1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by luxire, Jun 20, 2012.

1. sugarbutch

sugarbutch Well-Known Member

Shoes are evolving nicely, Luxire!

1 person likes this.
  2. ShawnBC

ShawnBC Well-Known Member

Great fit on these trousers!

3. brokencycle

brokencycle Well-Known Member

What are people's thoughts on summer weight flannel? That just seems weird to me, but I do love flannel pents.

4. luxire

luxire Well-Known Member

These do not wear too warm. But, will be out of action during the warmest days of the year. In places like NY, they would remain unused for about a month.

5. easy_golfing

easy_golfing Well-Known Member

Is this a summer flannel (didn't know such a thing existed)? - http://custom.luxire.com/collection...barberis-canonico-flannels-grey-vbc_599_101_3

Appropriate for year round wear in a moderate climate like California?

6. CruzAzul

CruzAzul Well-Known Member

One staple, one a bit rakish.
    Epic VBC deal is epic.

[​IMG]

7. phosej

phosej Well-Known Member

The VBC black twill is listed at 250g/8 Oz, what temperate ranges would this be suitable for? Looking for something in a 3 season fabric for a 4 season climate (Toronto, Canada)

8. emptym

emptym Well-Known Member

8oz is generally a summer weight, but twill is usually pretty tightly woven so it'll wear fairly warm for its weight. So it should be OK for three seasons TO, particularly if you run warm. Late spring through early fall should work easy.

9. easy_golfing

Thanks for the help. For your version, does it look exactly the same unbuttoned (adjusting for proportions)? I'm new to specifying collars...

10. StanleyVanBuren

StanleyVanBuren Well-Known Member

11. Spurious

Spurious Well-Known Member

Interested in pricing for that one as well.

12. easy_golfing

ah sorry, the original cutaway roma collar on the popover posted a page or two back that you modeled your collar off of

13. StanleyVanBuren

StanleyVanBuren Well-Known Member

14. FrankCowperwood

FrankCowperwood Well-Known Member

So I might have confused things by misunderstanding what the basis for SVB's collar was, @easy_golfing. I thought he and I had both used PC's soft Roma (formerly Milano) cutaway as the model. Mine is exactly the same dimensions as PC. I thought SVB had scaled this same collar differently for his purposes.

Anyway, I think the Van Buren Cutaway will give you a very similar look to the one on my popover, but with what should be better proportions for you. Stanley's is a great looking collar.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2015
  15. phosej

phosej Well-Known Member

Thank you for the input. I think I'm going to take the plunge given the VBC deal, the other candidate would be the Minnis Black Twill listed at 10-11 oz but it is significantly higher in price

16. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Well-Known Member

Thanks guys! I don't have a measuring tape handy right this minute, but I think it's about 13.75" on the thigh, 9.75" on knee, and 8.75" on the hem.

1 person likes this.
  17. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Well-Known Member

Luxire said back on the last page that it would be $600-$700 depending on fabric for a jacket. I think I will order one and hold off on the measurements until I get my first jacket, which should be within the next week. I'm thinking...fully canvassed, soft shoulders, patch pockets, 1/4 or maybe 3/8 lined, with light brown horn buttons. I would get a ton of wear out of that for probably 85% of the year here.

EDIT - I think I found a pic of the estate blue Hopsack made up, this looks great:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 29, 2015
    3 people like this.
  18. easy_golfing

when does the VBC pants promotion end? could we have until tomorrow night... not sure ill have a chance to order today :embar:

19. luxire

luxire Well-Known Member

The 4 VBC hopsack options are very unique. The weight, the feel, the weave are all very interesting. The colors are great too.

The weave is very Fresco like, but much more airy. Compared to the Fresco, the yarn is slightly thicker, making them not as see through.

At the offer price of $149.99, they are an amazing bargain.

20. CBrown85

CBrown85 Well-Known Member

I'd love a jacket but they don't have a copy of one for me on file, so I'll have to settle for some VCB flannels and mid greys.