1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by luxire, Jun 20, 2012.

1. luxire

luxire Well-Known Member

Hooded Parka made in Luxire Grey Flannel with removable quilted lining.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9 people like this.
  2. dreamspace

dreamspace Well-Known Member

Hi, could you post some pictures of suits you've made?

3. Rincon

Rincon Well-Known Member

You should probably be sure of your feelings before you post in haste and possibly impact a business's online reputation.

4. emptym

emptym Well-Known Member

Amazing jacket, Ashish. You guys are already really popular around here, but with unlimited options for customization and the recent additions of Grand and Rubinelli, Brisbane Moss, Ventile, and shoes, we may soon have to rename this "Luxireforum"!

Last edited: Feb 18, 2014
  5. clapeyron

clapeyron Well-Known Member

I think it's time that Luxire conquers the SW&D crowd.

Simply buy bulks of black virgin wool and black viscose and black leather basically stick to black in different textures and offer to replicate Damir Doma Silent, Rick Ownes and Yoji Yamamoto. The SW&D crowd will never complain that something is not "fitted" enough and will never complain about having too much fabric somewhere they love voluminous, drapy silhouettes.

I wonder how easy it would be to draft up a pattern for drop crotch pants...

1 person likes this.
  6. clapeyron

Luxire to me is one of the greatest gems in this forum along with viccel and sam hober.

Great quality paired with great service. A business that really listens and makes proper use of their client base.

5 people like this.
  7. iamacyborg

iamacyborg Well-Known Member

I'm getting some trousers made based on some Lanvin's I own, very much SW&D, though not particularly drapey. Also, a huge black scarf.

8. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Well-Known Member

If I remember correctly someone came in here maybe 6 or 8 months ago and asked about getting drop crotch pants made.

9. clapeyron

navy chambray by brembana. I absolutely love this cloth:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

As soon as my Luxire Oxford shirt drops in I'll order a BD made with this fabric.

I can recommend this for all the blond haired people out there. It's an ideal F/W/S fabric for casual outfits for cool skin tone types.

2 people like this.
  10. Skyhigh

Skyhigh Active Member

11. mrjester

mrjester Well-Known Member

:EEK:

Can't wait for mine. Ordered it about a week ago. Should be shipping soon, I guess. I'm not blonde but I'm sure it'll be just fine :)

12. 7_rocket

7_rocket Well-Known Member

You're on the list for shoes right? Have you gotten a price?

13. NOBD

NOBD Well-Known Member

Same here. Almost feels like a cotton flannel. Very nice blue too.

14. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Well-Known Member

Yep, shoes are $200 for this first initial run, not sure yet how much the price will increase on future runs. They said that 2-3 people got in but I haven't seen anyone else post about it here since then.

15. Dingusberry

Dingusberry Well-Known Member

How is the fabric? Is it soft? I have never experienced chambray before.

1 person likes this.
  16. JW Cyrus

JW Cyrus Active Member

For those of you asking about http://custom.luxire.com/products/navy-linen-chambray my shirts arrived last week and I thought I'd share some pictures and thoughts

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The color on my monitor is a bit more grey than the actual shirt, but the fabric is best described as a navy gray rather than navy.

As for the fabric itself, the finish out of the box can be best described as somewhere between your grandmother's favorite woolen blanket that was easily mistaken for a fire ant colony and a cat caressing your flesh with its claws. It was the first shirt in a long time I was unable to wear without an undershirt, which is somewhat disappointing. On the other hand the fabric seemed to relax considerably with each wash and I'm sure with time will be as comfortable as your favorite pair of 10 year old jeans.

So the answer to whether I would recommend the fabric is yes, with a big, pulsing asterisk next to the yes that assumes that you understand that this is a shirt that you're going to have to work with to get the most out of.

4 people like this.
  17. burnso

burnso Well-Known Member

18. CosmeDaniel

CosmeDaniel Well-Known Member

Just received my first shirt from Luxire. Pleased with the feel and weight of the fabric.

One question though, is the horizontal button hole on the placket a standard feature?

19. Patrick R

Patrick R Well-Known Member

Yes. All of my shirts have it.

20. PapaRubbery

PapaRubbery Well-Known Member

It's ideal too - gives the shirt a small amount of movement as your waist size varies throughout the day.

Having shirts without it annoys me.