1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Manhattan Sales Alert!!

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by von Rothbart, Mar 9, 2006.

1. cwh812

cwh812 Well-Known Member

The best deal at the Isaia sale is the cashmere sweaters at $100 (at least when I went yesterday). There was one in navy blue with a zipper that was quite nice but I passed on b/c the zipper was too long for me. I did pick up a 70/30 cashmere/silk sweater for $60 (the price for knits).

Anyone think Isaia might be discounted even more today (the last day)? Worth a trip?

2. FlaneurNYC

FlaneurNYC Well-Known Member

I think that the leftover clothing will now be a permanent part of the 360 Sample Sale companies stock.

I was there Thursday evening and they were doing a 'no tax for cash' deal when I bought a topcoat. I was talking to the girl from Isaia and asked if I could come back Friday morning since my office isn't far away and they were closing. She said "We won't be here after today, the leftover stock is bought by 360." So I walked to the bank and got the cash and they let me back in.

I thought that the prices may go down, so I went back on Friday during lunch and there was some new Isaia stock out, but there was also a bunch of womens and other labels leftovers out as well. The prices remained at the level they were at on Thursday.

$350 sports coats, $650 suits, $450 topcoats, $75 shirts and trou. I think ties might be $50. I think they're running through next week.

3. The Choosy Beggar

The Choosy Beggar Active Member

Man, Im all over this thread knowing you will be here. A regular, I hope?

Not in as full detail as the website, just trying to make a few more friends.

Paul Stuart sale today at the Madison store, crazy amount of stock out with discounts up to and past 50%.

As always no Phineas Cole solid suits on sale. [​IMG]

4. ThinkDerm

ThinkDerm Well-Known Member

Not in as full detail as the website, just trying to make a few more friends.

Paul Stuart sale today at the Madison store, crazy amount of stock out with discounts up to and past 50%.

any examples of what they had? details =)

5. caldervale

caldervale Well-Known Member

I may head up there tomorrow or the day after. Feel free to PM me for a proxy!

6. earthdragon

earthdragon Well-Known Member

Where exactly is the Isaia Sale. I will
    be in NY Fri - Mon.
    Thanks

7. cchen

cchen Well-Known Member

its over already

8. SuitingStyle

SuitingStyle Well-Known Member

still there, but pretty picked through

9. poorsod

poorsod Well-Known Member

FYI John lobb sale at Madison ave started today and goes through Saturday.

There are some prestige available like 2006 and 2007 (maybe 2008 too) for somewhere around $1100 +/- $100. There are some casual shoes which are quite cheap. For example the trapeze is selling for $180 MSRP $800+ (but are rubber soled gemmed shoes so YMMV). There are lots of models on sale but only a few sizes per model.

10. poorsod

poorsod Well-Known Member

But they do have a nice suede Phineas Cole jacket on sale for a bit more than 50% off.

11. The Choosy Beggar

12. The Choosy Beggar

J. Press sample sale going on right now at 530 7th Ave.

13. ThinkDerm

ThinkDerm Well-Known Member

those are usually amazing

14. JayJay

JayJay Well-Known Member

For how long?

15. ter1413

ter1413 Well-Known Member

Yeah..when does it end???

16. FlaneurNYC

FlaneurNYC Well-Known Member

"Alert: J. Press Sample Sale
    June 28, 2010

We just got word of another J. Press Sample Sale going down today through Wednesday, 6/28-6/30. Prices are similar to the last sale in March, and we're guessing stock will be similar, too. This time around, we're told markdowns start at 75% off.

J. Press Sample Sale - Onward Kashiyama USA - 530 7th Ave bwtn 38th & 39th - 29th Fl - 11am-6pm Daily"

http://www.thechoosybeggar.com/2010/...s-sample-sale/

17. ter1413

ter1413 Well-Known Member

"Alert: J. Press Sample Sale
    June 28, 2010

We just got word of another J. Press Sample Sale going down today through Wednesday, 6/28-6/30. Prices are similar to the last sale in March, and we're guessing stock will be similar, too. This time around, we're told markdowns start at 75% off.

J. Press Sample Sale - Onward Kashiyama USA - 530 7th Ave bwtn 38th & 39th - 29th Fl - 11am-6pm Daily"

http://www.thechoosybeggar.com/2010/...s-sample-sale/

Good looking out!!

18. maineratheart

maineratheart Well-Known Member

Anyone know what the J.Press sample sale is made up of? Mostly shirts, Ties?

19. whnay.

whnay. Well-Known Member

Anyone know what the J.Press sample sale is made up of? Mostly shirts, Ties?

Yes!!!! Shirts, ties, shoes, suits, and accessories all in the Anglo-America style but made in some southeastern Asian country for cents on the dollar!

20. JohnnyCrockett

JohnnyCrockett Well-Known Member

Can anyone tell me if it's worth going to the J.Press sale? I don't want to trek all the way over there to find that they have nothing but madras sport jackets with action-hero shoulders and cotton-poly pincord pants.