1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by luxire, Jun 20, 2012.

1. cbfn

cbfn Well-Known Member

Squats and deadlifts has caused my problems with pants.

1 person likes this.
  2. MGoCrimson

MGoCrimson Well-Known Member

Anterior tilt isn't so much a result of strong hip flexors as it is a condition that almost always involves tight/shortened hip flexors. Keeping up with soft tissue and mobility work takes a lot of time but I really believe it's worth the effort. It will lead to better athletic performance, make you less prone to injury, and maybe even make your pants look better. What's there to lose?

Crunches and leg raises are pretty terrible exercises for abdominal strength development -- partially because it involves the hip flexors, partially because muscle contraction activity isn't very high. Remember the role of your abdominal muscles is to stabilize the spine, not put your spine into flexion.

If posture issues aren't structural in nature you should always try to correct them.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2014
    4 people like this.
  3. althanis

althanis Well-Known Member

Those are great results, but I'm not sure what the solution was. Did you remeasure after the pinning and then sent those new measurements?

4. mrjester

mrjester Well-Known Member

After trying on the botched pants, I pinned the excess fabric, chalked the lines, unpinned, measured what I took up, estimated what I needed to add to the fork, sent it to Luxire, and kept all fingers crossed for a long while.

5. Turner

Turner Well-Known Member

4 people like this.
  6. mrjester

mrjester Well-Known Member

What are your thoughts on that blue gingham there? The double-faced(ish) fabric? I'm hesitant to order it, but am open to a further review... wrinkle tests, how breathable it is, texture, how it feels on skin, etc..

Thanks man! Awesome pictures.

7. Dingusberry

Dingusberry Well-Known Member

Is it stiff, thick or comfortable against the skin? I really like the colour of the fabric.

8. Turner

Turner Well-Known Member

I like the texture and the characteristics of the Gingham. I has a rumpeld and slubby look like linen, but doesn't wrinkle very much. The creases aren't sharp but rather soft and rounded, if that does make sense. Feels good to the skin and is probably quite breathable. It is probably a good isulator (think of mineral wool), which sounds conterproductive, but might help staying cool when wearing in direct sunlight and it's airyness prevents overheating.

I think the unique advantage as a summer fabric might be it's moisture wicking capability. The fabric is rather voluminous because of the two layers, so I imagine it's capable of absorbing relative large amounts of moisture and therefore wearing very dry in hot and humid days. Probably it doesn't show moisture stains as much as single layer fabrics.

The biggest disadvantage might be the durability. The layers feel quite delicate, I think both are high twisted yarns so it might be comparable to Voile in this aspect. I have no experience with Voile, but I think it is not very robust to mechanical stress. The stiching of the two layers is also quite delicate and the distance between two stitches seems rather big. I don't know what will happen if the layers separate after some time of wear. Maybe it will become a pain to iron (which is probably not intended), maybe it will drape even better, I don't know. The fabric seems to distort quite easily, which makes it even more casual.

Not stiff or thick, but dense and crisp. Relativly heavy, definitly not a summer fabric. It seems like it has some sheen, but it will probably disappear after a few washes. All in feels about the same as the Navy Denim Chambray, but is a bit less slubby and lighter in color (more "blue").

[​IMG]
    Left: Navy Denim Chambray Right: Casual Denim Shirt

[​IMG]
    Clockwise starting top left: Denim Shirt, Indigo Chambray Light and Airy, Blue Denim Slubby Chambray

I would really like to get the two made into shirts, but so little space in the closet and so much nice fabrics. There are a few before those two, like the Blue Chambray Linen, Cotton Linen Blue Chambray, Blue Denim Slubby Chambray, Navy White Gingham Classic Oxford and Dark Green Gigham Oxford

Last edited: Apr 24, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  9. Iipe

Iipe Well-Known Member

Does Luxire account for the shrinkage of the fabrics by default?

Or should I add a requirement to add extra length to the dimensions based on the used fabric so that the shirts would have the given measurements after 2-3 washes? I have some lower quality MTM shirts and sometimes some fabrics shrink unxpectedly.

10. Osiris2012

Osiris2012 Well-Known Member

I believe the fabrics are prewashed to prevent this although some members have mentioned some shrinkage, I haven't noticed any with mine so far.

Yes from Luxires website

Quote: http://luxire.com/pages/quality-and-satisfaction

11. Iipe

Iipe Well-Known Member

Great, thanks. I could have found that piece of text if I would have even tried :)

12. Macs

Macs Well-Known Member

I have just received my pants from Luxire. They should have been here yesterday but they were kept on hold at the custom for an inspection
    [​IMG]

I do not have the chance to try them on right now so I have to wait until tonigth when back home. Anyway I am definitely pleased with the quality of the fabric and the pant's construction and details. All of my requests have been taken care of. Can't wait to try them on!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    The swatches that I requested were included in the package
    [​IMG]

13. luxire

luxire Well-Known Member

Behind the GQ look:

[​IMG]

6 people like this.
  14. zeBanker

zeBanker Well-Known Member

Love it
    knowing and seeing indeed differs

15. NOBD

NOBD Well-Known Member

Last edited: Apr 25, 2014
    7 people like this.
  16. Bonney

Bonney Well-Known Member

I am very pleased with the Luxire site, soon I will ordering some linen shirts, they look really nice

17. MacGuffen

MacGuffen Well-Known Member

Would the NOBD 1 collar work with a higher neck-band (1.75")?

18. Suit of Nettles

Suit of Nettles Well-Known Member

Maybe it ought to go without saying, but that is bloody perfect.

19. Dingusberry

Dingusberry Well-Known Member

Is this the right way to order swatches?
    1. Add the swatches' names in the cart overview: e.g.: Casual Denim Shirt, Navy Denim Cambray etc.
    2. After I've paid for the shirts, I go to additional service and pay for the number of swatches. How do I pay for the swatches if I am going to order 18 swatches? Do I have to first pay for the $10, then $5 and $1 3x times?