1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by luxire, Jun 20, 2012.

1. kayhill

kayhill Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Got my first custom denim shirt and of course it's Luxire!
    More here.

1 person likes this.
  2. Garasaki

Garasaki Well-Known Member

I'm considering moleskin pants in brown or light beige. Anyone have "real" pics of either color? I'm weary of luxire's pics. It wouldn't take much difference from the pic to be a color that isn't as versatile for me.

Any other thoughts on moleskin from luxire or any other winter weight fabrics would be appreciated.

3. Robstrongo

Robstrongo Well-Known Member

Are you sure this is the Bengal stripe fabric you ordered? It looks to be a completely different scale stripe than the shirt Luxire shows with that fabric.

4. mimogger

mimogger Member

What kind of conversions did you guys do going from body measurements to peacoat measurements (as in, add an inch anywhere or whatever)? Also, did anyone get theirs yet / have fit pics to go along with it?

5. Terpo

Terpo Well-Known Member

How much extra would hand-finishing the button holes be for shirts?

6. Jr Mouse

Jr Mouse Well-Known Member

All of time and space, everything that ever was or
    Have the "first five" orders been placed or can someone still get in?

7. DarkDestiny

DarkDestiny Well-Known Member

That's been gone for quite a few hours already. When you enter the code, it no longer works.

1 person likes this.
  8. althanis

althanis Well-Known Member

I'm interested in the moleskin too, and almost made that my first order of trousers, but didn't want to spend that much on a Dugdale moleskin yet for my first pair. I'm curious if anyone else got them, I hear that they're good for winter.

If I were you, I'd really try to get a peacoat to try on, measure, and adjust it accordingly - adding and subtracting wherever you need. Even if it fits really badly, I think it would be better than trying body measurements. If push comes to shove and you don't own one already, I hesitate to recommend this but you could just buy one, do the measurements then return it.

9. mimogger

mimogger Member

I used to own a sterlingwear... i think 38 short. I'm not sure how all the measurements line up. http://www.sterlingwear.com/cart/index.php?p=page&page_id=size_chart I remember it being fairly boxy and could shave off a few inches in the waist, but i'm not sure if it would even look okay.

10. althanis

Sometimes the measurements differ from those charts, just a warning. And sometimes they don't have all of them.

Good luck whatever you decide to do!

11. Jr Mouse

Jr Mouse Well-Known Member

All of time and space, everything that ever was or

:(

12. venividivicibj

venividivicibj Well-Known Member

Got this email from luxire about the peacoat measurements:

Use body measurements and add the following to it:

Chest, waist, bottom: + 8.00 inches to full/rounded measurement. +4.00" to half/flat measurement
    Biceps: + 8.00 inches to full/rounded measurement. +4.00" to half/flat measurement
    Cuffs: + 6.00 inches to full/rounded measurement. +3.00" to half/flat measurement

Yoke will be measured same way as the shirts. Adding 1.0" to may be a good idea for some more movement of the arms.
    Sleeves should end about an inch below the cuff joint. Measure about an inch smaller than shirt sleeves.

Will try and explain the way to go about it. (All numbers are in inches)

Talking about the chest:
    Suppose, the body measurement for the chest is 42.00
    The flat/half coat measurement for a skin tight fit will be 22.00 (44.00), taking into account the thickness of the fabric and lining etc.

Now, we do not want a skin tight peacoat. We need to add room for the shirt, the sweater or jumper or any other clothing we may be layering inside.
    We also need some more room inside so that there may be some amount of air circulation and we do not feel suffocated or are not uncomfortable wearing the coat walking out from a restaurant after a heavy meal.

If you need to err, err my making it bigger, not smaller.

13. luxire

luxire Well-Known Member

A lot of queries on peacoat measurements. We have thus added a standard size chart:

[​IMG]

For garments like these, if the fit is good on the shoulders and sleeve length is right, it will look nice even if there is a bit of room in the body/sleeves.

Also, if you have sloping shoulders, it should be mentioned in the notes. Gives a much more elegant fit.

14. luxire

luxire Well-Known Member

For those who like these: Vintage style high-waisted Oxford Bags:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. NOBD

NOBD Well-Known Member

^
    For TTO?

6 people like this.
  16. aj_del

aj_del Well-Known Member

Is there any way of getting full details of my previous order ?

I want to order more shirts with the same measurements as last time and dont want to go through the hassle of taking measurements again :embar:

17. althanis

Can't you just check your email?

18. fridayfrenzy

fridayfrenzy Well-Known Member

Just quote the order # in the notes of your new order. That is all I do (i.e. Use order #4000 for style and measurements but with the following changes...).

Last edited: Dec 15, 2013
  19. aj_del

aj_del Well-Known Member

I really should have, just didnt cross my mind that the order confirmation email would have full details. Anyway, I checked my mail after your advise and funnily I dont have any mail from luxire maybe because I didnt create an account while ordering the first time.

20. althanis

That sounds odd, because in my experience, everywhere sends an order confirmation regardless of whether or not you create an account with them. I'm sure after some back and forth they'll be able to find your order number. Good luck.