1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Meermin Mallorca Shoes

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by asturiano, Dec 5, 2011.

1. theNarcissist

theNarcissist Active Member

Got my pair of 12153Y from the Classic collection, Olfe last. Probably first real wear tomorrow, will update here after some time on how they feel.

[​IMG]

2. Osiris2012

Osiris2012 Well-Known Member

Those suedes look good man.

does anyone have a Hiro and Olfe in the same size. I am curious as to what the intended difference in peak width is meant to be.

3. ianGP

ianGP Well-Known Member

Jumping on the bandwagon for this - who's keeping a list?

4. Osiris2012

Osiris2012 Well-Known Member

Think p.henrick is looking after it all but as a running total so far it would be

1. P.Henrick
    2. Osiris
    3. IanGP

3 more to avoid the MTO charge.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2013
  5. zinc2162

zinc2162 Well-Known Member

Hi, I just want to confirm. The price of these boots are USD$400?

Also, can someone from Canada who has purchased from Meermin to share the cost of shipping, duties, taxes please?

6. OzzyJones

OzzyJones Well-Known Member

Price ex VAT would be just under $450 and shipping to Canada is €30 iirc. They ship FedEx so duty, tax and fees is probably about another grand :D

7. laufer

laufer Well-Known Member

This let's KISS, keep it short and simple. Let's take their stock version and keep leather or double leather soles as meermin seems to have a problem working with dainite. I am interested in dark brown color.

8. gettoasty

gettoasty Well-Known Member

Brown cap toes ready to be shipped (after canceling 2 previous order, going to go for it :eek:)

phew, no need to wait 30 days..

9. konda

konda Well-Known Member

^ You make me lol getto. No logic in your behaviour.

And WTF no go for MTO chukkas anyone?!

10. zinc2162

zinc2162 Well-Known Member

Thanks.And damn FedEx...

11. patliean1

patliean1 Well-Known Member

How the hell did we lose out on burgundy shell? I was in for that :(

12. Lexyyy

Lexyyy Member

[​IMG]Are your insoles like these as well?

13. d0h15

d0h15 Well-Known Member

Yes.. My classic line Monks have the same insoles

14. thatitalian

thatitalian Well-Known Member

I wish I had this infor 30 dyas ago as I have placed an order for exactly the same shoes plus brown oxfords and MTO single monks in exactly the same size. I am also a 9.5 UK F or G, at least all my Herrings are that size.

I also contacted the sales person who gave the same advice.

I hope they fit me well otherwise I am going to be annoyed after dropping £1k on shoes.

15. j ingevaldsson

j ingevaldsson Well-Known Member

I understand that you would be annoued if they don't fit, but you should never buy three pairs at once from a maker you've never tried on irl. Even if you send measurements and get advice from the seller, it's just a too big gamble since fit is so hard to pin point without actually trying shoes on.

1 person likes this.
  16. losrockets

losrockets Well-Known Member

Anybody know how much these boots would be shipped to the US, including taxes, custom fees, and anything else? Waiting on delivery on #8 Cordovan Perf-Toe Alden blucher boots in the Barrie last (from J. Crew) but damn these look even better (and sleeker). I think the Aldens are ~$420 with all discounts applied. Never worn Meermin before so I have no idea of my sizing on the Hiro but I'm really tempted by this MTO. If y'all were in my place which would you go for (I don't own any Alden or shell cordovan at the moment)? Obviously the 3 of you already in on the MTO would like a few more :) but I'd love some honest opinions.

17. thatitalian

thatitalian Well-Known Member

I don't fully agree with this statement.

Whilst I understand and agree with your point about ordering over the internet without physically trying items on I do not agree with your comments about sending measurements .

I undertsand if the shoes are a little snug or loose here and there but ultimately the shoes should still fit. If someone isn't willing to appreciate that they may not be a perfect fit well, quite frankly, they are naive but I would expect Meermin the know the dimensions of their lasts and advise accordingly.

In fact another shoe manufacturer (I won't name drop) advised me to get a 9.5 with a slightly wider fitting instead of a size 10 that I have taken all my life based on his knowledge of the last I was interested in and the dimensions of my foot I gave him. It is by far the best fitting shoe I own and all this over the internet without trying them on.

It may be difficult but it isn't impossible. Feel free to let me know if I am being too demanding or indeed naive, no offence will be taken!

Last edited: Oct 11, 2013
  18. gettoasty

I gave Meermin lasts that they can easily read up on to help with sizing e.g. Loake Kempton chukka, Allen Edmonds Leeds model. I actually linked the last info directly as a URL in my email correspondence. I don't think it can be that far off then when I receive my shoes Monday for fitting :devil:

19. New Shoes1

New Shoes1 Well-Known Member

For what it's worth, I ignored the sizing recommendations from Meermin and am glad I did. Meermin suggested I go 1/2 size smaller than I ordered and it is now clear to me that 1/2 size smaller would have been too small. In making my decision, I asked for the sole and last measurements for the two sizes.

20. gettoasty

^Yes, ask for sole measurements also helps tons. This should be universal practice when shopping for shoes online IMO. Sole length and width though not accurate is a pretty good indicator as to whether your shoe will fit [aesthetically]. Because who wants clown feet, AMIRITE?? :satisfied: