• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mad Men: Final Season

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Interesting episode. All that smoking finally caught up with Betty.

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, we can check off Betty, Joan, Pete and probably Roger.....now we need to resolve Don and Peggy. See you Sunday.

archibaldleach

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I see Pete finally took Don's "don't **** up a good thing" piece of advice after Don failed to take his own words to heart.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

if I have to see one more long shot of someone standing alone as the camera pulls back... I hope Weiner just admits he was phoning it in for this season.

this too

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Well, we can check off Betty, Joan, Pete and probably Roger.....now we need to resolve Don and Peggy. See you Sunday.

What exactly is Rogers end? Seems like nothing to me.

This whole Don story line is not doing anything for me. Unless the finale is mind blowing I may have to pretend like this season never happened and MM ends with Don showing his kids that crap hole he grew up in.

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score

What exactly is Rogers end?.

Roger being Roger. His company evaporates after being acquired and he sees things for what they are and his life goes on. (as he has another drink, plays the organ and has a relationship with Don's ex-MIL.).

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Roger being Roger. His company evaporates after being acquired and he sees things for what they are and his life goes on. (as he has another drink, plays the organ and has a relationship with Don's ex-MIL.).

Yeah, thats true. I just kinda wished they never had him show up in the McCaan offices. I think leaving him with the cigar and organ would have been a better ending. But then again, maybe it shows that accepted the fate of his company and trotted off to make some easy money, which Roger is all for really I think.

So perhaps I eat my words. Im cool with his end. But. They better whip up something amazing for Peggy and Don or Ima be disappoint.

RedLantern

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, Roger was never really a character with much to resolve. For the most part, the world is his oyster and he luxuriates in it.

archibaldleach

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Roger = rich dude who sleeps around and doesn't give a ****. He's kind of been the constant in a show where the other characters have major changes.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
I'm actually wondering if we've seen the last of Peggy. Just as someone mentioned above they wish Roger had finished at the organ with his cigar it can easily be that Peggy's bad-girl strut, hung over with a butt hanging out of her mouth, is her ending. I think there's a very real chance we see no one but Don next week or maybe Don and Sally.

The two Draper boys were certainly the most undeveloped recurring characters in any series I can remember.

Edit: Forgot to mention...called the Pete/Trudy reconciliation. Never thought it would include them moving to Kansas though.

Last edited:

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

The two Draper boys were certainly the most undeveloped recurring characters in any series I can remember.

Bobby has to be one of the stupidest little ***** of all time. Also, no love for predicting the eps?

RedLantern

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'm actually wondering if we've seen the last of Peggy. Just as someone mentioned above they wish Roger had finished at the organ with his cigar it can easily be that Peggy's bad-girl strut, hung over with a butt hanging out of her mouth, is her ending. I think there's a very real chance we see no one but Don next week or maybe Don and Sally.

Edit: Forgot to mention...called the Pete/Trudy reconciliation. Never thought it would include them moving to Kansas though.

Agree that Peggy may be done. Has been established that she chooses her career over having a family. She is out of Don's shadow and looking to use McCann-Ericsson (SP?) as a stepping stone in her career. She has Octopus Appreciation on her wall and knows that while she may have to suffer through the Good Old Boys Club for a few years, she will outlast them and move on to bigger and better things.

Last edited:

RedLantern

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anybody know if the finale is a double length episode or anything?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads