1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Mandate: Experiment a little (really, a plea)

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Nov 6, 2008.

1. shoreman1782

shoreman1782 Well-Known Member

Albam and Howell sounds interesting, have to check it out closer...

Filson and carhartt is definitly in the comfort zone for me, wearing a filson mackinaw vest and carhartt duck pants right now as a matter of fact.

Just got an albam painter's shirt, will post pics.

2. Contingency Plan

Contingency Plan Well-Known Member

Stazy, have you checked out the other colours/styles of Super glasses on Revolve? Some nice, colourful options to be had.

3. dibadiba

dibadiba Well-Known Member

alright, might as well make my contribution to this thread haha.
    I've looked around both on here and sufu, and have found little to nothing about this swedish brand called 'fifth avenue shoe repair'. It's stocked pretty limitedly, Oak and Reborn carry a few pieces but I haven'd had much luck other than that. However a local store downtown does carry a few of their pieces, one of which I picked up for my ex-gf last summer. I found out this same store stocks a few mens pieces and decided I'd go check it out. Long story short, I'm very satisfied with the stuff. It's definitely on the pricier side, but this is now my favorite label and I'll be waiting for some of their items to go on sale because the fit, quality, and design is all on-point. I did pick up a red long-sleeved tee on sale a month or two ago, and it's already one of my favorite things to wear. The material is very soft, and the fit is drapey while not being too large (length and sleeves are the right length) I encourage anyone to take a look at this brand. www.shoerepair.se

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. chronoaug

chronoaug Well-Known Member

Yes. I like the stuff i've seen from them. A sufu user is selling that same shirt and i've wanted to buy it since he put it up. A nice color and cool twist/vagina type thing on the side. I'd like to see more from them to see if they differ much from the other swedish brands (acne/filippak/whyred/tigerofsweeden) in terms of design quirks. Hope to see more stockists in the future so i can check stuff out on sale

5. Stazy

Stazy Well-Known Member

Stazy, have you checked out the other colours/styles of Super glasses on Revolve? Some nice, colourful options to be had.
    I have, and they are all on sale right now. [​IMG]

6. Superb0bo

Superb0bo Well-Known Member

chrono, Fifth avenue have gotten loads of good press here in sweden, and definitly seems to be a much "fashion forward"/high fashion approch compared to Acne and the like. Not sure I like what ive seen that much, but they are sure to get more (worldwide) attention in the future.
    According to my gf, they even have a haute coutoure (sp..) line.

7. Stazy

Stazy Well-Known Member

Ok an update on my experiment...The brands aren't necessarily new to the forum but it's a departure from what I normally wear. I still don't have a jacket but I'm working on it... (Better pictures later. Maybe.) B.son - Timex - Filippa K - YMC [​IMG] The usual... [​IMG]

8. BubblyMasquerade

BubblyMasquerade Well-Known Member

the usual is much better hulk.

9. Stazy

Stazy Well-Known Member

the usual is much better hulk.
    I don't get the hulk reference... The "usual" is a lot more refined but I had fun wearing my new stuff today. I can't remember the last time I bought a hoodie. lol.

10. BubblyMasquerade

BubblyMasquerade Well-Known Member

dunno what i was trying to say either [​IMG]

11. Kodiak

Kodiak Well-Known Member

i see more of a clark kent than hulk in him

12. SoCal2NYC

SoCal2NYC Well-Known Member

Do my Yohji purchases count?

13. Yardsale

Yardsale Well-Known Member

Good point to make. I've been intrigued by what I'm seeing from Mjolk [​IMG] the pants look awesome [​IMG] i like this entire fit

14. 1969

1969 Well-Known Member

Not ground breaking, but the splendid mills henley just became a staple for me, via zappos no less.