1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Meermin Mallorca Shoes

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by asturiano, Dec 5, 2011.

1. The_International

The_International Well-Known Member

Looks like Meermin has delivered on their promise on the lace tie loafers. This is a screenshot of a photo they posted on Instagram this morning. Can't wait to see the snuff suede model!

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  2. Osiris2012

Osiris2012 Well-Known Member

Yeah looking good, digging the string over the tassles and gives it a bit of something over the plan, likewise lets hope they make it up on the website in a reasonable timeframe.

3. leetpuma

leetpuma Well-Known Member

HAIL TO THE KING!!!!
    [​IMG]

:)

Last edited: Apr 8, 2014
  4. sarteaga

sarteaga Well-Known Member

Quote:Looking forward to it! Will we get pics today? A couple of us are holding out to see the Park Last before we proceed with a couple MTO's.
    Quote:I think I will be ordering this loafer within the next few days...smh...just waiting to see the snuff suede version before I pull the trigger on navy. According to their IG they replied to me that the snuff suede will be up later today.

5. sarteaga

6. Monkeyface

Monkeyface Well-Known Member

Snuff is much more versatile, but the navy looks pretty cool. Depends on how often you want to wear them I guess.

7. Osiris2012

Osiris2012 Well-Known Member

8. gettoasty

gettoasty Well-Known Member

I am curious why people are now saying the Olfe has a wider toe space than Hiro when it's been discussed that the Olfe last is overall slimmer in comparison.

Shouldn't the shoe taper from the vamp down to the toe making Olfe slimmer in profile than Hiro, considering the toe box

9. SwissGent

SwissGent Member

Has anybody recently had problems with delivery from Meermin?

I ordered two pairs of LM shoes (plum museum calf and black freudenberg calf) over 6 weeks ago and still have not received an invoice. So far, there have been no reactions to my emails. It is my first order from them and I am just wondering whether other people had the same problem and whether it is worth waiting...

10. Stiva

Stiva Well-Known Member

Did someone say the string loafer would also come in maracca suede?

11. kankles

kankles Active Member

Just piled an order in for a pair of plum museums.

Hope I don't have to wait 6 weeks!

12. sarteaga

I think I may go with snuff. I've always wanted navy suede shoes but for the same reason that I passed on the navy suede double monks at the Madrid store I'm going to pass on the navy suede loafers.

@Osiris2012 Snuff it is!

13. DC2see

DC2see Member

I have hiro in 11.5us & olfe in 11. They're close to the same length. The hiro is wider at the toe joints but taper in more quickly to the rounded point. The olfe begins to taper at the same point but has more length so the taper is more gradual, leaving more toe box space.

14. Lexyyy

Lexyyy Member

Snuff is my choice! Just need to figure out the right size for me before i pull the trigger. Anyone able to advise further?

Last edited: Apr 8, 2014
  15. sarteaga

I just pulled the trigger on the snuff suede loafer. I'm a 10UK in the Hiro, Olfe and Ron last.

16. Jarmo

Jarmo Active Member

Yeah, that's what Meermin responded to my email. What colour is maracca though?

17. phphl

phphl Active Member

18. phphl

phphl Active Member

I've got two pairs of loafers in Ron last and one pair of country calf double monk in Hiro last. They are all in UK 7.5. While Meermin suggested, as they did to other SF members, that the size for Ron and Hiro is the same, I reckon that my double monk is slightly longer than my loafers (around 4-5 mm in terms of the outer-sole length) and I do find considerably more room in the toe box of my double monk. I am not sure if that was just because of manufacturing error though... Would be most grateful if you guys can enlighten me on this...

Reckon I may go half a size larger if I'm to place an order for the string loafer...

19. Scotty

Scotty Well-Known Member

My order took two months, and I live Spain. After one month I sent an e-mail and they told me I'd receive an invoice soon. Took another month!
    I though a pair of shoes of the classic line would be already made and ready to send but that didn't seem the case with these at least.
    Shoes are nice and fit well, though. So I won't complain...

----

[Has anybody recently had problems with delivery from Meermin?

I ordered two pairs of LM shoes (plum museum calf and black freudenberg calf) over 6 weeks ago and still have not received an invoice. So far, there have been no reactions to my emails. It is my first order from them and I am just wondering whether other people had the same problem and whether it is worth waiting...]

Last edited: Apr 9, 2014
  20. eljlakers

eljlakers Well-Known Member

To answer this and someone else's question earlier, my experience with Hiro and Ron have been opposite to most and what Meermin recommends. Hiro fits me well - especially my two pairs in suede - right out of the box in 7.5 UK. But I was swimming in my 7.5 UK pair of loafers in the Ron last, to the point that I had to go to a cobbler and try to get them to fit an insert that would take up some of the length. It was at least half a size too long for me, and in retrospect I should have sent them back. Ended up flogging them on eBay minus the Meermin insole. But my experience seems to be unusual in that regard.