1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Meermin Mallorca Shoes

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by asturiano, Dec 5, 2011.

1. New Shoes1

New Shoes1 Well-Known Member

One to two weeks after delivery of your shoes, you can expect to receive an invoice for customs fees in the amount of $40-50.

2. Betelgeuse

Betelgeuse Well-Known Member

Really? [​IMG] I mean it's still cheaper than bringing them directly to Mexico but I didn't know that. What happens if I send them to a hotel in which I will only be there to recieve them?

3. calidist

calidist Well-Known Member

Nice looking pair.

4. Meermin

Meermin Well-Known Member

Good afternoon Sirs!

We hope you all are doing well & you are enjoying your Meermin's!

As many of you already know we also have a Made To Order program.

Our MTO Service Service allows our customers to create their own, personal, pair of shoes, allows the customer to choose the Style, Last, Leather/Color for the upper, the lining, the sole option and the Construction.

It do increase the price and tooks longer to make them since they are expressly produced for you, but it allows you create something unique that you are looking or just a way to stand out.

Here are some recent examples for you to check them. We hope you like them!

Thank you very much for your attention and if you need any further assistance just drop us a message at info@meermin.es

Best regards,

- Meermin -

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

- Meermin Mallorca Shoes -

If you need any further information or assistance please contact us at: info@meermin.es
    MTO inquiries please contact Pepe at: pepe@meermin.es

Last edited: Jul 24, 2013
    2 people like this.
  5. venividivicibj

venividivicibj Well-Known Member

^ those boots looks pretty nice

So what's th consensus on the quality of meermin? (Assuming there arent any QC issues as mentioned in this thread a few times) On par with AE? Alden?

6. vp80

vp80 Member

Finally got the shoes repaired and emailed Luisa. In turn Sandro emailed me promptly notifying me of the refund to my Paypal account for the charges incurred. Really happy with the customer service

7. Meermin

Good morning Sirs,

Currently we are also, improving the pictures of our RTW styles available online to show more accurately the last shapes, leathers, color shades & details.

Here are some of the new pictures which are already on our site. We hope you like them!

Thanks & best regards,

- Meermin -

Our Tassel Loafer - RON last

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The Double monk - HIRO Last

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The Classic Cap toe Oxford - HIRO last

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

A very unique style - The Linea Maestro side laced Cross Stitching oxford in Burgundy Naturcalf

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

If you need any further information or assistance please contact us at: info@meermin.es

2 people like this.
  8. Joshua Lee

Joshua Lee Well-Known Member

Can we expect a wider variety of shell cordovan colors sometime down the line? I'm thinking something more tradition like a whiskey or natural shell, and dark brown?

Last edited: Jul 25, 2013
  9. razl

razl Well-Known Member

Your previous pics were good, but these are better - bravo!

1 person likes this.
  10. Meermin

Hi Mr. Lee,

For the moment, we will keep working with the Black, Burgundy & light brown Shell as regular colors. More colors as, Bright navy, Leaf green or Ruby are available on MTO. If you are interested, contact us previously to confirm the delivery time, since we specially order those colors by request.

Anyway, you can expect our variety to widen over the time, but not immediately.

Sorry for the inconveniences & thanks for your interest, Sir!

Best regards,

- Meermin -

Last edited: Jul 26, 2013
  11. Meermin

12. rc121

rc121 Well-Known Member

Meermin,

Do you have any plans to make different widths (wider) available in RTW rather than only through MTO?

13. othertravel

othertravel Well-Known Member

Meermin (I'm assuming that's not your name?),

Which retail stores carry your shoes in Spain and Portugal?

14. manchambo

manchambo Well-Known Member

Just received my first order. Fit seems great and I am very pleased with the quality.

[​IMG]

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4 Beta

1 person likes this.
  15. Win545

Win545 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

First wear, the leather is so thick and hard (in a good way maybe) needs a lot more wear to break them in

16. Mr. Mystery

Mr. Mystery Well-Known Member

I'm curious what can be done about custom fees after reading the last few posts. What is this code and talking to Sandro?

I ordered the tassel loafers in brown leather. I decided to cancel my order and get the double monks a day or two later, but was too late and it was already sent. Received them in about a week today.

I have a 112$ custom fee for delivery to Canada. If I contact them can they change this.

Not sure how that is possible at this point. I was going to pick them up tomorrow and have 5 days in total left to pay and grab the order.

I also ordered about 6 jars of saphir polish aswell.

I talked to Fedex today and they said it would cost around 256$ to send them back because I don't have a business agreement with them for shipping. :brick:

Right now I'm really hoping tassel loafers grow on me. I got cold feet and figured to get something I know would get a lot more use.

I'd like to hopefully ship USPS or with something less severe with fees in the future if possible.

thanks.

17. Betelgeuse

Betelgeuse Well-Known Member

^^^ That's why I haven't ordered yet, I have to pay even more taxes/import duties. :(

18. venividivicibj

venividivicibj Well-Known Member

it shouldnt be that high though, it should only be around 8%, not sure why so high. earlier in the thread, the poster said the wrong the code was being applied.

19. JPHardy

JPHardy Well-Known Member

US is about 8% plus fee. Canada much higher.

20. Bureaucrat

Bureaucrat Well-Known Member

I take it that you can't ship them back with another courier or postal service without having to pay the fees?

The custom fee sounds about right. If I order something from the US, I get slammed with about 24% of the purchase price. That's why, I don't. Ever. A bargain becomes an expensive one very fast.

Hopefully the EU and the US comes to an agreement about free trade. Would end all this nonsense with fees.

Tassel loafers are cool, hopefully you get a lot of wear from them (if you decide to keep them that is).