1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Meermin Mallorca Shoes

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by asturiano, Dec 5, 2011.

1. papercut

papercut Well-Known Member

2. kmdsimpson

kmdsimpson Well-Known Member

Just a warning - Woodlore Epic shoe tree sizing is a nightmare. First, the trees are designed so that they are short compared to other brands. Then there was/is (not sure of the status) some confusion over the size charts that were being published. I had tried a pair and went up one size and was still not satisfied with them. They are just an odd, short and wide shape.

Since they're owned by Allen Edmonds now, I wonder if you could email AE and ask their opinion. But I'm also curious to hear what others have to say.

3. SidewinderX

SidewinderX Well-Known Member

I don't know if I would be quite so negative... feet come in all shapes and sizes. I wear a 10E in the AE 5 and AE 2 last. I wear a 9UK in olfe (tad loose, but comfortable). I also wear a 9UK in carmina Simpson last, which fits like a glove, and that's supposed to be a narrow last.

1 person likes this.
  4. Clay J

Clay J Well-Known Member

Ok, I have tried searching to no avail; does the Ron last actually fit like an E width? Is the Uk 12 really a US13, or closer to 12.5?

Thank you,
    Clay

Last edited: Apr 24, 2014
  5. Ironist

Ironist Well-Known Member

Just get a Woodlore ultra. Nicest non lasted shoe tree.

6. mimo

mimo Well-Known Member

Bexley do some very cheap sprung trees in un-varnished cedar. They are just the thing. My only slight concenr is that the springs are quite strong and I do wonder if they stretch the shoes over the long term...I'm not sure.

7. terrorsquad

terrorsquad Well-Known Member

I am sure the tan scotch grain will be available; Pepe just informed me that that a pair for me will be ready soon

8. leetpuma

leetpuma Well-Known Member

I am negative because trying unseen with wide feet with meermin (olfe/hiro/new ray) usually ends with atleast one bad/missized pair bought. If he goes with one of the wider lasts he should be okay.

Meermin does not offer widths so you have to choose a width by choosing your last.

Any how it is possible but I would be wary. (I am an 8.5D in AE-5 and and 7.5OLFE is super snug. I litteraly HAVE to use a shoe horn to get my foot into the shoe. And my pinky toe is pinched for the first 2 weeks of wear from the snugness. With an E width foot I would be scared to go with any of meermin's slimer/common lasts.)

Last edited: Apr 25, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  9. Osiris2012

Osiris2012 Well-Known Member

Interesting to see an MTO and Group buy section on the web now...nothing there but headings but hey its something new

10. Mills

Mills Member

I am wondering about bexley trees as well, they have a good price but I am not sure of the results

11. Bonney

Bonney Well-Known Member

To find a proper shoe tree requires some looking, I try to look for similar shapes, to me the size of the tree is less important. I also thin that if you dont find a tree with a similar shape, its better to get a very simple designed tree or even a traveller tree, in order to not deform the shoe, I had some bad experiences with this.

12. papercut

papercut Well-Known Member

^that seems like a brilliant advice, thanks Bonney!

13. JezeC

JezeC Well-Known Member

Do Woodlore Ultras ever go on sale though?

14. mrjester

mrjester Well-Known Member

Hey guys. Got a question that's probably been asked a billion times. Thinking of ordering some Meermin shoes in the next couple of months.

http://meermin.es/ficha_articulo.php?id=2792

These boots, on the Hiro last. I've asked before on here and never got an answer, just was told to email them. I did and never got a response. coming back since I'm sure this thread could be more helpful with the new experience.

I am a 10.5 Uetam and Simpson, 10 Inca (though it's a guess, I have a 10.5 and I still like the fit). What would I be on Hiro? 10.5? What's the turn around time to get these to the states?

Thank you guys!!

15. mrjester

Also, I messaged you questions about these and never got a response. That sucks. :-/ These are dang near exactly what I wanted and I need to settle for something else now (which I just did, for P&C).

16. golfinz

golfinz Well-Known Member

I say 10.5 in the hiro. I'm a uk6 in the carmina Simpson and 5.5 in the rain and have a uk6 in the hiro double monk and it fits nice. It's not tight but not too loose.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  17. mrjester

Perfect, thank you! All I needed to hear. Nice to hear from someone with Simpson and Rain.

18. JezeC

JezeC Well-Known Member

mrjester

I have simpson/rain/hiro and olfe

rain/hiro/olfe in the same size - 8UK

simpson is 1/2 size up - 8.5UK

1 person likes this.
  19. leetpuma

leetpuma Well-Known Member

I would reply to him again ASAP their is no formal deadline for these things.
    They are between Pepe and the MTO maker. If you ask nicely and if pepe is okay with it you can most likey still get in.

But do it soon.

20. hnik33

hnik33 Member

Does anybody know if meermin will be offering their suede loafers without the split toe? Pepe has been unresponsive via email.