• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Doc, I am disappoint. There's not a single leery item in the bunch.

haganah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
NM. Answered my own question and realized if you click on your order number you can see the fedex tracking number.

Last edited:

Louis XIV

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Luxire, regarding your selvedge denim fabrics, how much stretch is to expect from them?

Am I save to assume the inseam will shrink approximately 1/2 inch on the initial wash, while the waist will stretch out 1 inch and thighs and knees 1/8 to 1/4 inch each?

Last edited:

table21

Reaction score
Well first shirt came in today. Way too tight all over. I love the button/button hole combo they just seem to fit right. Also the collar turned out right.

Key problems:

-way to tight in the arm hole openings its pulling the whole shirt.

-A bit too tight on the sleeves width, might need another 1/4" in sleeve length too

-needs to be let out in the waste, and I am not sure If I got a measurement mixed up or if something was messed up on there end but the hips need to be let out like 4", they are slimmer than the waste.

-The one that I don't really know how to fix is the back of the shirt I seem to have a C shape pull going from shoulder to shoulder running along the yoke about an inch back of the collar (at the center) and ending at the front of the shoulders. I tried showing it in pic 3 but its a but tricky.

finally shirt is about 2-3" too long imo.

What do you guys think?

Last edited:

Thanks SF (a new me)

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
imo, front/back chest too tight. Why don't you xref the measurements you provided vs. the actual shirt? Take a seat. If your buttons are gaping, then "WAIST" :)D) is too tight.

Last edited:

table21

Reaction score
imo, front/back chest too tight. Why don't you xref the measurements you provided vs. the actual shirt? Take a seat. If your buttons are gaping, then "WAIST" (
biggrin.gif
) is too tight.

its funny they dont really gape at the waste when I sit but its hard to tell because I can't close the bottom button (or two if they are over a pair of jeans)

question? Where do I find the measurements I gave them? I was looking if I had a profile or something on the site but I can seem to find it.

Last edited:

koor

Reaction score
I just got a denim jacket and a pair of grey flannel pants. Pleased with the jacket. Pants have to go back (long drawn out story that I won't get into). I just wanted to mention to anyone thinking of ordering the 99.99 flannel pants. They are incredibly thick. Think of material used for an overcoat. These pants are thicker than all of the other tweed, donegal, wool and other winter weight pants I own. This is great for some, not so great for others.

TTO

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Luxire, do you have access to Porter and Harding 'Thornproof' tweeds?
-TTO

YRR92

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anybody try one of the RTW shirts they have on clearance? I'd like one, but only if the fit is at least a touch slimmer than BB slim fit.
Nobody has, I guess? I hate to be the guy who bumps his own post like this, but final sale is final sale.

topos

Reaction score
Nobody has, I guess? I hate to be the guy who bumps his own post like this, but final sale is final sale.

have you looked at their size chart? presumably you can compare these to whatever shirts you have that fit the way you like. the size measurements look like pretty full-fitting shirts, at least for me.

YRR92

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
have you looked at their size chart? presumably you can compare these to whatever shirts you have that fit the way you like. the size measurements look like pretty full-fitting shirts, at least for me.
Wow, can't believe I missed that size chart. I'd agree, those are some pretty large numbers. Oh well.

archibaldleach

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just got my latest order. The 16 ounce cavalry twill fabrics make up into a very nice pair of trousers. I'll try to post pictures at some point when I get them back from being pressed. Looking forward to trying the new flannels as well.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads