1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

MC General Chat

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by dieworkwear, Aug 4, 2012.

Tags:
  1. Fuuma

Fuuma Well-Known Member

Ok Bruce looks good. I wear light v-necks with shirts and leather jackets, not so much with scoat unless they're tweed or something. We had a real classical italian style (tm) dude who did it well in relatively formal outfit (Montesqieu?).

2. budapest12

budapest12 Well-Known Member

I studied Italian extensively in Italy, although it is not so great anymore. I never got the sense that "furbo" was necessarily a compliment. Maybe in certain contexts, but not universally. I wasn't in the deep south at any point (depends what you consider Naples to be) and can't claim to be an expert in the culture. Perhaps you know more than I do, but I've seen people jokingly get called furbo and not love it so much. Tend to agree with dieworkwear, though I don't think you intend anything negative. Italian cultures (the regional cultures being what count) run wide and deep.

1 person likes this.
  3. dieworkwear

dieworkwear Well-Known Member

I liked your wearing one with a leather jacket. I just can't seem to wear one without looking like a dork.

[in before someone makes an obvious joke about why I might look like a dork]

Last edited: Jul 28, 2014
  4. Fuuma

Fuuma Well-Known Member

I like Margiela sweaters with elbow patches in black or grey, they're relatively slim and light but don't look too sleek Italian. I do have some silk-wool (? cotton maybe) Malo or Borrelli sweaters that I'll wear with a velvet jacket or whatever, not sure I don't look like a cunt, seems to be allright and it's comfy.

Wearing a big SNS herning sweater under this is also quite nice:
    https://www.cabourn.com/collections...aman-classic&product=531d21127cbb88001500003f

5. dieworkwear

I was looking at a MMM sweatshirt a couple of years ago in Vancouver. Really beautiful material, and feel somewhat regretful I didn't buy it. Have been wanting to check out MMM knitwear more since.

6. emptym

emptym Well-Known Member

I used to wear v-necks a lot, from age 5 (school uniform) to 35. But one of my brothers has always hated them, and one time he told me it was because they lack material in the place you need it the most. I laughed at the time. But I don't know if it's because of that idea creeping slowly into my head or simply because I moved to CA, but I haven't worn them now for several years. W/ a sport coat and tie, I think they look a good kind of professorial and I'd probably wear them again if we moved somewhere cold.

7. dieworkwear

Yea, maybe it's a weather thing. I could see myself wearing them a lot more with sport coats if the climate here got colder.

1 person likes this.
  8. unbelragazzo

unbelragazzo Well-Known Member

diedorkwear?

3 people like this.
  9. Tirailleur1

Tirailleur1 Well-Known Member

Incorrect. It is actually New Jack City...

Or was it Boyz in the Hood?

1 person likes this.
  10. JubeiSpiegel

JubeiSpiegel Well-Known Member

So, what's the word about this re-direct error? I have been having trouble on and off for 2 days now.

Whatever SF did, it does not play nice with Safari, and Chrome... :fu:

11. The Shoe Snob

The Shoe Snob Well-Known Member

SF must have changed something, like their hosting or IP address etc. Your ISP would have cached that information and therefore do not recognize the change until they clear their cache. May ISP companies should theoretically clear their cache regularly, but in reality most don't do it often.

Therefore what you need to do is change your DNS server numbers to that of Google's until your ISP sorts it out on their end (See screenshot, first row 8-8-8-8, second row 8-8-4-4.... I did this and it fixed it)

hope that this helps!

Justin

[​IMG]

12. dieworkwear

@David Reeves, are you still planning to start that thread on padded shoulders? I think it would make for a great thread, FWIW.

13. patrickBOOTH

patrickBOOTH Well-Known Member

Only if it's in a women's style forum. Hey-O!

14. dieworkwear

Every time this ad pops up on StyFo, I think it's @emptym

All ethnically ambiguous looking people look alike

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  15. patrickBOOTH

patrickBOOTH Well-Known Member

FTFY

16. bourbonbasted

bourbonbasted Well-Known Member

Please don't rag on Antonio O'Connell-Suzuki.

2 people like this.
  17. emptym

emptym Well-Known Member

There are many approaches to the single summit. But as you've observed, it isn't lonely at the top.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2014
  18. dieworkwear

This sounds vaguely sexual ...

19. dieworkwear

20. JubeiSpiegel

JubeiSpiegel Well-Known Member

That's a nice cowboy hat he's got on...

1 person likes this.