• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

burghler

Reaction score
I apologize if this has been answered before, but what is the purpose of the arm fit patch shown on the website? Or more accurately, how does it work?

chuckb

Reaction score
@chuckb thats the best looking jacket picture I've seen from luxire so far. Would you post more detail shots of the jacket? We all know their pants are killer, but jackets havent been as refined from pictures Ive seen. Thanks

Here are a few shots of the jacket itself - I won't have more shots of me wearing the jacket until we get our pictures back from the photographer.
I asked for fine edge stitching rather than more showy pick stitching, since it's a more formal jacket.

They did a nice job with the functional buttonholes, and I like the horn buttons.

Hand stitching on the inside of the collar.

Nicely finished inside - I asked for half lined.

They did a nice job with the belly of the lapel on the vest.

Buttonholes on the vest.

matt22616

Reaction score
Received my first luxire shirt yesterday. Fits perfectly (took measurements from a well-fitting shirt I had altered by my local tailor) with every requested detail executed to perfection.

I opted for a more casual make-up with Turner's one-piece collar in the sky blue summer chambray. Fabric lives up to the hype. Now I just need to decide on a design/collar for more formal shirts to be worn with ties...and also send in some pants for replication...be warned, luxire is dangerous...

FredAstaire1899

Reaction score
Here are a few shots of the jacket itself - I won't have more shots of me wearing the jacket until we get our pictures back from the photographer.
I asked for fine edge stitching rather than more showy pick stitching, since it's a more formal jacket.

They did a nice job with the functional buttonholes, and I like the horn buttons.

Hand stitching on the inside of the collar.

Nicely finished inside - I asked for half lined.

They did a nice job with the belly of the lapel on the vest.

Buttonholes on the vest.
Many Congratulations on your wedding! Would you happen to have a shot of the button holes on the front closure of the jacket? Many Thanks.

TRMay

Reaction score
I apologize if this has been answered before, but what is the purpose of the arm fit patch shown on the website? Or more accurately, how does it work?

Could you give the link to the website? Looks like there might be an armpit gusset? They're used in sweaters to give greater strength to that important junction and more ease under the arm when the shoulder is fitted. I haven't really seen one in non-workwear shirting before.

KYHillbilly

Reaction score
This is all I've got right now - but overall I think they did a nice job with the buttonholes.
Wow! It just gets better and better. For a supposed MTM provider you really are getting quite a bit of the bespoke experience. Congratulations on your wedding and on a really good looking suit!

GrensonMan

Reaction score
^^ Your comment raises a question that I have been wanting to ask. When we order a shirt, is it truly bespoke or are there patterns that they work off of and modify based on our input?

FredAstaire1899

Reaction score
Luxire make individual patterns. I believe that all bespoke tailors will have some sought of reference drafting method they use to make patterns, even with the 'Rock of Eye'. That will of course influence the silhouette or 'house style'. If you read Thomas Mahon's blog, he regards highly accurate pattern manipulation as bespoke. Bespoke has additional connotations beyond individual patterns, and can be used as a reference for proper garment fittings in non-finished form, as a well as a general high quality standard with hand finished features.

Thrifter

Reaction score
I don't think you can call it bespoke without an in-person fitting... but the customizability makes it very close.

GasparddeColigny

Reaction score
Let's be very clear in this respect, this is MTM: the client supplies a limited number of measurements and some customization options.
In a bespoke process the client has many measurements taken by an experienced tailor, taking into account the unevitable asymmetries etc. It is also a two-way proces where a client's wishes are matched to a particular tailor's house style. Complex bespoke projects often require multiple fittings.

All in all, MTM and bespoke are two quite different animals.

GrensonMan

Reaction score
Let's be very clear in this respect, this is MTM: the client supplies a limited number of measurements and some customization options.
In a bespoke process the client has many measurements taken by an experienced tailor, taking into account the unevitable asymmetries etc. It is also a two-way proces where a client's wishes are matched to a particular tailor's house style. Complex bespoke projects often require multiple fittings.

All in all, MTM and bespoke are two quite different animals.
To me it seems like a hybrid of MTM and bespoke. I say this because to my knowledge, MTM is based on pre designed patterns which are then altered for each individual, but there are limitations in tolerance etc because of the pattern. With Luxire, it seems that each pattern is unique and there are no limits to what can be done on fit.

GasparddeColigny

Reaction score

To me it seems like a hybrid of MTM and bespoke. I say this because to my knowledge, MTM is based on pre designed patterns which are then altered for each individual, but there are limitations in tolerance etc because of the pattern. With Luxire, it seems that each pattern is unique and there are no limits to what can be done on fit.

Well, MTM+ if you insist, but nowhere near bespoke.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads