1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by luxire, Jun 20, 2012.

1. NOBD

NOBD Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

3 people like this.
  2. pyroxyze

pyroxyze Well-Known Member

Awesome, and assuming the NOBD collar, which version?

Edit: Which particular fabric is this?

Last edited: Jan 11, 2014
  3. NOBD

NOBD Well-Known Member

Number 2.

Fabric is 24 Wale Dark Indigo Corduroy. Not on the website.

1 person likes this.
  4. dohare

dohare Well-Known Member

just pulled the trigger on a pair of grey wool flannel pants, sending my pants out today for measurements. fingers crossed, really bummed I missed out on the navy flannel.

1 person likes this.
  5. razl

razl Well-Known Member

Shirt looks great, but even if it didn't I'm such a sucker for navy and medium grey.

6. An Acute Style

An Acute Style Well-Known Member

bummed about that navy flannel too. I'm looking forward to getting a pair of camel flannel after my first pair of pants come in the next week or two.

7. archibaldleach

archibaldleach Well-Known Member

If you have an existing garment that fits and that you don't mind being without while Luxire is making your new shirt, this is probably the best way to get a good fit. If necessary, you can even have Luxire make adjustments to their replication of your shirt by noting changes. It seems in most cases you get a slightly better shirt on the first attempt if Luxire has a model to work with vs. simply using measurements.

8. clapeyron

clapeyron Well-Known Member

12 people like this.
  9. NOBD

NOBD Well-Known Member

:laugh:

10. Gibonius

Gibonius Well-Known Member

There have been a few in this thread.

11. dohare

dohare Well-Known Member

just a suggestion - it would be awesome to receive credit on a future purchase for sending in a quality action picture of a certain shirt/pant fabric to be added to the fabric listing if it doesn't already have one, the swatch pictures are nice but action pictures make it much easier to click the order button. something small $5-10 would be awesome.

12. CruzAzul

CruzAzul Well-Known Member

Read the footer of literally any Luxire post, sport. :D

2 people like this.
  13. Louis XIV

Louis XIV Well-Known Member

Clapey, it'd be interesting for me to know how tall the rear collar height is for your rear collar band height of 45mm.

Also, what's the reason you went for the green collar (except for the rounded points), your favorite it seems, instead of the orange one that was recommended to you by the vast majority of people in your Oneshirt poll?

Thanks!

14. burghler

burghler Well-Known Member

That would be good enough. I've specified this a couple times and my directions were always followed. But I wouldn't recommend no tie space unless your collar is wide spread to cutaway. More modest spreads need a little tie space so the the tie does not ride down throughout the day unless tightly cinched. I have a couple shirts without tie space and find them somewhat uncomfortable due to this issue.

15. NOBD

NOBD Well-Known Member

16. dohare

dohare Well-Known Member

oh wow, this HAD to be a subconscious thought that escaped, I must have forgot they actually did that...ahaha tax season is already killing my mental state.

1 person likes this.
  17. Patrick R

Patrick R Well-Known Member

If I am trying to mimic the structure of my Brooks Brothers OCBD collars and cuffs, what would my instruction be? Medium weight fused lining?

18. clapeyron

clapeyron Well-Known Member

On 8th of January I put in an order for the Navy Chambray, however I expect the turnaround time to be slightly longer due to me having also ordered my first pair of Luxire jeans in 14.oz selvedge denim.

Will provide pictures once they arrive.

@luxire feel free to use any and all of the pictures, I've posted of your gear on my divine body, in this thread:
    http://www.styleforum.net/t/304965/lightbox/user/157592

I've expected more from you as a fellow engineer, the scan of the collar represents a two dimensional vector space. You are given sufficient geometric entities with both their respective direction and magnitude to calculate every distance on the image by simple cross multiplication.

The rear collar is 58mm high.

as stated here:
    http://www.styleforum.net/t/354972/das-oneshirt-poll-inside/0_100#post_6475462

I prefer the green collar, especially when worn open. My first two shirts are both casual oxfords, the next shirt is navy chambray, as soon as I order a proper business shirt, I'll likely change the opening angle to 106° and lengthen the collar points.

Soon I'll have my own collar series, just like @NOBD . All I need to do now is to come up with a catchy name.

• The perfect curve collar- The perv collar.
    • The No Button Down collar or NO_BD collar.
    • DER KURVENHAIFISCHKRAGEN MIT HOHEM KRAGENBAND.

Suggestions welcome...

4 people like this.
  19. aravenel

aravenel Well-Known Member

Clapey, you are awesome. Thanks for the scan and measurements.

Also, I vote for the third naming option. Must be in all caps because, well, it's German.

20. PiCcolocV

PiCcolocV Well-Known Member

• The Clap

[​IMG]

2 people like this.