• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The undershirt argument crops up every once in a while on SF. Short of a genuine excessive perspiration problem, I think most people will just tend to do whatever they're used to, and like the feel of. Personally I don't wear one, and don't find any problem due to that absence. Of course, I live in a temperate climate and live a sedentary lifestyle, so I guess I don't really get into particularly sweat-prone situations often.

Xtra

Reaction score
Anyone got some pictures of the various Luxire Selvedge denim colours in the wild?

Sure.

On the left: 13 oz raw indigo. On the right: 13 oz dark indigo. Very happy with both pair, but the dark indigo one gets a lot more use by me.

There is a beginning tear by the crotch area in the 13 oz raw indigo (bought mid-june 2013), which is a bit disappointing as they haven't seen that much use. I've experienced the same with a lot of other jeans, also jeans by Levi's, but I had hoped that Luxire would be better in that area. I don't know but one might expect that from jeans.

The tear isn't noticeable now, but will probably need attention by a seamstress in the near future. Anyone else with the same experience?

Last edited:

02///M3

Reaction score
are both those pairs "raw" or is the dark indigo like a one-wash? anyone know if any of the selvedge luxire jeans are washed prior to being cut?

Xtra

Reaction score
are both those pairs "raw" or is the dark indigo like a one-wash? anyone know if any of the selvedge luxire jeans are washed prior to being cut?

I'm just going by Luxires listings of jeans. 14/13 oz dark indigo and 13 oz raw are the options, and I've got 13 oz raw and 13 oz dark indigo.

lachyzee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for that, Xtra.

Has your experience with both in terms of shrinkage been the same as quoted on the order page?

ie "Expect 1.0" shrinkage in length, 0.25" in waist, hips. Adjust measurements accordingly"

How has the colour bleed been on the raws? Anything else to note?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In terms of Selvedge Luxire Denim (http://luxire.com/products/luxire-selvedge-custom-jeans), from what I have gathered from various soruces:

14/13 oz dark indigo have an indigo wash, and are sanforized.

13 oz raw is unsanforized.

Both will shrink in the terms described above.

All the denim can be pre soaked or washed to get out any shrinkage before they are made into jeans, if you like.

You can pay an extra $20 to have them put through a heavy wash.

Hope that's accurate.

Given that I understand you're supposed to soak unsanforized denim prior to wearing, I think asking Luxire to do that before cutting the denim into jeans is probably a good idea, and is what I plan on doing.

Last edited:

7_rocket

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone know when the new website is being launched? It would be great if they could list your measurements.

02///M3

Reaction score
Thanks for the info lachyzee; very helpful. Thanks as well Xtra.

Last edited:

Nakedsnake

Reaction score
Have anyone ordered a pair of the Olive Green Canvas Pants? I'm loking for a pair of olive chinos this summer, and was wondering if these would fit the bill. I'd want something like Epaulet's rivet chino, but they just have way too short a rise for me, and I wouldnt mind a touch more room in the thigh either.

Luxire told me they carry an olive ripstop, but that its a very heavy duty material, and I don't know if that would work for what I want it for. Does anyone have the khaki ripstop, and care to comment?

burnso

Reaction score
No under shirt here, because I would cook, and don't care about sweat marks throughout day.

But, an old dog imparted some shirt care wisdom which I have found invaluable:

- end of each day put shirt in bucket of cold water until wash day (prevent stains)

- hand wash shirt when travelling, stuck overnight or don't trust that dodgy looking washer (blood-temp warm water, no soap, hand wash and squeeze/ slosh lightly for a few minutes, roll-dry in towel, air dry)
... did this in the hand basin of hotels while travelling and was perfect /mypreciousLuxire

Spurious

Reaction score

Sure. On the left: 13 oz raw indigo. On the right: 13 oz dark indigo. Very happy with both pair, but the dark indigo one gets a lot more use by me. There is a beginning tear by the crotch area in the 13 oz raw indigo (bought mid-june 2013), which is a bit disappointing as they haven't seen that much use. I've experienced the same with a lot of other jeans, also jeans by Levi's, but I had hoped that Luxire would be better in that area. I don't know but one might expect that from jeans. The tear isn't noticeable now, but will probably need attention by a seamstress in the near future. Anyone else with the same experience?
Anyone got a picture of the 14oz Dark Indigo? If I am not mistaken, it looks like there is a significant difference in how the 13oz dark indigo and the 14oz one look.

Nakedsnake

Reaction score
Yes, I have. I can take a photo later tonight when I get home. The colour is not so "olive" though in my opinion, more a lime/avocado lightish green. I was in the same situation as you and am still looking for the perfect Olive chinos.

Thanks, that would be great. And that's unfortunate that they don't fit the bill perfectly. If thats the case, i'll end up spending my $100 on that navy chambray brembana shirt that is sublime.

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Two interesting, new and unique items: The Noragi and a shawl collar cardigan.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads