1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Meermin Mallorca Shoes

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by asturiano, Dec 5, 2011.

1. golfinz

golfinz Well-Known Member

^ +1. I sized down 1 whole size and it was a good fit. I bought their classic line as my first Meermin shoe to try to get my size down - that way if it wasn't a good fit, I wasn't out a whole lot of money. Might try their LM line next

2. TheBlackDonDraper

TheBlackDonDraper Well-Known Member

Hey, A google search for "pebble grain double monk" brought me to this thread. I'm wondering if Mermin is still making these from a few years back. A true beauty. There no longer on the website. If not here who should I reach out to for an answer? Thanks!

1 person likes this.
  3. JezeC

JezeC Well-Known Member

Hiro in 8UK is more roomy than 5-last in 9UD.

4. mimo

mimo Well-Known Member

Are there any non-suede group MTOs for Meermin at the moment?

5. JezeC

JezeC Well-Known Member

Yes

There is a museum calf austerity going at the moment. I believe it's dark brown museum calf in either the olfe or park last.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2014
  6. mimo

mimo Well-Known Member

Thanks! Is there a separate thread, or someone in charge of this?

7. JezeC

JezeC Well-Known Member

I believe sarteaga is running it, but there' no separate thread for it. He will give us an update when Pepe replies.

8. mimo

mimo Well-Known Member

Thanks a lot - I saw a thread a about a blue museum austerity brogue but guessed that was stillborn! Gold or brown I'm down for...

9. crstov

crstov Member

Thanks for the advice guys. I might go 8.5uk to be safe. I'm located in Australia so exchanges would probably cost me the value of the shoe in postage.

Edit: and I will definitely pay more attention to Olfe!

Last edited: Apr 17, 2014
  10. Yowzer

Yowzer Well-Known Member

All the best! Do report in how it goes, particularly delivery times to Oz. After reading all about it, now I'm not too sure about which last to go for (Hiro or Olfe) but the Olfe is looking to be the safer bet for those with small toes which get crushed more often than not!

11. leetpuma

leetpuma Well-Known Member

If you go safe. I would get a boot. That way the heel slip will be minimal/not noticable

12. oolongtea

oolongtea Member

Hey everyone,

I have a sizing question - I want so order some loafers on the Ron last (which I understand is similar to the Hiro last).

My current collection is as follows:
    - Carmina Simpson - 7uk (perfect)
    - Carmina Alcudia - 7uk (slightly snug around heel)
    - C&J 348 - 7uk (slightly too large)
    - C&J 348 - 6.5uk (slightly too small)

Which size should I order 6.5uk or 7uk?

Cheers,
    Oolong

13. Stiva

Stiva Well-Known Member

Ron is wider than Simpson, and if they are suede loafers they will stretch quite quickly.

1 person likes this.
  14. brillopad

brillopad Well-Known Member

Those are all pretty narrow lasts, right? Ron is reasonably normal/wide (moreso than Hiro I think), so my hunch is 6.5. I have a slightly wide foot and went down one full size from my US size.

15. mattg1027

mattg1027 Active Member

Can anyone who has previously ordered one of the museum calf Group MTO's (such as the dark brown museum cap toe) confirm whether the price was the same as the LM plum museum calf offered on the site now (310 EUR w/ VAT)? I'm thinking I want that dark brown one I missed out on over the plum, which i imagine is not as versatile, but curious if cost plays into the decision at all (assuming I can get another group of 6 to waive the MTO fee on the brown). Some of the pics of the plum make it appear more burgundy undertones, which I think would be great, but I'm a little worried they'll show up and look purple.

Also, what's the deal with that Skoaktiebolaget site? Is it just me or are those Carmina prices way lower than other sites?? $412??

16. Monkeyface

Monkeyface Well-Known Member

As far as I know museum calf MTOs need 25 to waive the fee.

17. Osiris2012

Osiris2012 Well-Known Member

Once you factor in shipping costs its still cheaper but about on par with most other places.

18. mattg1027

mattg1027 Active Member

Quote: goo... that's right, I do remember hearing that now. I feel like there should be different rules for re-ordering the same exact shoe as a previous Group MTO [​IMG]. But I guess Pepe has to go source the leather again and needs the buying power, huh? To that I say they need some permanent LM shoes with Brown Museum Calf!

Quote: Looks like it's ~$45 to ship to US... can't imagine many places do much better than that? Leatherfoot looks like it's ~$30, but the shoes are mostly $510 - $550. Are there other places I should be checking out for Carmina?

aaand I just placed an order for two Meermin's. Country calf double-monk and snuff string loafer... sweet! [​IMG]

19. Yowzer

Yowzer Well-Known Member

Looks like Meermin too have revised their shipping policies. It used to be 2 pairs of shoes for the same price and now to Oz it's a bit more with a 2nd pair.. Have been looking at the plum museum which look really good, and appears darker than I thought. WiIl be pulling the trigger once the next pay day comes in.. Don't know what I'm going to do with another shoe in the collection! Just fingers crossed that it will fit very well... It's all by luck, shopping online. [​IMG] Hopefully no regrets....

20. golfinz

golfinz Well-Known Member

Check out gentlemens footwear for your carmina needs! Steve is awesome