1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by luxire, Jun 20, 2012.

1. luxire

luxire Well-Known Member

There was a mismatch between the time it would take to make a pant vs. the time to make a shirt. this delayed some orders. Shirt orders are flowing fine.
    Will check these individual instances.

ardentfrost - Please PM me your query. My search for 2585 came with no resultant emails received.

2. luxire

luxire Well-Known Member

Most shirts orders are getting shipped in about 2 weeks. Feb 3rd orders are progress and should be shipped this week.

We capture payment when we actually start work. After that, the status directly changes from unfulfilled to shipped. Our system does not currently support intermittent status updates. The new one hopefully will.

1 person likes this.
  3. luxire

luxire Well-Known Member

As can be seen, the sides are curved to follow the natural contours of the body and thus remains flat.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  4. TehBunny

TehBunny Well-Known Member

What is the best OCBD collar roll you have gotten? I like the default Luxire offering but I think it would be better with longer points (same buttoning point?) and completely unlined. What is the best result you guys have achieved?

5. kcox68

kcox68 Well-Known Member

I've been wondering what the status of my order was as well and haven't had too much luck using the Chat feature on the website. I fully understand being backlogged and am very happy to wait for my order to be filled but I would suggest that Luxire either be responsive to their Chat Box or remove it. It becomes a little frustrating to have to watch the thing when no one responds for quite some time (or in my case today, not at all).

Good luck on catching up and remember it's better to have too much business than too little. [​IMG]

6. luxire

luxire Well-Known Member

We also have a contact us link on the site and if you do not get a response on the chat. Instead of removing the chat, I may just try to find a way to mark it as offline when we are not available.

7. kcox68

kcox68 Well-Known Member

That would be a good solution. I'm not generally impatient but I hadn't heard of the backlog until just now and the site said that orders were processed in three days so I was curious what the deal was but wasn't getting an answer directly. I'm good with waiting now that I know. Thanks.

8. luxire

luxire Well-Known Member

Contact Us is always better and more reliable. I can give you order specific information by email / PM.

9. luxire

luxire Well-Known Member

We would love to make an exact copy of this.

10. Xtra

Xtra Well-Known Member

Excellent, thanks for the quick update.

11. prozach1576

prozach1576 Well-Known Member

Ordered two more shirts today: pale mauve striped oxford and white purple graph checks.

12. nkhuong

nkhuong Member

Neat!

Anyway, I took some pics of me wearing my new shirt from Luxire. My 3rd attempt and I am still playing around with the measurements a bit here and there. If anyone can give suggestion on how to improve the fit, that would be appreciated. For this shirt, I think the cuffs are about an inch or 1 and 1/2 inch too small. I am also not sure how to fix the two crease lines on my shoulders. Should I reduce the york and chest both by another inch?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 12, 2013
  13. Lomby

Lomby New Member

What's the turnaround on pants looking like, if it's about two weeks for shirts as you said? I ordered about two weeks ago (January 27th), order 2617. I don't need the pants urgently, just eager to try them on and fiddle with the measurements and details.

Also just want to mention that I had great success with the live chat in getting my account email changed. Someone helped me within a minute or two and it was quite pleasant.

Thanks.

14. Louis XIV

Louis XIV Well-Known Member

You should wash your shirt before asking for fit advice imo.
    Why do you think the cuffs are too small?
    If I were you I'd worry more about the waist and hem measurement instead of the chest.
    I think you have too much fabric around your belt line.
    Have a look at following link and it's subitem 'Darts'.
    http://archive.constantcontact.com/fs018/1101478760242/archive/1102282662413.html
    In your place I would begin with reducing the back of the waist.

15. prozach1576

prozach1576 Well-Known Member

I would probably reduce the shoulder/yoke measurement by 0.5" (possibly up to 1"), bottom by 1 inch, chest by 0.5", and waist by 0.5." The first two adjustments are probably more necessary than the second two. The shoulders are slightly wide and it needs more taper, but the fit in the chest is arguably fine depending on how slim you like your shirts.

16. nkhuong

nkhuong Member

Sorry! I was just too eager to get some feedback. Will wash and iron my shirt next time.
    Shouldn't the cuffs fall about an inch more when buttoned? That's why I thought they are too small. Though I can still put two fingers in between the space of the cuffs.
    Thanks a lot for the article link! I actually read it some weeks before but now that you've mentioned the part about darts, I think I sort of get it now.
    But how do I tell Luxire to reduce fabric on the back of the waist (cutting the back seams smaller than the front seams)? And how much?
    This is the measurements of the shirt btw:
    Yoke: 17
    Chest: 20
    Waist: 17
    Bottom: 19
    Thank you! My body is currently quite slim and my chest is not so much bigger than my waist and hip. I think for the next order, I'll experiment with reducing the yoke and chest measurements until I got it right.

17. mp906

mp906 Well-Known Member

What shirt is that? And collar deets..

18. ardentfrost

ardentfrost New Member

Just got my delivery notice this morning. Thanks! I'm excited to receive my first order.

19. luxire

luxire Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  20. luxire

luxire Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.