1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Meermin Mallorca Shoes

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by asturiano, Dec 5, 2011.

1. Ironist

Ironist Well-Known Member

Eh, well I did want them when I ordered them. But I don't want them anymore. I decided that I wanted something better if it was going to be my only plum museum calf shoe. Plus the MTOs seemed more interesting. People can change their minds, no? Don't think I would order something if I didn't want it in the first place. Makes no sense to me.

2. leetpuma

leetpuma Well-Known Member

Thats fine. The only thing that I would add is those plum museum calfs are basacially a MTO that was so popular they made it into an standard line shoe. So dont get caught up in the MTO frenzy if you actually like a standard shoe.

3. wurger

wurger Well-Known Member

Your only plum museum, that's gotta to be a lie! They are so nice.

4. SRichard

SRichard Active Member

Unfortunately after providing Meermin my exact measurements on the last they emailed through, this was the response I have been given. Not too sure what to do now. Especially because the only Goodyear Welted shoes I have are 1000 mile boots, & my dress shoes sizes tend to vary quite a bit depending on the make

Please let us know which size do you normally wear in Goodyear welted or dress shoes? Thank you very much in advance,
    Meermin

5. wurger

wurger Well-Known Member

SRichard, so provide us with what you have provided Meermin, and I am sure some other members will help.

6. Ironist

I know, right! But I spent many a night tossing and turning trying to come up with the perfect plan. Can't overlap any shoe in both style or color until I buy one of each. Plus, I keep hearing that the Ilcea Radica is 1000x times better than Haas and I prefer the real mccoy. It was either that or buy every shoe in the same color. But whose crazy enough to do something like that :D.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2014
  7. SidewinderX

SidewinderX Well-Known Member

8. leetpuma

Well on the point of Ilcea vs Haas. Some one in the last 2-3 weeks reviewed both and found them to be comparable (No clear winner but Ilcea was more sharp marbling and Haas was more misty).

It is likely that whom ever told you that one was SIGNIFIGANTLY better than than the other was just an shoe snob (In an bad way).

9. wurger

wurger Well-Known Member

Can you please provide a link for the comparison?

From the photos, other than the gold museum, can't see much difference.

10. gettoasty

gettoasty Well-Known Member

I just want to point out that Meermin is charging me MTO price for ordering a pair of punch cap toe oxfords that they only stock in cognac and tan (on the Hiro last). Feel kind of ripped off... Not sure why they wouldn't offer the same pair in black calf. They have a pair under their Maestro line, but on the Olfe last. I had to size up half in the Hiro last, and based on commentary here, it sounds like the Olfe has an even sleeker vamp. Don't really want to chance it by sizing up and getting too long of shoe impression.

11. venividivicibj

venividivicibj Well-Known Member

They used to not charge for changing leather colors, but recently they have switched.

12. gettoasty

gettoasty Well-Known Member

13. SRichard

SRichard Active Member

They sent me a Hiro last template on which I measure 28cm long by 10cm wide

I sent them through measurements of a pair of Sebago's (9.5US, 9UK) I have & a pair of Wolverine's on a Goodyear Welt (10US,9UK)

Any help would be appreciated...

14. Marbles

Marbles Well-Known Member

I find the Olfe slightly more comfortable in the same size as Hiro, as far as the toes go. Whether that's the vagaries of each shape and my foot or genuinely more room I couldn't say.

15. All Tatters

All Tatters Well-Known Member

Thank you marbles!

This is great news as Hiro in 9.5 fits me perfectly but it still a tad narrow on the toes of my right foot. The Olfe last could be perfect in width and I like the shape more than the Hiro, which is a nice bonus.

That said, I'm actually looking for a pair of default long-lasting black shoes. I would be all for a black shell classic toe cap black oxfords on the Olfe last GMTO... If interested, please shoot me a PM.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2014
  16. leetpuma

Just curious are the images below basically the same as the MTO you are conducting except in copper suede?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. leetpuma

Oh and does anyone know of any MTO's going on right now that are based around Shell Cordovan leather?

LM and Shell Cordovan are soo close in price it seem like an really good deal to upgrade to it.

Like for the USA its only $69 more for shell shoes. (320/1.21 - 260/1.21 = 49.58 eur = $69)

18. vriche

vriche Well-Known Member

I feel the same way about the small upcharge for shell. I tried to organize a Ruby shell GMTO but was told by Pepe that they're no longer stocking Ruby for the foreseeable future.

19. Ironist

Those are adelaides which I think are different from the old english 2 that Jokanevad wanted. Still looks nice though.

20. leetpuma

Quote:
    Could you point out the main difference between these?

The only thing I see is the triangle points on the edges of some of the leather -- Not sure what this is called. Otherwise they look the same to me :p

here are images for ref:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]