1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by luxire, Jun 20, 2012.

1. europrep

europrep Well-Known Member

They addressed this a couple a couple days ago. It is a third party service that sends out the review emails.

2. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Well-Known Member

^ haha, yeah I posted about that earlier in the week, same thing happened to me. But, I did finally get a shipping notification...one shirt, one trouser, and 72 swatches (some shirts, some trousers) :)

Last edited: Sep 12, 2013
  3. venividivicibj

venividivicibj Well-Known Member

Upload the swatches when you get them please?

4. joewmoss

joewmoss Well-Known Member

Yeah, last i asked for swatches of the trousers/dugdale they refused to do so as a matter of policy.

5. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Well-Known Member

There should be a few Dugdale fabrics with my swatches, hopefully they are included. They said they would refund me if any if the swatches weren't available, and I haven't gotten any refund yet. I'll upload them when I get them.

6. table21

table21 Well-Known Member

Does anyone know how long it takes for an order to go through? I started reading and in the first 25 pages people are getting orders in just over a week. On the last few pages it looks more like 7 weeks. Is there an estimate on how long a MTM shirt takes for it to get to you.

7. taxgenius

taxgenius Well-Known Member

Forgive me if this was already asked and answered (I did a word search and couldn't find it), but has anyone compared wool trousers from Luxire to Epaulet?

8. hookem12387

hookem12387 Well-Known Member

I have both. I would consider them on the same quality level, though I'm no expert.

9. archibaldleach

archibaldleach Well-Known Member

Duplicate.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2013
  10. archibaldleach

archibaldleach Well-Known Member

I'd say somewhere in the middle. First orders take a bit longer; trouser orders take a bit longer than shirts.

11. Wade

Wade Well-Known Member

i have chinos from both and quality is similar. Luxire wins for me, though because I have to special order for my small waist and get the pants tailored a bit whereas with luxire turnaround time will be similar, i can make modifications and custom requests at no extra charge, and no tailoring needed after receiving them. Price wise, chinos are cheaper on luxire and trousers seem to be similar price with epaulet. If you can nail down a good fit, I'd say go with luxire and buy from epaulet when they have some special pattern or material that luxire doesnt have

12. Garasaki

Garasaki Well-Known Member

Received my shipping notice yesterday!!!

Crazy shipping, items are coming from India to Iowa, from thursday to monday. That's pretty amazing.

13. chuckb

chuckb Well-Known Member

Would you be able to do something like this in vest form? Something along these lines: this, this, or this. And do you have outerwear fabrics that are reasonably waterproof?

14. luxire

luxire Well-Known Member

Glad to make a quilted vest. We use breathable waterproof fabrics from Epic and can make any kind of outerwear using them. Epic fabrics come in in different materials like cotton, poly, nylon and their combinations and thus allow a lot of flexibility.

2 people like this.
  15. Mr.K

Mr.K Well-Known Member

A quilted vest would be nice. Something in a cotton with a button front instead of a zipper. Do you have a price range they might be in. Thanks

1 person likes this.
  16. luxire

luxire Well-Known Member

Prices depend on different options requested, can vary widely.

Thus, should be best discussed over email.

17. Shinrouen

Shinrouen Member

Has anyone posted pics of a NOBD II without a tie? I'm having a hard time remembering since pages exceeded 200

18. venividivicibj

venividivicibj Well-Known Member

19. Shinrouen

Shinrouen Member

Thank you!

20. mrjester

mrjester Well-Known Member

That's definitely the NOBD 1. The 2 looks like a standard semi-spread, I'm sure. But ask NOBD for details.