1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by luxire, Jun 20, 2012.

1. topos

topos Well-Known Member

It's pretty tough to say, but you also might find it as or more useful to add to the hip measurements. I have a similar problem (too tight across the hips) and have found that my best fitting pants share a more similar hip measurement than rise measurement.

2. Shirter

Shirter Member

Greetings!
    I'm a new poster, but I have been avidly reading this Luxire thread since around the first of this year, and I do have a couple of Luxire shirts.

Is it appropriate for me to mention here that I posted this fit question in another thread? It is about a Luxire shirt, so it may be of interest here, too…most especially because I would add here that the cloth—Luxire's Aqua Green Herringbone—disappointed me with its color. Don't get me wrong; the fabric is very nice, but it is not in any way close to the color in the picture on Luxire's website. The color in my posted pictures is more accurate. There is only the subtlest suggestion of a hint of green in the cloth itself, whereas Luxire's photo and fabric name both suggest something of a minty-ness in the color. That minty-ness is just not in the fabric itself. So it is nice cloth, but not what I wanted for the particular color combo effect that I chose it for. (I did report this color concern to Luxire directly.)

I'll be glad for any insights about shirt fitting that followers of this thread also might offer.

Thanks for being such a helpful and enthusiastic group!

—Shirter

3. Xtra

Xtra Well-Known Member

I would recommend that you get swatches of the fabrics that you want to order to be sure of the fabric, as unfortunately pictures/names can be inaccurate. (might be the monitor as well....)

Swatches can be ordered by using this link - http://luxire.com/products/additional-service - and input the amount of swatches you need at 1$ a piece. I would recommend that you order the swatches when ordering a shirt/trouser. If they are not in the same (express shipping) order, the swatches will probably take weeks to get to you.

4. Shirter

Shirter Member

Thanks Xtra. I agree with you about the value of swatches. When I recommend Luxire to people, I even make a point of advising them to order a bunch of swatches with their first shirt so that they don't have to pay separate shipping for swatches.

But my color-match yammering has distracted from my intended question…which is about the fit of my first Luxire shirt.
    1) I'd be grateful for comments about any aspect of the shirt.
    2) I'm especially concerned about collar fit. In the current shirt my Adam's apple is uncomfortably wrapped within the collar.

[​IMG]

Other photos of this shirt, along with a couple of a more-comfortable collar, are in my original post about this issue, here.
    My main goal is to be able to wear a tie comfortably. Thanks for any insights!
    —Shirter
    EDIT: I've realized that a more direct way to say what I need help with is how to get a lower neckline—how to figure out what that would mean in my case and how to communicate it to Luxire.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2013
  5. ScootManSam

ScootManSam Well-Known Member

I would measure your best fitting trousers, take some fit pictures, and email mail@luxire.com and ask Theresa for her opinion on what adjustments to make to those measurements. You could also post them here to get some commentary.

6. Louis XIV

Louis XIV Well-Known Member

Theresa,

two questions:

1. Do you offer YKK zip flies for chinos?
    2. In case so, do you have them in nickel/silver color?

7. Holdfast

Holdfast Well-Known Member

I just got the shipping notice on a batch containing that fabric as a BD collar shirt, so will keep you in the loop. I'm not typically a fan of very yellow shirts, but this one looked pale enough to fill an off-yellow (if that makes sense) niche that I do find quite useful, both in summer & winter (obv. I'll need a jumper with it in winter!). The order also includes my first spread collar from Luxire; fingers crossed it's come out how I wanted as I really need to replace some aging older shirts.
    Turnaround on this batch has been superfast; ordered 4th, dispatched 17th (16th I think, taking into account the time difference)! [​IMG]

8. NOBD

NOBD Well-Known Member

My order from three days after that is on its way as well. :)

9. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Well-Known Member

Wow, turnaround time is looking much better now. By the time I get my stuff tomorrow, it will be 8 weeks since my original order. I'm hoping my next order is much quicker!

10. Holdfast

You're Luxire Royalty though, what with your named collars and all! [​IMG]

11. NOBD

NOBD Well-Known Member

:laugh: On the other hand, my amount of named collars is very close to my amount of shirts ordered...

12. Holdfast

13. NOBD

NOBD Well-Known Member

Now, that would be, and I think it's the first time I've ever used this word, awesome!

14. benjamin831

benjamin831 Well-Known Member

Anybody interested having peacoats made by Luxire? Maybe we can get a product like this going

15. 7_rocket

7_rocket Well-Known Member

I am, if it's the weight weight and quality like Sterlingwear. I'd be interested in a price

16. Cantabrigian

Cantabrigian Well-Known Member

Do you guys have any experience making teba jackets?

Somehow just learned about them and am interested but unsure enough to not want to jump into Burgos-ing one.

17. Cantabrigian

Cantabrigian Well-Known Member

An (great) example from the Armoury

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  18. Betelgeuse

Betelgeuse Well-Known Member

I need some of your help, guys.

Finally I had time to take some pic of the trousers. As I said, I don't have a trouser that fits me right, all of them have this problem and I don't know how to solve it.

I will take the measurements of the Brooks Brothers trouser, which I didn't have when I ordered the Luxire, to get some thing right, like the hip measurement, the lenght and thigh. Waist is going to be decreased too, both fit a bit big.

I already wrote to Theresa to see her recommendations.

Thanks in advance! [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. smoothmoose

smoothmoose Well-Known Member

I don't think your Brooks Brothers fit any better than your Luxire, different or tighter might be the right words. For example on the BB, it's obvious you are getting pocket flare and the seam line is being pull back towards the seat. The seat is too tight tight. Your front half hip might be ok, but you definitely need more seat (back half hip) on the BB.

Consider posting on the Tailors Fit/Alterations thread for more constructive feedback.

20. smoothmoose

smoothmoose Well-Known Member

double post...