• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

ybenizri

Reaction score
@breakaway01- thanks, this is helpful.

@althanis: piping in charcoal Grey on side pockets, back pockets, dupont pocket.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
My shirt arrived at the office this afternoon...

JezeC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
1) What type of half lining material is recommended? What are the options? Looking to construct a pair of pants in light-worsted wool.

2) Can somebody show me a picture of a shirt sleeve with a clean single fold rather than the standard two folds.

KingD

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Although I have been reading this forum for quite a while this is my first post. I have been following especially this thread as I am a very slim tall guy, with relatively broad shoulders. This has led to me normally getting shirts made on holiday in Asia, and now ordering from Luxire.

Although I am satisfied with the general fit and quality, compared to store bought shirts, I still think there are some good adjustments too be made before placing my next order, especially in my back. Below I posted some pictures, and I hope you can offer me some suggestions in what to alter to get a better fitting shirt. This would help me out a lot!

For your information I have already washed the shirt once, and it’s the sky blue summer chambray. I really like the color, but would prefer a bit paler blue shirt in my next order. And my current measurements are:

Chest 24.5
Waist 21.5
Bottem 23.5
Yoke 20.5
Sleeve Width 10
Rounded Arm Hole 11.75
Cuff 8.75
Length 33.5
Neck 16.5
Sleeve 39.25

Thanks a lot in advance!

Last edited:

inno

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Although I have been reading this forum for quite a while this is my first post. I have been following especially this thread as I am a very slim tall guy, with relatively broad shoulders. This has led to me normally getting shirts made on holiday in Asia, and now ordering from Luxire.

Although I am satisfied with the general fit and quality, compared to store bought shirts, I still think there are some good adjustments too be made before placing my next order, especially in my back. Below I posted some pictures, and I hope you can offer me some suggestions in what to alter to get a better fitting shirt. This would help me out a lot!

For your information I have already washed the shirt once, and it’s the sky blue summer chambray. I really like the color, but would prefer a bit paler blue shirt in my next order.

Thanks a lot in advance!

I'm not as knowledgeable as many of the posters here, but there seems to be a lot of excess cloth in the back. You could probably reduce the back chest, maybe 1-2"? (I don't know your measurements so can't really guess.) You could also reduce the back waist or add darts to tidy up the billows above your belt at the back.

There are probably smaller things you could tweak also, but I'll stay silent for fear of sending you in the wrong direction :)

In general, it looks pretty good.

Last edited:

KingD

Reaction score
I'm not as knowledgeable as many of the posters here, but there seems to be a lot of excess cloth in the back. You could probably reduce the back chest, maybe 1-2"? (I don't know your measurements so can't really guess.) You could also reduce the back waist or add darts to tidy up the billows above your belt at the back.

There are probably smaller things you could tweak also, but I'll stay silent for fear of sending you in the wrong direction :)

In general, it looks pretty good.

Thanks for your reply inno.
Maybe you can give me some more insight on this. But if I place an order now with the exact same measurements, however telling them to reduce my back chest and back waist both by 2'' would the complete front side of my shirt remain the same, and also my shoulders?

Suggestions from others, including on other alterations, are highly appreciated!

inno

Reaction score
As far as I'm aware, yes. I'm open to correction, however.

For example, say your first order had a chest measurement of 22" and a waist measurement of 19.5". In your second order, you remove 2" from both the back chest and back waist.

That means your front chest will be 22" and back chest will be 20", giving a total of 42". And your front waist will be 19.5" and your back waist 17.5" (total 37").

The yoke width isn't affected, so the shoulders will be the same. You'll have the same amount of cloth on the front of your body, so the side seams will stay in the right place, but there's less cloth below the yoke on the back. That pulls it in a little closer to your body and resolves the billowing. In theory.

When making the order, you can say 'Same measurements as order #1234, with the following changes: back chest -2", back waist -1".'

Edit: I'll also say, 2" is a big change and might be a risky move. Obviously you'll have a better idea yourself as you can see just how much extra cloth there is. Don't take hard numbers from a stranger on the internet :p

Last edited:

moopband

Reaction score
Is anyone having incredible difficulty getting responses from Theresa? I've gone 12 days without a response and now 7 days without a response. I love Luxire but in order for me to keep putting in orders I need some detail from their customer service.

KingD

Reaction score
Is anyone having incredible difficulty getting responses from Theresa? I've gone 12 days without a response and now 7 days without a response. I love Luxire but in order for me to keep putting in orders I need some detail from their customer service.
She replied to me within 12 hours, so maybe something went wrong there.

Last edited:

moopband

Reaction score
I've followed up multiple times and even tried messaging from a different email in case my other was getting blacklisted or something by their server. Just not having much luck.

GasparddeColigny

Reaction score

Has anyone ordered Spandexter's collar? Would love to see a few more pics if possible

Spandexter's collar on a test shirt, a very light poplin, in light blue (thank god). The collar is slightly asymmetrical, but I'm not going to complain about that when it's a 35$ test shirt.
I decreased the chest and waist size for this shirt by 0.5" but I will revert those changes, I will also add 1" to the hip measurements. The Arms feel slightly too long; some slight bunching, decreasing it by 0.5".
Lastly, I might take 0.25" off of the biceps. A MTM program as this is a perfectionist's heaven and hell all in one! :D

HughJ

Reaction score
Wish I saw the New Jersey shipping address before returning some pants to India. 7 weeks and counting....

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads