1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

McRib: The Return of a Legend

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Manny Calavera, Oct 28, 2007.

1. sho'nuff

sho'nuff Well-Known Member

I have missed out on all you have mentioned because I always used to get the McChicken every time. But that is going to stop right now! Actually I don't think my local MickeyD's has the Angus Burger. ;(

you are in southern california?
    they should have it at your macdonald.

2. tiecollector

tiecollector Well-Known Member

you are in southern california?
    they should have it at your macdonald.

I'm in Sacramento.

3. sho'nuff

sho'nuff Well-Known Member

anybody remember the original McDonald's Apple pie and Cherry Pies?

the crust was a deep fried, bubbly, crackly crust with a lava apple filling.

back then , when it was in season , they also had pumpkin pie.

now the pies are baked crust with cinnamon on top, they are ok, but the old school ones were the bomb.

4. acidboy

acidboy Well-Known Member

now the pies are baked crust with cinnamon on top, they are ok, but the old school ones were the bomb.

Ours is still that way. But we only had the apple. What I did back then was spoon out the contents, mix it with vanilla soft-serve, then put it back in the pie crust.

5. ts4them

ts4them Well-Known Member

why is the cheese on the "cool" side? Don't people like the cheese melted?

yes, that was the problem with the McDLT imo.

6. tiecollector

anybody remember the original McDonald's Apple pie and Cherry Pies? the crust was a deep fried, bubbly, crackly crust with a lava apple filling. back then , when it was in season , they also had pumpkin pie. now the pies are baked crust with cinnamon on top, they are ok, but the old school ones were the bomb.
    mmm I haven't had one in forever. I also like their hot fudge sundaes. I thought in the 90s McD's was sued because their apple pies didn't contain enough apple or something.
    yes, that was the problem with the McDLT imo.
    Interesting McObservation. Dare I ask what the D stands for? The Filet O' Fish isn't bad either. I just realized they have a site too: http://www.filetofish.com/GCM/index.html

7. tiecollector

8. amerikajinda

amerikajinda Well-Known Member

in the 90s, yes, it was the Arch Deluxe I loved.
    Do you remember the McLean Deluxe? "The McLean Deluxe was a hamburger marketed as a healthy alternative to McDonald's regular menu. It was released in the United States in 1991. It had a reduced fat content compared to other McDonald's hamburgers. This was achieved through the addition of carrageenan to the meat." It tasted like shit. [​IMG]

9. amerikajinda

I'm really surprised at how many people here eat at Mc D's.

"Mommy! Mommy! Can we go to McDonald's again? Pleeeease?"

"But Junior, we were just there last night!"

"I said take my fat ass back to McDonald's, woman!!!!!"

"Oh, alright..."

[​IMG]

10. whodini

whodini Well-Known Member

Amen. If one good thing came out of the 80s, it would have to be the McDonald's apple pie. I rarely (once every three or so years) eat at McDonalds but the old pie would definitely have me going back. I'm tempted to see if the apple pies they sell here in CR are the originals... Report later today.

11. JBZ

JBZ Well-Known Member

Is this for real?

As someone who went to college in Maine, the McLobster is for real (though I don't believe it's a year round offering). I'm still not sure who eats them, but I assume it's folks visiting Maine from places nowhere near an ocean or decent fish restaurant. That said, I still don't know why anyone visiting Maine would go to McDonald's for a lobster roll. However, McDonald's must make money off them, because they continue to offer them.

12. GQgeek

GQgeek Well-Known Member

I think McNuggets were much better a few years ago... maybe even a decade or longer ago... not sure when they made the switch, but now they seem to be mostly dry white meat -- and I could swear they used to have some dark meat... Could also be the fat (tallow) that they used to use... which is why the fries were better a long time ago as well...

you mean grey meat? the day i bit in to a mcnugget and it was grey was the last time i ever ordered anything with chicken in it from mcdonalds. just the memory makes me want to vomit.

13. amerikajinda

you mean grey meat? the day i bit in to a mcnugget and it was grey was the last time i ever ordered anything with chicken in it from mcdonalds. just the memory makes me want to vomit.

Exactly! Grey meat... those mcnuggets of yesteryear were so much better than today's mcnuggets in the same way that the old fried apple pies of yesteryear were so much better than the baked pies of today...

14. poly800rock

poly800rock Well-Known Member

As someone who went to college in Maine, the McLobster is for real (though I don't believe it's a year round offering). I'm still not sure who eats them, but I assume it's folks visiting Maine from places nowhere near an ocean or decent fish restaurant. That said, I still don't know why anyone visiting Maine would go to McDonald's for a lobster roll. However, McDonald's must make money off them, because they continue to offer them.

i've seen those up in ct. They were like $7 for a lobster roll.

15. Ambulance Chaser

Ambulance Chaser Well-Known Member

Is any McDonald's in the DC area serving the McRib?

16. amerikajinda

Is any McDonald's in the DC area serving the McRib?

I've been on the hunt as well but so far the McRib has proven elusive 'round these parts... [​IMG]

17. Kevin

Kevin Well-Known Member

Ditto. I'm yet to obtain this savory sammich.

18. grimslade

grimslade Well-Known Member

Wow, commercials like that really make you feel like the 80s/90s were a more innocent time. I wonder what Jason Alexander would say if you asked him about that commercial today.

19. j

j Well-Known Member

Wow, commercials like that really make you feel like the 80s/90s were a more innocent time. I wonder what Jason Alexander would say if you asked him about that commercial today.
    I have an old tape of the show "Sidekicks" that I made when I was like 9 that has a Big Mac ad I'd love to find with a guy doing a GM Flash style rap about the Big Mac. I used to laugh my ass off when he licked his lips, he looked so ridiculous. I can't find it on Youtube though.

20. contactme_11

contactme_11 Well-Known Member

not what you're looking for but watch this