1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by luxire, Jun 20, 2012.

1. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Well-Known Member

I'm still pretty surprised about all the love for pleats in this thread. Hopefully my pants ship soon and I can post an example of a non-pleated pair :)

2. europrep

europrep Well-Known Member

Agreed. Look forward to seeing your pair. I have been holding off on my second pant order.

3. mrjester

mrjester Well-Known Member

Was my non pleated not good enough for you?!

4. AchtungBaby07

AchtungBaby07 Well-Known Member

Since we are on the topic of pleats, was wondering if pleats would only work well with plain solid color rather than on pinstripes or plaid?

5. luxire

luxire Well-Known Member

New Square - Canaletto

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  6. mrjester

mrjester Well-Known Member

Blows my mind how well those look. Nicely done. I want something similar now. Can you give all the details? Double pleated it looks like? 2" Cuffs?

7. ammanati

ammanati Well-Known Member

Thanks! Gratitude to Luxire ;)

He are the details:
    1x Dugdale Linen:Beige Plain - Front Pleats: Double Pleat Reverse - Front Pockets: Slant - Fly Style: Button - Waist Band: Custom style waistband (Add requirement in custom field below) - Rear Pockets: 2 Rear Pockets - Bottom Cuff: Yes 1.50" - Custom Requirements: Measurments as in order #3409 Link to the waistband details (white pants): http://zarembabespoke.tumblr.com/post/48924812125/hand-made-chinos-pants

Due to my size I don't go for cuffs >1.50''

8. Rincon

Rincon Well-Known Member

So, are pleats a thing now? ;)

Great looking pants... but you think the rise should be longer? With the slimness of the legs I don't think you increase it.

9. ammanati

ammanati Well-Known Member

Regarding the rise measurment. I am just worriend about "a" dimension. I don't want a/b ratio to be to big as this will probably make me look shorter.
    [​IMG]

10. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Well-Known Member

I thought you had a single pleat in the pair you posted...or maybe I have that confused with a different pair posted by someone else.

11. SeamasterLux

SeamasterLux Well-Known Member

Very good looking trousers yo'uve got there. I am still considering launching an order with Luxire but somewhy I'm a bit concerned of the fit.

Anyway, I think we have a similar issue (I'm approx. 5'9). While I used to wear low rise pants in order to appear taller (front rise between 8.75 and 9" in the past), I realized that most of the times, it made the belt waist visible which isn't very classy IMHO. Now I'm wearing 9.5-10" max and it does look better, more manly.

Still, it's a big discussion for short guys.

12. Osiris2012

Osiris2012 Well-Known Member

Got my first Luxire today, really happy with how it turned out, thought I would have made mistakes with the measurements first time around but seems to have been bang on. About a 2 week turn around time too so better than I was expecting. Will def be ordering some more.

1 person likes this.
  13. Doan Tu Thanh

Doan Tu Thanh Member

Just a silly question. I'm thinking of a two-buttoned collar but as it is not listed can I pick "custom" instead and tell them what I want like collar band height, collar point length?

14. PtrckHmphrys

PtrckHmphrys Well-Known Member

Yep. You can customise virtually any detail of any garment. Just be sure to state your specifications clearly.

1 person likes this.
  15. luxire

luxire Well-Known Member

7 people like this.
  16. emptym

emptym Well-Known Member

Wonderful. Love the oat, gray, and green cavalry twills in particular, and all the herringbone tweeds.

17. PtrckHmphrys

PtrckHmphrys Well-Known Member

Those cavalry twills are nice, but 20–21 oz seems a bit much for trousers (I think—I'm still learning about this). What are they intended for?

18. scrolls

scrolls Well-Known Member

Luxire,

Do you have any maroon pant options (besides this one) that haven't been added to the website yet? Thanks.

19. venividivicibj

venividivicibj Well-Known Member

the new dugdale tweeds, those can be used for jackets also right?

20. archibaldleach

archibaldleach Well-Known Member

Keep in mind that the lower part of the body can withstand heavier fabric weights.