1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Matching Blazer/Jacket

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Jake001, Feb 1, 2013.

1. Jake001

Jake001 New Member

Hi folks,

This is my first post, figured I could get some help in finding a blue blazer/jacket to match this exact tone of these pants.

[​IMG]

Thanks

Last edited: Feb 1, 2013
  2. Steve Smith

Steve Smith Well-Known Member

Matching is almost impossible. You would be better off searching out a suit which you like.

3. Jake001

Jake001 New Member

well im going for this look or something similar, i just love the blue

[​IMG]

4. archibaldleach

archibaldleach Well-Known Member

Completely agree with the other poster. If you want a pair of pants and jacket to match, then buy a suit. Unless you know the exact make and model of the trousers and can find out if the same company makes a matching jacket, you'll look like you tried to match and failed. There may be slight color or pattern differences but they will be noticeable. Even if you figure out the exact make and model of the trousers AND the company that makes the trousers makes a matching suit coat, if you've worn the trousers much already, they will have a different wear pattern and you can still find yourself in trouble.

The best thing to do with these trousers is to wear them with an odd jacket, perhaps in either a cream or tan. They're definitely a summer look. At this point, I'd be thinking about what jacket and trouser combinations work with the trousers, not trying to match.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  5. Jake001

Jake001 New Member

ok thanks for the tip so a cream or tan jacket you say