go with a charcoal and a dark navy suit? And if it does, would it seem a bit "flashy"?

Last edited: May 24, 2014
  12. Betelgeuse

Betelgeuse Well-Known Member

:lol:

Sandro is definitely for men. If it were for a woman it would have to be Sandra. :)

13. Half-Pint

Half-Pint Member

Anyone have any idea when the new balmoral boots will be available? They have been "coming soon" for months now

14. JezeC

JezeC Well-Known Member

I think the same was said for the Park lasted in-stock selection. Meermin makes awesome shoes but I wish there was better communication.

1 person likes this.
  15. Monkeyface

Monkeyface Well-Known Member

The plum is darker in real life, but it is certainly a bit flashy.

16. Lohikaarme

Lohikaarme Well-Known Member

Does anyone have pictures of wholecut boots from Meermin? I'm wondering if they've ever done an 8inch wholecut boot, if that's even possible.

17. p.henrik

p.henrik Well-Known Member

Gents,

Finally heard back from Pepe on the dark brown shell bal boots. They should be ready to ship end of next week, or just thereafter.

Below some pics of the boot pre and post lasting.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3 people like this.
  18. Monkeyface

If anyone would like to buy a dark brown calf/double leather soled Austerity boot MTO, please PM me. Olfe last/size 10.5UK. Worn about 15 times in total, no QC or lasting issues. 315GBP.

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 26, 2014
  19. mimo

mimo Well-Known Member

*oops*

Sorry too beeg.

20. Monkeyface

Ha, just before I edited my post! Sorry about that. It's on the Olfe last, size 10.5UK. It's unfortunately slightly too big for me, which is why I'm selling them. I also had a local cobbler put metal toe taps on the soles, so they won't wear as quickly.