1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Meermin Mallorca Shoes

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by asturiano, Dec 5, 2011.

1. SoGent

SoGent Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

2. lychyrychy

lychyrychy Well-Known Member

MTO = no rules attached :foo:

3. Frankie22

Frankie22 Well-Known Member

Aside from the 12 week wait : - /

4. swishswoosh1980

swishswoosh1980 New Member

I wrote to Sandro and he replied to say that he checked with the factory and they claim that because its a handmade shoe, its an aesthetic issue that happens.

I have a couple of their LM models but this is my first classic model and its leaving quite a bitter experience.

5. azumi

azumi Well-Known Member

The website of Meermin shows nothing of their items today in all category: Classico and Linea Maestro.

6. alexSF

alexSF Well-Known Member

Just pre-ordered these beauties, thanks for heads up.
    But...45 days to wait.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2012
  7. REguy

REguy Well-Known Member

I just got an updated FedEx tracking email saying "Hold at FedEx Location," "
    Improper or missing international paperwork, contact Customer Service."

Is this normal, or should I email one of the Meermin crew?

8. bboysdontcryy

bboysdontcryy Well-Known Member

Classic or LM?

9. terrorsquad

terrorsquad Well-Known Member

This happened to me once. They sent the documents in Spanish so customs couldnt understand a thing.Had to contact Pepe and he sent me the English version which I forwarded to customs.

10. engar

engar Well-Known Member

This scotch grain double monks looks good, but I´m so disappointed with my calf double monks leather ... they make a lot of noise when I walk.

11. alexSF

alexSF Well-Known Member

Last edited: Nov 17, 2012
  12. phosej

phosej Well-Known Member

I'm looking at the classic collection and the longwing blucher in calf caught my eye. The thing is, the Rui last looks pretty round. I have a pair of Allen Edmonds strand in last 5, size 9C that fits me well. Which meermins should I be considering or is it really not that big of a deal fit wise as long as I size down (8 uk) correctly?

13. bespoken4me

bespoken4me Well-Known Member

I received my Meermin black wholecuts from the classic line, Ama last, as a test shoe. The calf is tight grained and smooth, close channeled, and good stitchwork. I am now ordering a pair of the LM cap toes in tan. and a MTO iderby with scotch or pebble grain.
    I couldn't be happier with Luisa's or Pepe's communicatin. AE is not even close to comparable in value/construction. I am not, as many are, into the new rage of double monks or boots, and suede is suede. It comes down to construction, craftmanship, communication. Meermin passes with an A grade for my taste. The last options, with uppers (slightly limited) built to your specs with Bontoni like finishing on heel counter, toes , is an incomparable MTO value at $500. I own Lobb 7000 and Green 888, C$J 348 and 337, and Alden Aberdeen all in 12 UK or 13US D width. The Ama is fine as a one size drop from US and hope the New Rey to also be, as the 348 fits fine as a comparable elongated toe in 12 UK

14. Cedric

Cedric Well-Known Member

Can you post pics?
    I wear a 12E in Allen Edmonds, and looking at the same model, which should i order?

http://meermin.es/fotos/articulos/44_med.jpg

Should i order 11.5 UK which would roughly translate to 12.5 US

[​IMG]

Please Meermin put these on your shelf :slayer:

Last edited: Nov 18, 2012
  15. bespoken4me

I own the Strand Shell Cordovan in 13 D. The Ama in 12UK fits fine and the wider, less elongated you go- the Hiro and Rui should be fine. It is all about the forefoot and arch

16. bboysdontcryy

bboysdontcryy Well-Known Member

You MUST size up on the Ron. Terrible mistake. I bought the loafers and it was so darn small.

17. bespoken4me

Ah, this is always the calculation quandary. I can easily wear AE in 12 e or trip e depending on last. Remember, width differentials are usually only measured as 1/8" between width sizes and is a foreighn concept regarding European shoes. I can and do wear AE in 12 e, ee, eee, vs. Alden 13 D or AE 13d. The width increase affecs the footbed length. I own 6 pair of AE center cut belly Alligator in 12 Trip E, and 2 pair of AE 12 Trip E in black shell. ( no one should ever buy black shell as it is boring and never showcases the beauty of cordovan). I can send pics to you, but am on Ipad and out of town. I will be listing about 20 pair of 12 E, 13D AE's that I no longer want, and includes the most beautiful Alligator AE's which were commisioned at $2,800/ per

18. inimitable

inimitable Well-Known Member

This is a fault with the shoe. I had exactly the same problem. Return them.

19. bespoken4me

"foreign" excuse any typos due to Sunday Browns/Clowns loss and beer

20. The Gold Bug

The Gold Bug Well-Known Member

I ordered these a couple of weeks back :

[​IMG]

Didn't see anybody talk about them so I thought I'd share. I should be receiving them this week!