1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Luxury/ Bespoke Glasses

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by carhadtt, Nov 27, 2015.

1. carhadtt

carhadtt Member

Hello all,

I rather hoped I would find some guidance in the way of selecting a new pair of glasses for myself.

I have worn a pair of Ray-Ban frames for the past five or so years and recently mislaid the pair.

Having decided to find a pair of new frames which adequately fit in line with the standards of my suits and shoes I came across a number of providers. In fact, I was astounded that there are even a number of brands which offer a bespoke service (though this may be a more or less accurate usage of the word "bespoke")

From my research, I have narrowed my search to a few providers: Cutler and Gross, EB Meyrowitz and Tom Davis.

The three brands all make handmade eyewear though due to the volumes produced by C&G I wonder whether these frames are truly made by hand as a suit or pair of shoes would be made. The later two brands also offer bespoke service, TD in a modern fashion and EB in traditional fashion.

Has anyone had any experience of the three and if so I would be extremely interested to see the finished product?

2. ThinkDerm

ThinkDerm Well-Known Member

tom davies might be a great idea..