1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. (ABC)

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by willy cheesesteak, May 14, 2013.

1. dcg

dcg Well-Known Member

Wasn't sure what to expect, but didn't think much of it. I'm surprised by the positive reactions I've read elsewhere. Loved Avengers, but haven't see Whedon's other TV shows, so I'm wondering if what we saw in the pilot is consistent with his "style".

2. SixOhNine

SixOhNine Well-Known Member

Relatively close. Somewhat watered down, since I suspect he's got many, many more corporate overlords than he had in previous TV gigs.

3. SixOhNine

SixOhNine Well-Known Member

Relatively close. Somewhat watered down, since I suspect he's got many, many more corporate overlords than he had in previous TV gigs.

4. Mariooo

Mariooo Well-Known Member

watched the first 3 episodes today...

I didn't have high expectations, so......

The Pilot was mediocre but enjoyable..
    It was nice seeing Clark Gregg as Agent Poulson in a leading role...
    As for the Hacktivist, Chloe Wang/Bennet (as Skye) - I instantly liked her, not only for obvious eyecandy reasons :D
    She was the most interesting character....

Episode 2 was..well.. quite bad... The actors and their characters were bland and one-dimensional.. But at least the ending was hilarious :lol:

Episode 3, that's when things started to really go up, qualitywise.. Great episode and hopefully the characters and show will grow on that...

Poulson and Skye are the ones who really carry the show, at least for me... So I'll keep watching

Every television show which involves Whedon will forever be compared to Buffy and having a hard time reaching up to its heights... It's way too early to say anything, but the first two episodes were miles away... Episode 3 showed quite potential :)

Last edited: Oct 10, 2013
  5. Neo_Version 7

Neo_Version 7 Well-Known Member

6. ChetB

ChetB Well-Known Member

Anyone still watching this? Still not a knockout for me, but enjoyable enough.

ABC just ordered a full 22 episodes.

7. Mariooo

Mariooo Well-Known Member

I do, yeah it's enjoyable enough and having a live-action show browsing through the marvel universe is nice...... storywise the highpoint was clearly Graviton's origin story..

however, I much prefer what CW is doing with Star(ling) City's Hero :slayer:

Last edited: Oct 24, 2013
  8. origenesprit

origenesprit Well-Known Member

I've been enjoying the show. Not great, but cute and quirky. And I have a crush on Simmons.

9. RFX45

RFX45 Well-Known Member

I got to say, this seasons been real good.

If yall haven't been watching, watch season 1 in one sitting (works much better as a whole) and then catch up on season 2.

1 person likes this.
  10. willy cheesesteak

willy cheesesteak Well-Known Member

^Yes

Also really like how things have been leading up to The Inhumans

11. RFX45

RFX45 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.