1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Meermin Mallorca Shoes

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by asturiano, Dec 5, 2011.

1. OzzyJones

OzzyJones Well-Known Member

You could but I think you'd get a faster reply from Sandro or Luisa. They're addresses are just either name @Meermin.es.
    Let's know how you get on?

2. calidist

calidist Well-Known Member

3. JDMStanced

JDMStanced Active Member

how come you still haven't received it!?
    i was planning to take the new meermin pair to trip. But i guess this is not going to happen..

4. alexSF

alexSF Well-Known Member

How is the stock in Madrid store?
    They maintain full stock of all size/models right?

I have a friend that fly regularly to Madrid so I could avoid the wait and delay.

5. OzzyJones

6. OzzyJones

Gents, trying to get this straight in my head. I'm a UK9 in Rey which is fine in length but a bit snug in width. Should I stick with the 9 for Rui or size down a half as per Luisa's suggestion?

7. Torsion

Torsion Well-Known Member

:bounce2: wahooo! Slightly excited - my Meermin order has been delivered to my apartment! Will post photos when I get a chance.

Def in the sh#t with the misses though - somehow got to hide x3 new pairs....:facepalm:

8. OzzyJones

Can I ask how well the C&J 325 last fits you? It's my best frame of reference as I have a size 9 in that which is just a tiny bit big. Ta

9. joiji

joiji Well-Known Member

I would size down half a size from your New Rey size, unless you are already finding New Rey almost too short.

10. OzzyJones

Thanks, length is OK its tight across the vamp and in the toe box tho

11. OzzyJones

Pulled the trigger on the country boot in 8.5. Hopefully be ready around the same time as the group MTO! :slayer:

Last edited: Mar 28, 2013
  12. SidewinderX

SidewinderX Well-Known Member

I'm not sure, but I'm interested in this as well.

13. gyasih

gyasih Well-Known Member

Anyone have the Classic Captoe and would you mine showing some pictures after wear?

Thanks

14. blue2007

blue2007 Well-Known Member

15. phorm

phorm Well-Known Member

Nice!

16. g-banger

g-banger Well-Known Member

Hey All

Im going to order a pair of the Brown Tassle Loafers - i wear a 8UK in Loakes and 8.5E/9D in Allen Edmonds. i assume i should go with the 8UK in these also?

This will be my first pair of Meerims, i hear they are great!

Cheers

17. Aieyric

Aieyric Well-Known Member

18. totolino85

totolino85 Well-Known Member

I think stock in Madrid is quite good, I think they also have some shoes not present in their webpage.

I had to ship them back my last order for bad size , I got the size more in few days delivered from Madrid and not from Mallorca; same did a friend of mine and got also his new shoes from Madrid.

If you can that's a good way to go!

1 person likes this.
  19. kcox68

kcox68 Well-Known Member

Looks like my black whole-cuts and burgundy side-laced oxfords are shipping very soon which is a relief since I needed the whole-cuts for a formal event next weekend. However, I had originally ordered the Classic whole-cuts but they weren't going to be ready in time even though I ordered around 45 days ago. Instead, I asked if the LM whole-cuts were available and offered to pay the increased price. They are also sending a free belt which I thought was very generous of them, especially since I was going to get one with my next order, anyway.

I'm excited to see if I can tell the difference in quality between the Classic and LM lines. The Classics I have are very good quality and have been holding up with 2-3 days use per week with no problem. I would absolutely put the quality of Meermin's Classic line above AE as did my tailor and my cobbler. If the LM are even better and still less than AE firsts at retail, I think that's a steal.

20. mrjester

mrjester Well-Known Member

Hey everyone. I haven't searched through the entire thread for sizing tips.. but can anyone help me out?

http://meermin.es/ficha_articulo.php?id=2712

These guys are gorgeous and, from what I can tell, not something Carmina offers.

I wear a 10.5UK in the Inca last for Carmina. Do you think I'd order the same, 10.5uk from Meermin?

If these are ready in shop, what's the wait time like and how many people have had issues with getting them shipped to the USA?

Thanks!