1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by luxire, Jun 20, 2012.

1. timotune

timotune Well-Known Member

Just ordered another shirt today. This time it will have the premium MOP buttons :)

2. NOBD

NOBD Well-Known Member

Yes, that's what I thought... I don't want that! :)

Three including the top button? I don't want that! :)

Expect one :).

3. Holdfast

Holdfast Well-Known Member

I'm minded to agree that with trousers there's a greater scope for the cutter to interpret measurements in different ways. Or rather, in an ideal world, we'd be required to submit some other/extra measurements that would reduce the amount of interpretation Luxire need to apply to the measurements to create the trousers.

My personal experience is biased, since while I had bespoke shirts to measure, I only had bespoke braced trousers and wanted to order belted trousers. But given that, I managed to get perfectly-fitting shirts but wasn't really able to nail down a perfect belted trouser fit, despite a few attempts. I now plan to get a pair of bespoke belted trousers from my normal tailor and then send them to Luxire for replication instead.

In other news, I love getting that Shipping Confirmation email. And just 2 weeks from order to shipping; excellent turnaround time!

1 person likes this.
  4. 7_rocket

7_rocket Well-Known Member

I just put in a order for the pale pink oxford. Can't wait.

PS you guys shouldn't really bash new member's for posting their custom shirts from luxire. Not everyone will like the same classic menswear clothing.

2 people like this.
  5. CruzAzul

CruzAzul Well-Known Member

It took me 5 years to reach post #1000 here on SF and I can't think of a better way to celebrate it than with some Luxire p0rn. My goal here was to create the perfect cold-weather travel pants, which for me means warm but soft wool, a bit more dressy than your usual casual trousers, and with flat buttoned pockets for securely carrying a phone, money, passport, room keycard, etc. These are custom cargos in grey Dugdale Yorkshire Tweed. They turned out perfectly.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15 people like this.
  6. cbfn

cbfn Well-Known Member

Yep.

7. Jorme

Jorme Active Member

I deleted the images because I felt very unwelcome with some of the rude comments on the forum. I have very little tolerance for nonconstructive comments masquerading as "criticism" and had little desire to leave the images on the forum to fuel the flaming. Several members asked for them to be re-posted so here they are.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I was excited to get my shirt and impressed with Luxire's execution so I wanted to share the process from my sketch to the finished product, which is what I'm trying to do with all the shirts I order. I enjoy illustration so I simply applied it to sketching out a shirt design, as I have seen some other members do on the forum.

The important thing is that Luxire is not tied to any particular style, although its been adopted by the classically leaning folks on this site I think other styles can be represented as well. I personally do not wear classic menswear as is traditionally posted on the forum. I enjoy wearing more workwear inspired clothing, especially brands like Engineered Garments. Luxire lets me play with some of the details I like, even though they may not all be combined successfully, I find them quite useful for my daily office/field grind.... its also a fun little design exercise.

I welcome feedback, however, saying something is just "pretty bad" is not constructive for anyone. Thanks for the interest.

12 people like this.
  8. Osiris2012

Osiris2012 Well-Known Member

Welcome to the boards mate, shirts not my cup of tea but glad you're happy with Luxires service and found your way here.

Whilst I share your sentiment regarding constructive comments at the end of the day its the internet and you post pictures people are going to comment and some may be less than subtle and less than constructive, that is the nature of opinions. I don't say that to dissuade you from posting in fact hope you do keep posting and sharing your pics but just set your expectations accordingly.

2 people like this.
  9. DarkDestiny

DarkDestiny Well-Known Member

It's styleforum. There are going to be people opposed to certain styles and other people that dig it. Some people express it in more positive ways than others, but it's not something you should mind. You put a lot of work into it, and it's an interesting shirt. I imagine you'd wear it with so much pride, you'd make a lion bow down to you.

Quick question though, what'd you use to draft the shirt?

4 people like this.
  10. johanm

johanm Well-Known Member

Shirt looks cool to me. Try posting it on the SW&D side. It's a good example of Luxire's capability for executing unconventional designs.

3 people like this.
  11. iamacyborg

iamacyborg Well-Known Member

Agreed. It's a shame Luxire is here in the CM side of the forum. I'm getting them to make me a couple of unconventional pieces and it's really good to see them doing stuff that isn't just the same old thing.

2 people like this.
  12. Jorme

Jorme Active Member

Thank you, I dont post online often and I'm not really used to it yet, but your totally right its the nature of internet anonymity.
    Thanks, I use Adobe Illustrator for these types of things. The idea is to convey a design idea to the tailor and then I suppose they properly draft a pattern by hand or in CAD. I usually just trace a picture of a shirt as a base to get the proportions right then go from there.

13. An Acute Style

An Acute Style Well-Known Member

I deleted the images because I felt very unwelcome with some of the rude comments on the forum. I have very little tolerance for nonconstructive comments masquerading as "criticism" and had little desire to leave the images on the forum to fuel the flaming. Several members asked for them to be re-posted so here they are.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I was excited to get my shirt and impressed with Luxire's execution so I wanted to share the process from my sketch to the finished product, which is what I'm trying to do with all the shirts I order. I enjoy illustration so I simply applied it to sketching out a shirt design, as I have seen some other members do on the forum.

The important thing is that Luxire is not tied to any particular style, although its been adopted by the classically leaning folks on this site I think other styles can be represented as well. I personally do not wear classic menswear as is traditionally posted on the forum. I enjoy wearing more workwear inspired clothing, especially brands like Engineered Garments. Luxire lets me play with some of the details I like, even though they may not all be combined successfully, I find them quite useful for my daily office/field grind.... its also a fun little design exercise.

I welcome feedback, however, saying something is just "pretty bad" is not constructive for anyone. Thanks for the interest.

I like the shirt. I catch a good amount of flak for my clothes around here too. I'd really like to see how you incorporate the shirt in an outfit. Some people don't have the imagination to see how something like this can work. Seeing is believing. Best.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2014
    5 people like this.
  14. jko

jko Well-Known Member

I like my casual collars with soft or no underlining but the problem with those is that sometimes the collar lays flat (I don't wear them with a jacket or a tie).

Do you guys think it would make sense to have a collar band with medium lining, and a collar leaf with no lining? That way the collar band would stay up and the leaf would just hang there in all its casualness. Luxire, what say you?

15. althanis

althanis Well-Known Member

The fit of the pants looks good, but I'm having trouble reconciling a no-break, perfectly creased wool trouser with cargo pockets. A pants with an identify crisis if I may say so without sounding rude.

1 person likes this.
  16. sugarbutch

sugarbutch Well-Known Member

I know we're not supposed to like the cargo pockets, but those look pretty sharp. I don't really see the identity crisis. It's a chunky wool.

17. archibaldleach

archibaldleach Well-Known Member

@Jorme, glad you decided to repost those. Definitely not quite my cup of tea as my tastes run very much towards traditional or classic menswear, but it is cool to see the variety of things that an operation like Luxire is capable of producing. I'm curious about the shirt pocket, though. Maybe it's just my eye and general preference for symmetry, but I'd think the shirt would look better with a pocket that was not rotated 90 degrees.

18. Turner

Turner Well-Known Member

It depends on the fabric. I ordered two shirts with an unlined Mercer collar and lightly lined, unfused collar band. The collar stand was very good, but these were rather thick fabrics (Classic Blue Oxford, Red Oxford). When ordering thinner fabrics, I would go with a soft unfused collar lining and a medium unfused collar band. I ordered two shirts made of thin fabrics (Easy to Iron Chambray, Popeline) and a completely unlined collar and the collar is to floppy, even without a coat. I don't think just a lined collar band would have been enough.

19. europrep

europrep Well-Known Member

I have no problem with the pants. The cargo pockets make sense given their purpose.

1 person likes this.
  20. Jorme

Jorme Active Member

Perhaps. I got the idea from a flannel shirt own where the pockets are attached with the pattern rotated, so wanted to try something like that but with an oxford fabric. I tend to like more asymmetrical things, but maybe the shirt pattern would work better with a solid fabric.