1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by luxire, Jun 20, 2012.

1. VRaivio

VRaivio Well-Known Member

Luxire, a few days ago I left an order along with a request for you to contact me. Please get in touch, you have my email address.

2. bik2101

bik2101 Well-Known Member

you can try to PM luxire here. I've had better luck getting information PM'ing luxire here than I have had with the contact form on their website.

3. luxire

luxire Well-Known Member

Some of us have been traveling since the last 4 days with limited email access.

Hence, a lot of mails, messages and PMs await reply. The will all be replied back within the next 48 hours.

Production has been on schedule and has not been affected by our unplanned travel.

4. luxire

luxire Well-Known Member

Mail sent. Apologies for the delay.

5. luxire

luxire Well-Known Member

We do have a darker shade of khaki, a little on the brownish side. Even the copper chino would fall in the spectrum.

We are constantly receiving new fabrics and if something is a better match, will let you know.

6. luxire

luxire Well-Known Member

Shipping is now free to Mexico on all orders.

7. Louis XIV

Louis XIV Well-Known Member

So shipping is free to all destinations not only the US and Canda from now on?
    Regarding recent delays, you said production was unaffected, was shipping unaffected as well?

8. joiji

joiji Well-Known Member

I think local shipping is free, shipping to most of the world is free >$100

9. luxire

luxire Well-Known Member

No, shipping has been revised for Mexico only.

The delay was only in the reply to emails. Everything else was unaffected.

10. Louis XIV

Eagerly awaiting the FedEx delivery guy ;)
    Could you share with us which circumstances qualify a country for free shipping?

11. luxire

luxire Well-Known Member

Our negotiated rates with the shipping companies. We should have free shipping on all orders worldwide later this year.

2 people like this.
  12. Xtra

Xtra Well-Known Member

That is excellent, even though the shipping now (to Norway) is not expensive it would be nice to get free shipping.

Do you have an estimate of what quarter of 2013 this will happen?

I will order a shirt or two from you before that, just wondering. :)

13. jimrude

jimrude Active Member

14. jaidog

jaidog Well-Known Member

Luxire,

I've been reading portions of this thread and am very interested in having a Luxire custom shirt made. While browsing through the materials, I see lots of different types:

| All | 100/2 | 100/2 With a Touch of Silk | 120/2 | 120/2 & Silk | 140/2 | 20/2 | 200/2 | 20s | 30/2 | 30s | 32/2 | 40/2 | 40s | 50s | 50s x 20/2 | 60/2 | 60s | 60s With a Touch of Silk | 70s | 70s With a Touch of Silk | 712 | 80/2 | 80s | 90s

I understand that the numbers above represent thread count, and in general, it seems that the higher the count, the more expensive the material. For my first shirt, I want to order a lower priced shirt. But, I still want a nice shirt. Should I avoid some of the materials with low thread counts such as 20s, 30s, 40s? I thought I read that good quality shirts have thread counts of 80 or higher? Is this not true? Is there any correlation between the thread count and thickness of the shirt or feel of the material?

Secondly, I find it hard to visualize what a shirt will look like just based on a photo of the material. Can you include photos of actual shirts for each fabric? I see this occasionally, but only for a few of the fabrics.

15. YourArsenal

YourArsenal Well-Known Member

While Luxire will no doubt give you a better answer than I could, thread count doesn't necessarily have anything to do with quality, so much as type of fabric. An oxford, for instance, will have a lower thread count than fine poplins, without being an inferior fabric – just different. Also, high thread count doesn't necessarily mean nice fabric. A high quality 100 will be nicer than a bad 140, etc. Doesn't matter how tightly you weave shitty thread.

16. luxire

luxire Well-Known Member

Difficult to answer. Lot of external dependencies.

The collar is our standard Semi Spread with unfused, light lining.

17. luxire

luxire Well-Known Member

Agree with YourArsenal.

A lot of factors determine the quality of the fabric, the count is just one of them.

The good part about buying a Luxire shirt is that you would not get a poor quality shirt at any price or of any count. Some of our best fabrics are priced at 59.99

For the first shirt, the Lustrous Fine White can be called a safe bet. Easy to visualize too.

I agree. It is a work in progress.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2013
  18. Louis XIV

Apart from light interlining, do you also offer superlight/supersoft interlining?

19. luxire

luxire Well-Known Member

1 person likes this.