1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

M&S Welted Shoes

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by juniper, Nov 8, 2006.

1. juniper

juniper Well-Known Member

It appears Marks and Spencer have started to stock Goodyear-welted shoes for the first time in a long while

http://www.marksandspencer.com/IWCat...ction_Id=10016

(Or if that doesn't work Homepage => Men => Luxury => Shoes)

Has anyone seen these in person and can hazard a guess as to who makes them?

2. Holdfast

Holdfast Well-Known Member

I've only seen in person the £60 Autograph ones pictured on that page (which are as nasty in person as they seem in the photos), but the £130 semi-brogue in tan looks decent (but a bit expensive). No idea who makes them, but I guess Loake would be one guess, with Cheaney another. Loake seems more likely to me, purely because that Wetherby brogue looks vaguely familiar from Loake's 1880 range I think. But I'm not sure.