1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by luxire, Jun 20, 2012.

1. thebrownman

thebrownman Well-Known Member

Thanks Jas. I have sent Luxire an email with an image of how this part of the jean has fallen apart. Perhaps this is an area Luxire can look into for greater QC on jeans going forward.

2. lachyzee

lachyzee Well-Known Member

Here are some pictures I took of Luxire Selvedge swatches. Thought I'd upload because those shown on the website are inaccurate. 14oz is bluer than the 13oz which is almost black.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  3. Aulis

Aulis Member

Got my first Luxire order yesterday. Can only add to the praise, way better quality than ModernTailor that I used previously. Will definitely go for some more (and also correct the minor measurements errors that I made).

4. ammanati

ammanati Well-Known Member

Photos and specification of the pique long sleeve polo would be very much appreciated

5. Henry Carter

Henry Carter Well-Known Member

Sure, will post some specs tomorrow but its in the wash now so pics probably not till next week. I've ordered another one in crimson today.

6. ammanati

ammanati Well-Known Member

Can you tell us now what measurements have you used for your polo shirt? How have you adjusted your regular shirt measurements, if so. Thank you

7. luxire

luxire Well-Known Member

Couple of shorts

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3 people like this.
  8. fridayfrenzy

fridayfrenzy Well-Known Member

9. luxire

luxire Well-Known Member

10. MGoCrimson

MGoCrimson Well-Known Member

Has anyone submitted a measurement for halfway between the waist measurement and bottom measurement for a shirt before? And if so, did it work out?

11. DarkDestiny

DarkDestiny Well-Known Member

^ I've specified measurements for every 2 inches down from the chest before. It's a bit weird but fits well. A smudge too tight when sitting down, but I can deal with it.

2 people like this.
  12. mayhoslaz

mayhoslaz Member

13. Henry Carter

Henry Carter Well-Known Member

I used my exact shirt measurements and just chose slim fit rather than regular fit. Only other alteration I made, apart from the polo/popover placket was to shorten the collar points on my usual collar by 1cm so it's not so business shirty, being worn open necked and all.

14. LuxireStudio

LuxireStudio Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    Denim Casual Shirt With Different Styling Details

3 people like this.
  15. cbfn

cbfn Well-Known Member

@Luxire, what is the darkest green cotton fabric for pants? I have a pair in military green that I am very happy with, but I cannot find a similar shade on the webpage.

16. eightace

eightace Well-Known Member

Hoping to order some pants from Luxire soon.

Can anyone advise whether any of their pants fabrics are brushed cotton?

17. hookem12387

hookem12387 Well-Known Member

I'm pretty positive they have moleskin, if that's what you mean.

1 person likes this.
  18. jko

jko Well-Known Member

Hey, these might be mine! Although I ordered them in Stone Twill Chino, otherwise identical. First impressions are good. They are in the wash now and will see how they fit after that. One issue I'm having is with the rivets — the copper ones might look good on jeans but I was hoping to get something a little more elegant for a fabric like this. The waist and fly buttons seem somehow cheap as well. Also, would have been nice if the rivets and buttons we're of the same material (or color). Do you have any other options for rivets and buttons? I'm considering a similar 5-pocket design in a dressy wool fabric.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2014
  19. GuP

GuP Well-Known Member

I am about 5'11" - what is a good shirt length to wear both tucked and untucked? 29inches?

20. emptym

emptym Well-Known Member

jko, I think they're having their own rivets and buttons made. I'm sending over some hemp denim for a test. I've long wanted to try hemp jeans, they're almost impossible to get in a non-ultrabaggy cut.