1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Matt nye

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by hermes, Jan 28, 2003.

1. hermes

hermes Well-Known Member

does anyone know if matt nye is still around? american designer, well constructed and structured pants and shirts but have not seen anything by him for a few years now? (and he only started about 3 or 4 years ago in any event)cannot find any information either ..... anyone in the nyc area where he worked from know?

2. thc

thc Well-Known Member

After he won the CFDA award, he was much bally-hooed, but then he kind of disappeared. I haven't seen his clothes at Bergdorf's in over 2 years. And I never seemed to see anyone buying his clothes. I don't know what the exact story is, but I assume he just decided to close up shop. His clothes didn't seem to be doing too well. I never personally bought anything made by him.

3. hermes

hermes Well-Known Member

thanks for the information
    i had assumed he closed up shop despite the praise and money backing he had
    i do own two of his shirts, one cotton, one linen, very well constructed and well tailored - sort of traditional stuff with modern tailoring

in any event, i thought he was going to do well but i guess look what happened to oldham and john bartlett as well

4. thc

thc Well-Known Member

For a bit of gossip: last I heard, Matt Nye was dating Jann Werner from Rolling Stone magazine, I think.

5. hermes

hermes Well-Known Member

you are correct, he and jann wenner have been a couple for a good number of years (as i understand, wenner provided all the backing for his fashion outing and given the amount of money wenner has, that's what surprises me about matt nye having 'disappeared' off the fashion scene)

6. blaksmooth

blaksmooth Member

Hermes...you over here droppin' knowledge too, huh? You kill me man. Take it slow. See you around in forumland. [​IMG]