1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Mardi Gras Masquerade Party Attire

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by styleguy9934, May 12, 2014.

1. styleguy9934

styleguy9934 Active Member

My friend is having a formal but not black tie masquerade birthday party and I am unsure of what to wear.The party will take place indoors in the evening at a community center, with an attendance of about 20 people. I'm looking to impress some girls there so I would love if you guys could help me out that would be great. I would like not to have to spend any money or if i have to, then as little as possible. I currently have a black three piece suit but the vest is a little high and the original suit pants have been swapped with not very well tailored black trousers. The jacket, a two button notch lapel with double vents fit pretty well. I also have a white jacket, a navy blazer, and black peak lapel tuxedo that is about 8' too big in the stomach (darn you Klaes for ordering without any measurements) as well as a wide selection of shirts and ties. What do you guys suggest I wear? What about accessories like pocket square etc.?

2. TheOttosauraus

TheOttosauraus Well-Known Member

Do you have trousers that aren't black? Black suits are generally a bad idea so I'm inclined to suggest a blazer/trousers combo.

3. styleguy9934

styleguy9934 Active Member

I have navy chinos, and slim tailored khakis, and a pair of brown chinos

4. TheOttosauraus

Would a blazer and khakis/chinos be too informal?

5. Veremund

Veremund Well-Known Member

Black suit without the vest. Nothing looks better at night than black and white. Nothing.

6. TheOttosauraus

Except midnight blue and white in my opinion.

7. Veremund

Veremund Well-Known Member

I think that combination is equally excellent. :D