1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by luxire, Jun 20, 2012.

1. NOBD

NOBD Well-Known Member

This is the II:

[​IMG]

2. Pingson

Pingson Well-Known Member

First pair of trousers I have ordered from Luxire - 14 oz flannel from Hardy Minnis (0300, I believe). They turned out very nice, I must say - fit is spot on with the measurements I sent in.

[​IMG]

Details:
    Pockets:
    [​IMG]
    Buttoned turn-ups:
    [​IMG]
    Button fly:
    [​IMG]
    Fish-tail bac and brace buttons:
    [​IMG]

6 people like this.
  3. 7_rocket

7_rocket Well-Known Member

How did you guys send your measurements for pants? I can probably send a well fitting pant to them like I did my shirt but might be costly.

Did you guys just measure a well fitting pant and send in your measurements?

4. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Well-Known Member

I sent a pair of pants in and gave a few adjustments over email...not to the measurements, just to the details like belt loops, cuffs, etc. I had them copy the measurements of the pants exactly. Should have the new pair here on Monday!

5. Murlsquirl

Murlsquirl Well-Known Member

I really like that collar. I'llbe ordering a couple of those after I receive my first shirt and make sure every thing is dialed in.

6. teddyc4

teddyc4 Member

When ordering that collar, how to specify? Just "the II"? Thanks.

7. venividivicibj

venividivicibj Well-Known Member

NOBD 2 collar. Or collar from Order #3559

8. table21

table21 Well-Known Member

I placed an order for a shirt with that collar in mind, I hope it turns out like that.

9. ScootManSam

ScootManSam Well-Known Member

I just took measurements from a pair of MTM trousers and entered those, with a few minor adjustments. I got side-adjusters so I'm hoping that will give me a little leeway with the waist measurement. Theresa said it would ship by this week, so I'm hoping they arrive by the end of the week or early next week. I'm hoping Luxire adds a more affordable all-wool grey flannel soon, so I can put in my next order asap.

10. ScootManSam

I just looked back and saw that they did add a Dugdale flannel for 200, but I agree that 9 oz. seems way too light for a fall/winter flannel.

11. taxgenius

taxgenius Well-Known Member

Our only option may be HY or Epaulet.

12. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Well-Known Member

Just checked the tracking for my order and saw that it changed from expected delivery of Monday (today) to Wednesday :fu:

13. ScootManSam

You might be right, but I'm still holding out hope they'll be able to source something. Didn't they say they reached out to VBC about their flannel? I wonder if anything will come of that. Either way, if I'm happy with my first pair, which I'm sure I will be, I'd probably go with the wool-poly blend from Luxire than deal with the hassle of alterations. Ammanati posted a picture of his trousers made with the blend a while back and they looked great. We'll see.

14. ScootManSam

That's the worst.

15. chuckb

chuckb Well-Known Member

Yeah, rather than wait to hear back about whether they can get VBC flannel (or pay $200 for 9oz flannel, or $300 for minnis) I broke down and ordered a pair of the $100 wool blend, since cold weather is a'comin here in the upper midwest (42 degrees this morning).

16. ScootManSam

I'd say that's a good call. I'm from MN so I know the feeling. I'm in DC now so I'll probably wait a month to see if anything new is introduced and if not, pull the trigger on the wool blends. At $99, it doesn't hurt to try out a pair. Let's see some pics once yours are ready.

17. archibaldleach

archibaldleach Well-Known Member

I ended up trying the cavalry twill as an alternative odd trouser. Most of them are 20-21 ounces and thus a bit heavy, but they have a mid grey and some lighter tans (forget the exact color name) in a 15-16 ounce fabric which should be very nice as it gets cooler. $200 vs. $300 for the Minnis, so not a huge cost savings, but I expect it to make a nice trouser. I'll try to post my thoughts on the cavalry twill once I receive it.

18. hookem12387

hookem12387 Well-Known Member

Perfect for down here :D

19. venividivicibj

venividivicibj Well-Known Member

I was thinking about buying the pale yellow linen cotton, but I didn't know what it would match with//if pale yellow would be a good color in the first place, any ideas?

20. loanshark

loanshark Well-Known Member

I have a couple of questions about trouser measurements. I genuinely don't have any trousers whose fit I'm satisfied with to measure, so I'm going to try to change measurements from my best alternative for an order at Luxire. Currently I get the most wear out of RTW BB gabardines which I size up and then have altered to fit. The problem with these pants (and all other RTW I've found) is that they fit too tight OTR in the crotch/seat when I choose the correct waist size. I can justify sizing up and altering when I'm buying on sale <$100. However I want to branch out with a couple of pair of flannels and at $250 for BB I decided it doesn't make sense to settle for a compromised fit. So my question is: if I take the measurements from my best fitting pair per Luxire's measurement guide, would adding 1" to the front and back rise be sufficient to allow the extra room I'm looking for? I understand that they won't fit perfect the first order, but if I can find the right fit I'll likely order my trousers MTM from Luxire moving forward. Thanks in advance.