1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Mafoofan struggles to buy breast wallet at Hermes . . . arises victorious!

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by mafoofan, Dec 20, 2010.

Tags:
  1. greekgeek

greekgeek Well-Known Member

Try Priscilla at the Manhasset store. Manhasset Hermes is one of the few privately owned Hermes stores in the world. She is very knowledgeable and a pleasure to deal with.

Good suggestion, another is outside of Cleveland @ Cuffs. Roger and his better half are extremely helpful and pleasant.

2. teddieriley

teddieriley Well-Known Member

WTF? How is this acceptable on here these days?

Good question. Bull to be more of an annoyance and distraction than anything. He's like an FNB, but without anything valuable to add. I really should put him on ignore.

3. musicguy

musicguy Well-Known Member

WTF? How is this acceptable on here these days?

I'm with you

4. indesertum

indesertum Well-Known Member

Normally, H does not do a special order for a brand new client. Forgive me if OP is a VIC. This is a playground for a bunch of spoiled brats who have no manners. Yea. Lucky him. It takes a long time to get a handbag from H. Mostly in saving the $$ to afford the bag of one's dreams. Fortunately for me, I am able to have a lovely collection and have earned everything in my closet (you guys know about them, right?) Over and out. Sorry I found my way over here. Ban me now.
    so it's unreasonable to have the sa just tell the customer that custom orders are only for long term customers? you still seriously don't see how much of a douchebag the sa in the op was? so you can only get told whether or not you can get a custom order only if you order a bunch of fucking scarves and you refer to hermes as H or be buddy buddy with the sa? what kind of classist elitist bullshit did you have to indoctrinate yourself with to become a douchebag nouveau riche like this?

5. ljrcustom

ljrcustom Well-Known Member

Good question. Bull to be more of an annoyance and distraction than anything. He's like an FNB, but without anything valuable to add. I really should put him on ignore.

Really? Have you not seen the photos of the ladies that he posts. I find the photos to be an awesome distraction.

-LR

6. onix

onix Well-Known Member

I just think it's funny how your refer to Hermes as H. At first I thought you were just using as a shorthand but it now seems more like H is this mystical special thing, that few will ever learn of.

-LR

Well, in all fairness, we use abbreviation all the times, don't we?

7. Sazerac

Sazerac Well-Known Member

Mostly in saving the $$ to afford the bag of one's dreams. Fortunately for me, I am able to have a lovely collection and have earned everything in my closet (you guys know about them, right?)
    Over and out. Sorry I found my way over here.
    Ban me now.

No, wait! You didn't say if you'd meet me for a drink!

I can totally see this working out.

You have a collection of Hermes handbags. My uncle has a collection of indian head pennies.

You love poodles. A lady down the street from me owned one once.

This has the makings of a great inter-class / inter-generational romantic comedy. In the movie, I could be played by Hugh Jackman and you could be played by Helen Mirren.

8. gladhands

gladhands Well-Known Member

This threak can be summarized thusly:

1. Hi, my name is [​IMG]

2. I am married to an exceptionally wealthy Jewish sugar mama whose love for the [​IMG] (and whose credit card limit, the balances of which are happily satisfied by my father-in-law) has no bounds.

3. She spends on me - quite extravagantly - and this brings me great joy.

4. I am an intranets celebrity (c) top 5 BDRM and Rake special.

5. Sometimes, when I go out into the real world, I am mistaken for a lowly bumpkin, despite the fact that I (a) wear LH down to the underwears and (b) am an intranets celebrity.

6. Such misperception sometimes causes customer service to be less than worshipful.

7. SUB-WORSHIPFUR CUSTOMER SERVICE MAKE [​IMG] VERY, VERY ANGRY!

I'm not sure if iammatt is taking the piss or not (I assume he is), but I bolded the objectionable part.

9. ljrcustom

ljrcustom Well-Known Member

Well, in all fairness, we use abbreviation all the times, don't we?

True. We do, but the way she did it just rubbed me the wrong way. That's all.

-LR

10. musicguy

No, wait! You didn't say if you'd meet me for a drink! I can totally see this working out. You have a collection of Hermes handbags. My uncle has a collection of indian head pennies. You love poodles. A lady down the street from me owned one once. This has the makings of a great inter-class / inter-generational romantic comedy. In the movie, I could be played by Hugh Jackman and you could be played by Helen Mirren.
    This is not funny... it's creepy.

11. greekgeek

greekgeek Well-Known Member

This is not funny... it's creepy.
    Noice ninja edit! [​IMG]

12. lee_44106

lee_44106 Well-Known Member

so it's unreasonable to have the sa just tell the customer that custom orders are only for long term customers? you still seriously don't see how much of a douchebag the sa in the op was?

so you can only get told whether or not you can get a custom order only if you order a bunch of fucking scarves and you refer to hermes as H or be buddy buddy with the sa?

what kind of classist elitist bullshit did you have to indoctrinate yourself with to become a douchebag nouveau riche like this?

so is this how you characterize the Hermes establishment and its loyal customers?

How about loyal customers who would persist in their quest for Hermes items despite obvious rejections?

13. onix

onix Well-Known Member

Normally, H does not do a special order for a brand new client. Forgive me if OP is a VIC.
    This is a playground for a bunch of spoiled brats who have no manners.

Yea. Lucky him.
    It takes a long time to get a handbag from H. Mostly in saving the $$ to afford the bag of one's dreams. Fortunately for me, I am able to have a lovely collection and have earned everything in my closet (you guys know about them, right?)
    Over and out. Sorry I found my way over here.
    Ban me now.

I think you love Hermes so much that you feel some level of entitlements that should not be experienced by just anyone but long time Hermes customers. Wow.

14. George

George Well-Known Member

240+ posts about why a chap can't buy a wallet. Welcome to Styleforum 2010. [​IMG]

15. musicguy

Noice ninja edit! [​IMG]

lol thank you!

16. Metlin

Metlin Well-Known Member

I think we should talk about penis wallets now.

17. onix

onix Well-Known Member

I think we should talk about penis wallets now.

Why don't they call it a chest wallet? Breast wallet just doesn't sound right somehow.

18. indesertum

indesertum Well-Known Member

so is this how you characterize the Hermes establishment and its loyal customers? How about loyal customers who would persist in their quest for Hermes items despite obvious rejections?
    NO WAY. You mean to buy something at hermes i have to keep on trying after being rebuffed the first time? obvious rejections like what? not having bought hermes crap before? so to buy a birkin bag i have to slowly make my way up by buying post it notes first, then pens, then dildos, then scarves, then sweaters, then wallets, then OMFG THE BIRKIN BAG! [​IMG] are you seriously defending this bullshit? does this classist elitist bullshit still exist in modern america?

19. Bartolo

Bartolo Well-Known Member

Try Priscilla at the Manhasset store. Manhasset Hermes is one of the few privately owned Hermes stores in the world. She is very knowledgeable and a pleasure to deal with.

Quoted for pure helpfulness.

20. Holdfast

Holdfast Well-Known Member

I once went into that same Hermes shop. I told the SA I was looking for a gift for my wife for our anniversary. She didn't ask my price range or what I was looking for. She pulled a block of paper from a drawer and said, "these is the least expensive item we have. They're $25. They're like Post-It notes with the Hermes logo on top, see?"

I was speechless.

She continued: "Won't she love getting something in a little Hermes box?"

I had to leave before I shot up the joint.

This is actually funnier than Foo's story.

You should have pretended to be important Japanese businessman, Foo Sumitomo....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

So much win in this. [​IMG]