1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Mark McNairy must be stopped

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by TRINI, Feb 2, 2011.

1. ruben

ruben Well-Known Member

Crepe sole double monks..... skeez!

Would look tight with cammo cargos, a chambrayy shirt, shawl collar fair ise sweater.

2. rmstephenson

rmstephenson Active Member

I doubt that girl goes to Tech, although now that I am back for grad school I am impressed by the girls on campus. I think it just has to do with most people sticking their heads in a book (or computer) and not venturing out.

I like some of his shoes, but I am not a fan of crepe soles. I have some sneakers he did with Pro-Keds that I like and get compliments on.

3. porcelain monkey

porcelain monkey Well-Known Member

Crepe sole double monks..... skeez!

Would look tight with cammo cargos, a chambrayy shirt, shawl collar fair ise sweater.

Don't forget your shearling toggle pea coat if it's cold outside. Get a Black Watch one if you can.

4. TRINI

TRINI Well-Known Member

Motherfucking Prada: [​IMG]

5. patrickBOOTH

patrickBOOTH Well-Known Member

Motherfucking Church's:

[​IMG]

FTFY

Sick Graftons.

6. deepitm

deepitm Well-Known Member

Man, I feel like this thread should get back to hating on McNairy. Honestly, everything about that guy irks me. He is bombing WWM. His own line is derivative of most things #menswear. He just style jacks from every blog out there and then the bloggers end up worshiping him b/c they feel validated for their opinions (many of which are genuinely stupid and should be on the cutting room floor). It's this terrible feedback loop. FWIW, I like a lot of bloggers, #menswear, street style, etc., but this whole "McNasty" fawning has got to stop. McNasty is an appropriate description of most of his designs because they are nasty (as in awful and nausea inducing, not nasty as in cool). His "tongue in cheek" attempts at humor are anything but. His sense of humor or that of his design team is clearly childish ("F* Off" pocket squares). His own style of dress is objectively not good. The whole "Manifest Destiny" shirt shows how out of touch with reality he is and a complete lack of tact. He is just a bald old man desperately trying to cling to his youth and the #menswear community is egging him on.

7. Shirtmaven

Shirtmaven Well-Known Member

i have not seen mark in 4 months, but he wasn't bald back then.
    did he shave his head?

8. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member

I've met him a couple of times, and he's always seemed distant and cold to me, but I've heard that he warms up. I don't think that he has talent like Daiki Suzuki has, and I definitely think that his version of WWM is not as interesting as Daiki's. I'm not a fan of the double monks, and find them a bit unbalanced (yes, that may have been intentional, but I don't really hate them either. I don't know who it was that criticized the crepe sole, but it's just a Sanders make. Looks pretty much like every other natual crepe sole out there. I've seen his line many times, and it's always left me lukewarm.

9. chogall

chogall Well-Known Member

Those shoes do look interesting. Not CBD or conventional but interesting. Cole Hann is filing similar colored soles last year and even AE are experimenting colorful combinations.

Fashion shoes.

10. clock

clock Active Member

I like the 2-tone long wing brogue Vibram-soled collection, both suede and calf skin.