• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

MA-1 Jackets Thread

im eddie

Reaction score
Anyone aware of a perforated MA-1? This one is Damir Doma. I prefer a more perforated body since I live out in the desert and only get to use my jackets for a couple of month out of the year tops even though it gets windy, so something lightweight in perforated fabric is ideal for me.

Last edited:

futuresailors

Reaction score
@im eddie Jil Sander had a nice one.
img-thing

styleforumfan

Reaction score
Is there any fitting rule of thumb for bomber jacket? Should the length of the jacket end above the belt buckle?

bam785

Reaction score
Hey bros I'm looking for a light slim fitting ma-1 jacket since I live in Florida and weather hardly drops below 45f.The only one I found was the alpha industries ma-1 tt. Can anyone who has handled or owns one please tell me about the quality. Is it worth the price? Is there any alternative jackets I should look at.Thanks.[B]http://www.atomretro.com/product_info.cfm?product_id=10518[/B]

accordion

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
got this toj suiting wool and not sure if I should keep it, it looks fine open but when zipped up, I can't figure out if it's too short or if the hem is too tight. And also the upper body feels a bit tight in general when zipped up.

Last edited:

Raindrop

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Keep. I think it's designed to be worn open.

Fycus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's too small, but seems wearable.

Froosh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hey bros I'm looking for a light slim fitting ma-1 jacket since I live in Florida and weather hardly drops below 45f.The only one I found was the alpha industries ma-1 tt. Can anyone who has handled or owns one please tell me about the quality. Is it worth the price? Is there any alternative jackets I should look at.Thanks.[B]http://www.atomretro.com/product_info.cfm?product_id=10518[/B]

+1, would really like to know the sizing and quality of the ma-1 TT as well as if it's shiny. Any other suggestions for a black, minimal, *no* sleeve pocket and preferably matte nylon bomber (hrmm I guess it's called a blouson or something and not an ma-1 without the pocket?). Something like the 3sixteen stadium jacket but not waxed cotton.

Landscape

Reaction score
fit pic of the enfin leve?
Anything you want to know about it? My mobile takes really ****** pics, but I can take a picture of it if you want. Mine was a "custom" order as I didn't want the zippers on the back and they were very helpful in the process. I'd say it's a pretty good price for custom, MTM bomber.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads