1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by luxire, Jun 20, 2012.

1. luxire

luxire Well-Known Member

2. Osiris2012

Osiris2012 Well-Known Member

Fantastic to see some darker options in those fabrics luxire

3. lukejackson

lukejackson Well-Known Member

Recently someone posted about a test shirt fabric. I never knew about this. Is there a test pants fabric? I feel like pants have more margin for error, but maybe I'm wrong.

4. luxire

luxire Well-Known Member

The one am really excited about is the indigo linen. It is of a supremely high quality and will make a great shirt. I can imagine it with matching buttons.

Something like in the image(Non-Luxire) below:

[​IMG]

...and not hide my current fascination for ladies shirts, something like this:

[​IMG]

3 people like this.
  5. Osiris2012

Osiris2012 Well-Known Member

Nice find Luxire, Is the fabric a close match to that because the above looks awesome and relaxed.

6. althanis

althanis Well-Known Member

Those are some great fabrics. There's only so much space in my wardrobe, and so many things I can actually wear though.

I think it's kind of the guy to be holding his girlfriend's bag while she's taking the photo.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2014
  7. yankeegooner

yankeegooner Well-Known Member

I received my first Luxire order and could not be more pleased. I ordered the obligatory Sky blue OCBD. The turnaround was only 11 days and the construction and finishing is pretty good. Every custom detail was executed as requested. I am lining up my next order.

8. althanis

2 people like this.
  9. TheTukker

TheTukker Well-Known Member

Put in my (first) pants order two weeks ago, but haven't received email confirmation and the website says status is unfilled. What's the normal wait these days?

10. SeamasterLux

SeamasterLux Well-Known Member

3-4 weeks for trousers

11. Spurious

Spurious Well-Known Member

I thought google did this automatically?

12. TheTukker

TheTukker Well-Known Member

Got it - many thanks!

13. Displacement

Displacement Well-Known Member

Has anyone successfully duplicated the Barba cutaway? I saw one a few pages back but it sounded like it wasn't the result he was looking for.

14. Holdfast

Holdfast Well-Known Member

Really cool to see some tropical colours arriving; I've been thinking I need a couple of casual summer shirts and some of those look awesome.

15. NOBD

NOBD Well-Known Member

Yes, linen time is coming! :)

[​IMG]

12 people like this.
  16. EFV

EFV Well-Known Member

Ordered my first pair of Luxire pants today. I hope I nailed the fit on the first try.

I went with this fabric:
    [​IMG]

and asked them to try to replicate this model (I chose reverse pleat though):
    [​IMG]

Will post pic of the result.

2 people like this.
  17. althanis

Is that fabric the chocolate duck canvas? I am just wondering how close they'll be able to get as the "target" pants appears to be wool, which drapes a lot differently?

18. EFV

EFV Well-Known Member

Correct, it is chocolate duck canvas. Yeah, I'm not expecting them to drape or fall as great as the "target" pants, since the cloth is probably lighter as well. I can't imagine the fabric being so flimsy that they turn out a complete disaster though, since it's described as sort of rough.

I like this pant model and I need summer pants that work with a lot of the stuff in my wardrobe.

19. fridayfrenzy

fridayfrenzy Well-Known Member

Pics with no details!

You have to know the next question is...

What are the fabrics?

20. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Well-Known Member

I have a pair of chocolate duck canvas chinos shipping out any day now. Although, I'm on vacation all next week, so I won't get them until I return on Apr 7. These seemed to be almost the exact same fabric that Epaulet uses on their duck canvas Rivet chinos. I have some of those, but I find they're a little too slim and the rise is too low for me, so I'm trying to have Luxire copy that exact style, only with bigger thighs/seat and a higher rise. I'll write a review once I get them, but if they're the same fabric as Epaulet uses, they start off pretty stiff and coarse, but they break in nicely and soften up with each wear and wash. Are you planning in dry cleaning yours only? With the style you're looking to replicate, it might be a bad idea to throw them in the washing machine.

1 person likes this.