• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

smoothmoose

Reaction score

I get your point of view. I also think, if it was that important to you that you wanted insurance and tracking on it, you should have just sent it to India on your own and you could have gotten tracking. Perhaps you didn't know that was an option. It would have been around $55 or so to do it but maybe it would have been insured. Then again, there is no insurance against the monster that is customs. That's the devil.

Nope, I didn't realized that sending direct to India might have be the better option since they suggest to for Canadian and US customers to send to NJ. I sort of assumed that sending to NJ they would actually measure up there and maybe even create a digital pattern they send electronically to India. But in retrospect, that was probably a bad assumption. My guess is they're not quite that technically sophisticated yet and only the the tailors in India draw up the patterns by hand and go from there.

mrjester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nope, I didn't realized that sending direct to India might have be the better option since they suggest to for Canadian and US customers to send to NJ. I sort of assumed that sending to NJ they would actually measure up there and maybe even create a digital pattern they send electronically to India. But in retrospect, that was probably a bad assumption. My guess is they're not quite that technically sophisticated yet and only the the tailors in India draw up the patterns by hand and go from there.
I'm with you here. I think Luxire would save time and money, and we would save time and worries, if they were drawn in NJ. But, hard to argue when I'm sure there's parts of the equation we don't know about. Maybe the low amount of garments being sent to India for replication doesn't outweigh the financial benefit of having them drawn in NJ.

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Once the clothes are in our possession, they are well taken care of. I would not think that there should be a reason to worry.

If someone would like to send an item directly to India, either for their peace of mind or to speed up delivery, we can offer a discounted Fedex shipping label to use and bill the sender for the same.

ashjini

Reaction score

Wow! that is a horribly stereotypical comment.

You make some sophisticated assumption and then you start cribbing. Excellent!

What do you mean by technically sophisticated? Just because your glorified trash is sent to India at no cost to you and sent back to you at no cost to you so that you get a freaking good fitting, they become less sophisticated?

Why don't you use your sophistry and throw some knowledge on pattern making so that the rest of us unsophisticated fools can learn something from you?

mrjester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wow! that is a horribly stereotypical comment.

You make some sophisticated assumption and then you start cribbing. Excellent!

What do you mean by technically sophisticated? Just because your glorified trash is sent to India at no cost to you and sent back to you at no cost to you so that you get a freaking good fitting, they become less sophisticated?

Why don't you use your sophistry and throw some knowledge on pattern making so that the rest of us unsophisticated fools can learn something from you?
Put the brakes on, bro. I'm pretty sure he didn't mean what you think he meant.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Sometimes this thread reads like a support group for Luxire customers...

mrjester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sometimes this thread reads like a support group for Luxire customers...
There is quite a bit of posting in here. And a lot of people posting complaints about things that don't really need posting about. Always followed by people telling them to cool.

So, agreed.

ashjini

Reaction score

Put the brakes on, bro. I'm pretty sure he didn't mean what you think he meant.

I did a study for Gap long time ago about manufacturing in Asia. The technical capabilities in places like Bangladesh, Vietnam, Sri Lanka, India and other such countries would easily put the "sophisticated" world to shame.

I am interested in knowing about the technology Mr. moose is talking about. He possesses some intense knowledge about sophistication, technology and pattern making.

Wade

Reaction score
I think the office in nj is the office of the parent company so i doubt the ppl working there will know much about the actual process of making a shirt, etc.

That said, even if someone there was able to copy a shirt that you send, id imagine there is less space in that office compared to the India location

Also, many ppl ask for order numbers here to replicate a collar or something else that they like and if there are some in nj while the rest is in India, it wouldn't be as efficient

ryewo[i dmfsOZI490w

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I did a study for Gap long time ago about manufacturing in Asia. The technical capabilities in places like Bangladesh, Vietnam, Sri Lanka, India and other such countries would easily put the "sophisticated" world to shame. I am interested in knowing about the technology Mr. moose is talking about. He possesses some intense knowledge about sophistication, technology and pattern making.
Dude, just calm down. Look at their website and their new Tumblr; I'm pretty sure they acknowledged that certain technological things aren't up to par. I think you're being overly sensitive because of some kind of slight you've received for being Indian.

GradSchooler

Reaction score

I did a study for Gap long time ago about manufacturing in Asia. The technical capabilities in places like Bangladesh, Vietnam, Sri Lanka, India and other such countries would easily put the "sophisticated" world to shame. I am interested in knowing about the technology Mr. moose is talking about. He possesses some intense knowledge about sophistication, technology and pattern making.
You need to calm down, son. The original post was about the technological sophistication of the company in general, not some racist vitriol on the primitiveness of Asia. Given the sophistication (or relative lack thereof) of Luxire's website and tumblr and the difficulty they have in enacting some basic processes on the website, I don't think its a stretch to suggest they may not have the technological capacity for making digital patterns. That's not an insult, that's just a statement.

ashjini

Reaction score

ScootManSam

Reaction score
In summary, there are some systematic flaws in the way we work. We are aware of those and work on them gradually. The focus so far has been on making better clothes and providing good human driven customer service.

Side note:
...somewhere in our mind, we do not want to become a machine. Though flawed, the joy of human bonding is immense. Just our thoughts.
Here is Luxire itself acknowledging its technological limitations. He wasn't referring to the technical abilities of Indian tailors. He was talking about the technological limitations of the company, specifically that they don't offer updated tracking and order statuses. Relax.

mrjester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sad that we are not discussing these beautiful additions. I have my sight set on the red stripes.
You're the one that cried racism. Don't get sad when people respond to it.

I think they've got some better red stripes than that. But I wouldn't mind looking at the swatch. I'd love to see some burgundy stripes in thinner ones than the candy-stripe they have now.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads