1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Meermin Mallorca Shoes

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by asturiano, Dec 5, 2011.

1. Estryl

Estryl Member

Thanks for the info! [​IMG][​IMG]
    BTW: what's the wating time for these at the moment? did you get any timeframe?

2. d0h15

d0h15 Well-Known Member

Hard to say what the waiting time for light browns is as I also ordered another pair (not light brown) for a friend.. According to Sandro the order will be shipped in around 30 days.

3. kwhunter

kwhunter Well-Known Member

I think they don't want to sell to Americans any more, too picky...

4. Calikid

Calikid Well-Known Member

so far so good on my cuero shells... I really like them... I can try to post some pics today or tomorrow...

5. bellyhungry

bellyhungry Well-Known Member

Nice pics NS1.

6. stevent

stevent Well-Known Member

Got almost an instant reply on the info@meermin, though they are not replaced splitting soles anymore, only offered to pay for repairs

7. Frankie22

Frankie22 Well-Known Member

Then they will lose a ton of business. Id bet Americans are making up the bulk of their orders.

8. stevent

Honestly I doubt this, SF is probably one of the few places they have much traction. Most people would never consider buying shoes from Spain and paying over PayPal

Spain is still pretty b&m setup, so I'd say they get a ton of sales in store, plus their Japanese store as well

9. Frankie22

Frankie22 Well-Known Member

Everytime I've talked to those folks they are slammed with SF orders.
    Maybe a better way to put it would be they would lose a big piece of business.

10. Scotty

Scotty Well-Known Member

I want to try this brand so I ordered this simple blucher from the Classic collection but they're out of stock till, probably, next month:

[​IMG]

Any comments on the classic collection ? I read all this thread and everybody seems to be buying Linea Maestro.

11. alex6669

alex6669 Member

Most of the doublemonks you see in the thread is from the classic collection and some others as my snuff suede wholecut.
    They classic collection is great for the low price.

12. Scotty

Scotty Well-Known Member

Thanks, Then I hope I can get these next month :fonz:

13. minervau

minervau Well-Known Member

I've gotten my first pair from the Classic Collection (black captoe oxfords) and I'm pretty impressed overall. I'm by no means a shoe expert but I cannot discern a clear difference between these and Allen Edmonds, of which I have several pairs. Of course, the true test will come years down the line when I can really tell how long these have lasted and how they hold up to resoling.

I would recommend these shoes to anyone given the price range they occupy. They are great pieces for everyday wear, especially for someone who wants to wear well-made, attractive shoes but doesn't really want to treat them like precious, delicate goods (as I would have to if I were paying $1,000 for a pair of Edward Greens).

14. chogall

chogall Well-Known Member

Not the best in finish but on par with other shoes in its price range today. Only had experience in Linea Maestro line.

15. bboysdontcryy

bboysdontcryy Well-Known Member

I don't think Meermin's leather soles are as sturdy as Allen Edmonds. I wear them out once and they look like I've walked in them for a week. Their 'dainite' soles are okay and better than their leather soles.

16. chogall

chogall Well-Known Member

I am no leather expert, but how do you judge the leather sole sturdiness based on visual inspection?

17. bboysdontcryy

bboysdontcryy Well-Known Member

No, not on visual inspection of a new leather sole. Just based on the way its worn out after similar number of wears. I know the counter-argument is that one might walk differently yada yada, but tbh, I honestly see that the Meermin's soles wear out faster than AE.

*I just like to brush off my shoes after each wear, so I always notice the soles (particularly the heels and the tips).

I think there were similar opinions embedded somewhere in this thread.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2012
  18. dieworkwear

dieworkwear Well-Known Member

I can only imagine this being true if the wearer buys used Allen Edmonds, but brand new Meermins. Leather soles wear down very quickly in the first few wearings, possibly a couple dozen. After that, they wear as normal. This has been true for every pair of brand new shoes I've ever bought. Meermins may actually wear down more slowly because of the metal nails inserted into tip of the sole.

19. hendrix

hendrix Well-Known Member

+1. it's disconcerting at first, but it's just the way it is.

20. stevent

Yeah soles seem perfectly fine on mine in terms of wear patterns (they did split though :fu: )